A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Let me inundate you... **now with more links**  (Read 648 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HippiePunk

Oooh...shiny pretty objects!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 05, 2009 03:53:20 PM »

So, during the summer of my total underemployment I kept myself busy with WoW, books and crochet. I made lots o' shit but this is all I feel is worth really posting and/ or has not already been given away/sold.
Firstly I made two smallish afghans of the same two large quantites of clearance yarn. Carron's "One Pound Super Saver" in a discontinued kind of cranberry red shade and Patton's "Afghan Choice" (I think) in a chocolate brown for a choco - cherry color scheme.
Afghan numero uno: No pattern for this one. I used a simple victorian granny square adaptation I found somewhere on the internets for free and made it up as I went along. The motif are connected via strategically placed sc's and chains. There's a border of dc and sc stripes.

Close up:

Afghan #2: This one is a Doris Chan pattern called the "Crochet Rockland Throw" and was a freebie promo from Micheal's. I modified it a bit by adding more motifs, changing the seaming between the motifs so as to use fewer stitches and by well, using only two colors.

Close up:

And for you, my lovelies:
 http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=25630

A few days ago I made two scarves based off the "Floaty Fall Scarf" pattern in the current fall issue of Crochet Today mag. The pattern calls for size 10 bamboo thread and in keeping with my usual pattern compliance I didn't. Back in 2006 I scored a huge bag of vintage cotton crochet thread from one of my local thrift stores for like 3 bucks and a soon as I saw the pattern I finally knew what to do with all that thread I had barely used and had been languishing in the closet for so long.

Scarf One: I made no structural charges to the pattern but I did add stripes because it seemed too plain on its own. Instead of the picot edge, I went with a 5dc simple shell patten around the outer edge and a simple hdc on the edge that touches my neck.

http://www.crochettoday.com/crochet-patterns/floaty-fall-scarf

Close Up:

Scarf Two: Very much like the first but with the stripes gradually getting bigger as the scarf swells in size. One of the threads had a sweet little variegation in color going on that lends a slight visual punch to the scarf when seen irl. Again I swapped the picot for the shell but added a few rows of sc and hdc before finishing it off.

Close Up:

Last night I finally finished the sweater I started for myself. It's the Long Cardi pattern from the Bernat "Softee Chunky Twists: Weekend Wear" book #542028. I wanted a long dark red cardi for a long time and I saw this pattern and it just beckoned me to give it a go.

http://www.bernat.com/patternbook.php?PBS=542028

I made far too many minor adjustments to this pattern to bore you by listing them all but sufficed to say it was never intended for a large breasted woman and I did my best to make it so.

Close up of collar:

This pattern frustrated me quite a bit with its technical problems and I did have to rip and redo the front panels quite a bit but I think I actually really like it. I used plain old Red Heart Super Saver b/c I'm a cheap ass and I wanted it be able to take a lot of washing machine abuse seeing as I'll be wearing this baby out. I must warn you, the collar is much more dramatic than it appears in the photo and when my husband watched me try it on he laughed. When I asked why he said "It looks like you made a knit Matrix coat." I think it needs a lot more shaping and probably would need to be made of a nylon/bamboo blend for that, but it made me cackle non the less.

Ok thanks for sitting through that. Please pardon the lack of action shots as I am feeling under the weather and don't want to scare you. Comments and criticism are much appreciated.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009 02:57:37 PM by HippiePunk - Reason: Added links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

We live in a rainbow of chaos
sewhappysue

addicted to dolls

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009 04:08:32 PM »

All lovely work, but I really love the second afghan!! Thanks for the link
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chiscrochetcrazy

New Ami Patterns in the shop

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009 11:38:02 AM »

I love all you items  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint a Simple Background with Acrylic Paint
How to Paint with Acrylic Paint: Perspective
How to Paint a Mottled Background with Acrylic Paint
Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh Talk Art and Basketball At Art Basel
How to Paint a Sky With Acrylic
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...