A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
565 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilt Swap 5 CLOSED - Send 10/8/2009 for fabric; 12/22/2009 for blocks  (Read 19829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2009 09:52:45 AM »

fabric is washed, dried, ironed, cut and sorted.
envelopes are addressed.
notes are ready for the mailing.

i don't have any zip locks.

arghhh...
 Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Linnybelle
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009 11:36:10 AM »

Washing fabrics today, then drying and cutting.  Need mailers and ziplocks.  Should be ready to ship in just a little bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
SimplySandy
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009 07:38:35 PM »

MONDAY UPDATENot much to report.  Think I'll try to use fabrics from my stash for this swap, but then again I love some new fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j_q_adams
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2009 08:09:54 PM »

MONDAY UPDATEI've been debating about what fabrics to use ... but I had overbought for LQS4, so I think I will supplement my leftovers with a few new prints and then use the same basic collection.  Then I can combine LQS 4+5 for a big, amazing quilt!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 08:10:24 PM by j_q_adams » THIS ROCKS   Logged
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2009 08:25:34 PM »

i've had everything ready to go since last friday but dont really have the extra funds to ship untill this friday
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
gingerquilts
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2009 05:01:47 AM »

Whew!  Got mine all shipped out yesterday.  Will be getting the pm's to the organizers as soon as they all get typed in!   Grin
Pics posted in the gallery!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321561.msg3709015#msg3709015

« Last Edit: September 22, 2009 05:59:02 AM by gingerquilts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shout4joy
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2009 07:01:32 AM »

Oh no! I forgot to post yesterday Sad

My fabric is on it's way to me...I ordered it because I couldn't decide what to send from my stash  Grin And I just couldn't resist buying fabric.

JOY
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2009 09:19:49 AM »

2 things i forgot to mention in my note is :

1. please send my scraps back as some prints thats all i have and i'd like to make more blocks with the leftovers

2. if you have a sewing notion/quilting themed fabric in your stash that you think would look good in the block go ahead and use it - doesnt matter if the fabric is prewashed or not
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
ritapizza
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2009 11:35:16 AM »

my bad! for my late monday update... I have my packages made and ready to send but it's so busy at work these days, I won't have time to go to the post office until tomorrow (and hopefully the nice post lady will be there and won't mind stamping 11 packages!)

does anyone else get the problem where you have to ship priority mail in order to get a DC# on a package? because my envelopes are too light, they don't allow me to put a DC# on it unless I ship it priority so a $2 package becomes a $6 package Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SimplySandy
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2009 01:30:36 PM »

does anyone else get the problem where you have to ship priority mail in order to get a DC# on a package? because my envelopes are too light, they don't allow me to put a DC# on it unless I ship it priority so a $2 package becomes a $6 package Sad
Rita, I deliver mail for the post office so I feel a little qualified to answer this.  The weight of the envelope isn't the problem, it's the thickness.  Just fold your fabric several times to make it thick.  Now it becomes a parcel and not a flat.  Hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ultimate Comfort Food: How to Make Shrimp & Grits
How to Use Holiday Leftovers in New Meals
Pumpkin-Stuffed Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
How to Make 2 Sweet and Savory Brunch Dishes
Comfort Food: Hearty Farro, Sausage & Kale Stew
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...