A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
775 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap 5 CLOSED - Send 10/8/2009 for fabric; 12/22/2009 for blocks  (Read 19830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chinarockfishakm

Ralphie Jr. (Christmas Story)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009 07:36:50 PM »

I have my fabric narrowed down between 2 fat quarter bundles. Its going to be colorful. I know its a lap quilt but I may add either thick borders/sashing or more blocks to make a duvet cover. Depends on how it comes out. WOO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft-ish Blog: http://notimeforcrafting.blogspot.com/

Anyone wanna help a good cause and buy a sonography class cookbook so I can go to a seminar in September? They are $15 alone, and $20 with handmade potholders. PM me!
gingerquilts
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009 07:55:54 PM »

I pulled some things from my stash to match a piece of Kaffe Fasset that I've had for a long time.  I like it personally and hope everyone doesn't say "ew, what was SHE thinking"!  Tomorrow I hope to get things cut and packaged in anticipation of mailing.

j_q_adams I'm so glad you are joining us.  I've wanted to swap with you since I saw you over on the flickr mini quilt group!

So excited.  I may just play with my fabric and make my block to see how the fabrics go together.  I'm thinking of sending a muslin square to everyone to make a siggie square.  It can just be a signature.  Is that cool with everyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shout4joy
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2009 05:14:44 AM »

I'm thinking of sending a muslin square to everyone to make a siggie square.  It can just be a signature.  Is that cool with everyone?

fine with me Smiley I'll probably forget to do such a thing Tongue but like the idea!

JOY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j_q_adams
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2009 07:25:22 AM »

Saw that Hancock Fabrics is currently running a sale and Kona Cotton Solids are $2.88 / yard.  Seemed like a pretty unreal deal to me, so I thought I'd share:
http://www.hancockfabrics.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2009 11:10:33 AM »

with all the previous rounds of this swap i've chose on block that i make for everyone, and plan to do the same for this round as well. the past blocks were representative of myself and i want this block to be as well but i'm running out of blocks to do lol. i tried this one but once i got it finished i looked at it and thought it looks a little busy.

i used 4 fabrics
the heart for my love of quilting, the bars paw cause i used to live in the mountains, the friendship star cause i've made some awesome friends threw this swap and the maple leaf because i'm canadian.

the thimble print is the one print every package has. the little patch in the bear paw is an example of the quilting quotes that are in every package as well.

i'm not sold on this block yet i may keep looking and see what else there is out there

OR . . .

this one is just a heart block (i've been digging the heart blocks lately)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009 01:43:42 PM by 1boy1girl1kitty2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
chinarockfishakm

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2009 05:33:00 PM »

The hearts are cute. Im stuck between the 2 Anna Maria Horner fat quarter stacks. Its going to be pieces of all the fat quarters divided randomly. Ah decisions:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone wanna help a good cause and buy a sonography class cookbook so I can go to a seminar in September? They are $15 alone, and $20 with handmade potholders. PM me!
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2009 06:02:44 AM »

fabric land has a 50% off members only sale this weekend!!

i will go pick up the coordinating fabric for my main fabric (which i bought it 6 months ago and didnt want to cut it. had no real inspirational ideas and this is the perfect use for it)

and i am sure i will also find many more fabrics that need to come live with my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Linnybelle
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2009 07:09:15 AM »

I've been a lurker for the past four rounds for this swap, but this time I just couldn't resist. Hopefully I get in because I just bought a whole bunch of music themed fabric and I think it'd be perfect for this swap.

I'll have to play around with the fabrics this weekend and see what I like together.  I'm thinking I might add red to it, since the fabrics are mostly black and white.  I may have to go to the fabric store though.  Most of my reds are smaller pieces.  We'll see.   Or maybe pink... Hmmm...

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009 07:12:28 AM by Linnybelle » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
chinarockfishakm

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2009 01:18:12 PM »

Waiting for my fabric so I can cut it up and mail it back out:-) Its pretty...hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009 09:40:05 AM »

Are we going to be doing Monday updates here or somewhere else? 
I have my fabric cut and ready to go, just need to go to the P.O.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 09:26:44 AM by summertimerolls » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Honey Chipotle Ribs
National Hot Dog Day: Simple Gourmet Franks
How to Make a Classic Chicago-Style Hot Dog for Summer
Appetite For Digestion: Anthony Eats America Ep. 4 - Deleted Scene
Anthony Opens Up: Anthony Eats America Ep. 4 - Deleted Scene
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...