A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
812 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap 5 CLOSED - Send 10/8/2009 for fabric; 12/22/2009 for blocks  (Read 21315 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ritapizza
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009 04:54:22 PM »

I prefer it when people send bigger pieces and at least one piece that is at least 12.5" long because then I have more choices and flexiblity in what kind of block I can make for you. I sometimes don't have enough fabric to make the block I want to.

What I'm doing is cutting fat quarters into thirds which makes each piece about 7.5" x 18" and sending 4-5 of those pieces to each person in the group and I expect a fair amount of leftover fabric sent back too that I can use to make more blocks.

Oh! these are the fabrics I'm sending, by the way Cheesy I cut them last night hoping that we would get our partners today!

Each person will get 2-3 prints and two solids (one cream and one either pink or blue) and I'm requesting star blocks or whatever inspires you Smiley

I'm excited but when do we start? We gotta recruit more swappers! Or we can do a small group... I'm fine with that Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chinarockfishakm

Ralphie Jr. (Christmas Story)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009 05:44:57 PM »

I extended the deadline to signup for Staurday. We need a couple more people. Since there will probably only be one group im going to make 1b1g1k2 just 1 group. So we ned a few more people. I added a week onto the sendout for fabric and sendout for blocks. Ok with everyone? Also, the DC requirements were changed. Is this ok with everyone? I was informed its mandatory. Thanks!! Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft-ish Blog: http://notimeforcrafting.blogspot.com/

Anyone wanna help a good cause and buy a sonography class cookbook so I can go to a seminar in September? They are $15 alone, and $20 with handmade potholders. PM me!
sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2009 07:15:26 PM »

are dc numbers mandatory for non US swappers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
gingerquilts
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009 05:36:19 AM »

Pretty fabrics ritapizza!  I'm looking forward to what everyone sends.  I've been pulling fabrics out and trying to make myself use them instead of head to the fabric store like I really want to!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009 05:44:37 AM »

are dc numbers mandatory for non US swappers?

No, non US senders, and people from the US sending outside the US are not required to get dc numbers. If you are sending internationally, please save your postal receipts as proof of sending.  Smiley

I've been pulling fabrics out and trying to make myself use them instead of head to the fabric store like I really want to!   Wink

You are only fooling yourself.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
j_q_adams
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009 02:43:29 PM »

OK, OK ... I can't resist!  I couldn't sit idly by and watch the group get started with < 12 people.   Grin

Now ... what fabrics should I use ... ... ... Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ritapizza
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009 02:56:28 PM »

OK, OK ... I can't resist!  I couldn't sit idly by and watch the group get started with < 12 people.   Grin

Now ... what fabrics should I use ... ... ... Huh

Woohooo!!! Cheesy No, I did not try to lure you in at all Tongue So glad you could join us!

Pretty fabrics ritapizza!  I'm looking forward to what everyone sends.  I've been pulling fabrics out and trying to make myself use them instead of head to the fabric store like I really want to!   Wink

Thanks! its the first time I'm using fabrics all from the same line plus some solids... pulling fabrics from the stash is always fun!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009 03:03:22 PM by ritapizza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009 04:07:43 PM »

my fabrics have been chosen for months, its just a hodge podge of sewing themed fabrics. i've been collecting forever and i finally have enough!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
ritapizza
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009 04:09:38 PM »

my fabrics have been chosen for months, its just a hodge podge of sewing themed fabrics. i've been collecting forever and i finally have enough!!

Oo! that sounds fun! do you have a picture?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009 06:34:55 PM »

i just finished cutting and packaging! and not once did it cross my mind to take a pic of the lot together! there are 13 different prints (no solids but a colour on colour)

each package is different. but each package has:

a colour on colour large piece (approx 11x18) there are three different prints
3 peices that are approx 9x11 - there are 9 different prints
EVERY package will have a common fabric - there are two pieces approx 6x11 (same print just 2 cuts)
there is also a small 4x4 patch that has an inspirational quilting quote on it in each package. if you can work into the block awesome if not thats fine too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Beautiful Festival Makeup
DIY Bright, Glitter Nail Art Looks
British Sensation Jessie Ware Tells Us Her Best Travel Beauty Tricks
How to Make a Cheddar Beer Pumpkin Dip and Beer-Can Chicken
Million Dollar Critic: Charleston, I Know You Got Soul Food
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...