A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sea Life Swap Gallery Under the Sea  (Read 16666 times)
Tags for this thread: narwhal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2009 06:30:13 PM »

Feedback has been updated again for those that have sent and their partner has received.

There are still some of you that have not yet sent out...I do hope you folks are making good progress and will be sending out within this coming week Smiley  I'm REALLY anxious to see all your great packages!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2009 07:01:23 PM »

Down to hand sewing the detail on this last big project that I threw in at the last min. DUH !!
Let's just say wrestling with something that has eight ummmm arms and doing it with a needle makes for a bloody experiance. Wink
All will come to you soon, I promise !!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2009 01:38:40 PM »

OMG !!!!! I just got the MOST AMAZING Package from Sapphire and I am blown away. Seriously it might be the best swap package I have ever gotten. She really spoiled me beyond belief.
I will get pictures up by tonight to share the mind blowing sea life goodies !! Cheesy
Thank you so very much, from the bottom of my heart Sapphire. The work, through and effort that you have put into everything has touched me deeply.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
ysmeine
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2009 02:52:42 PM »

I received a wonderful package from Untouchableface today.

She had a plushy made especially for us. Here he is in front of our crab aquarium. There is a crab hiding between the castle and the log, peeking out at us. They are a little shy.

She also embroidered a friendly hermit crab hand towel.

Here are some fun carved stamps, a crab and a couple starfish. Very pretty.

Check out all the fiber goodness. I love the depth of the frozen sea roving on the far right, then comes the merino tencil blend, the superwash merino, and the lovely handspun wool/alpaca blend. Absolutely yummy.

I love everything, thank you.

This last pic is not from the swap, but I wanted to share it. My grandparents collected these shells during their many trips to Florida. They then made this as well as many other crafted items. I came in possession of this last week while helping my sister move. She no longer wanted it. Since both of my grandparents have passed away years ago, it is very special to me. I think I am going to try to hang it on the wall some how. I touched up the finish, I just need to atatch the top more securely.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2009 03:42:00 PM »

Wow that decoration your grandparents had is so cool!  and I love the embroidered towel!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2009 03:58:48 PM »

BeccatotheMax is a sneaky, devious, lying wench --- and I love her for it!!!  Little Miss Innocent PM'd me early on confirming that we were doing 2 mediums and one small.  Later on, she did warn that she had spoiled "a little," and I thought, "OK, well, I did also add the extra $1 inflatable seahorse and button barrettes, so it's cool."  

A little?  A LITTLE?!?!?  Sweetie, how did you ever get admitted to college without understanding the definition of "a little"?!?!?!?!?

BeccatotheMax SPOILED HUGE!!!

Now, I'm feeling super guilty about the puny package I sent her compared to the treasure trove she sent me.  Sad

Here's the loot:

First of all, she was kind enough to include a little Halloween treat as an extra for my son.  It's a tablet of temporary tattoos and a bat pencil.

She stencilled on fabric for the first time and made me this wonderful Japanese artwork style pillow case with circling sharks.  It is beautiful!
I had told her sharks and octopi are my favorite sea creatures.
Also, I had told her I like the ocean blue fade of deep to sunlit pale.
Boy, did she deliver! Smiley

A bag of really GORGEOUS glass beads since I've taken up jewelry making:

I can't wait to craft with them! Cheesy

A postcard of an iceberg since I like Arctic stuff and a photo taken of Charleston Harbor from the Battery.  Charleston is about 2 1/2 hours from where Becca lives.  And, I used to live in Charleston.  I had told Becca that I used to work in a lab on James Island and that I loved sitting out on the rocks on the point looking out over the harbor and the fort and watching the international cargo ships come in from the ocean and round into the harbor and that I loved it when the dolphins would play at my feet.

Directly from my wist!!!  Helicopter and shark cookie cutters.  (And, now I've got her hooked on that cookie cutter website!  LOL)  Y'all will understand about why there's a helicopter with the shark really soon.

I adore old Japanese artwork.  Look at this beautiful print Becca sent!  I am totally framing this and hanging it up ASAP! Cheesy  If you could look around my house, you'd see that this is EXACTLY my taste.

OK, get ready to pick your jaws up off the floor.  Blue, glass seashell shaped earrings, a GLITTERY OCTOPUS HAIR BARRETTE (!!!!!!!!), and, direct from my wist, polymer clay tentacle earrings.  BEHOLD:

OK, and here is my absolute favorite --- This may very well be the coolest thing ever received by anyone in any swap ever.  My son was hugely entertained by my very excited, loud, all around batcaca crazy reaction when I pulled this out of the box.  I was BEYOND excited!!!  This is..... this is an EPIC CRAFT WIN!!!

I have a crazymad thing for helicopters.  I am absolutely entranced by them.  And, my favorites are the USCG Dolphins (and to a slightly lesser extent Jayhawks) and their 4 person crews that do at sea rescues (pilot, copilot, mech, and AST rescue swimmer).  I am deeply enthralled by helicopters and, especially, at sea rescue choppers.  So, brace yourselves --- really --- take a deep breath and sit down -- because this is a knock-you-down level of awesome.  Can you handle it?  

Becca made me a USCG helicopter plushie.  I have died and gone to swap Heaven.

BeccatotheMax is The Mighty, Magnificent, Masterful Mistress of Spectacular Swapping.

I have been spoiled to the point of humiliation.  I need to send her a second box.

Oh, and I'm staring at my sewing machine and yarn stash and thinking that perhaps this is the beginning of a fleet of helicopters.  MWAHAHAHahahahahaha!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009 04:04:56 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2009 04:32:31 PM »

I love the embroidered hermit crab towel, and that sealife art by your grandparents is great.  I have lived in FL my whole life, and my maternal grandparents had been snowbirds since I was born, so I have been exposed to the crafty Florida goodies for a long time.  God rest them both, but I really had some good times at their place when I was there hangin' out Smiley

Those tentacle earrings TOTALLY rock!!!  LOVE them!  And the Japanese artwork is lovely, too.  A helicopter plushie  Shocked  Rock on!!!  I remember the comment you made about them in your questionnaire, how awesome to have gotten something!!

Tero, I can't wait to see how you like everything Smiley  I am pleased that you are pleased....I still don't know why the damn DC said YESTERDAY that there was no record of my shipping the package Huh  Really confusing, but good to kinow it finally made it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2009 04:40:46 PM »

Tentacles, teeth, and tailrotor...

*blissful sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
frogangel
I'm willing to do a personal swap! :-)

"Paint it black with a splash of HOT pink!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2009 06:21:44 PM »

I love that hermit crab towel and that shell display is just beautiful! Don't you just love watching hermit crabs move around in their little environment ysmeine? I love the way your hermit crab is playing peek-a-boo! So cute! 

That is a super awesome package Aikibookworm! I love all of it! Very great way of being so sneaky BeccatotheMax! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2009 06:47:59 PM »

OK folks get ready for a mind blowingly cool package. Smiley You must know that I did not take the time to get action shots YET, there are some not so great pictures of some ubber cool things AND there are things missing as my children snagged them and went running off with glee before I could photograph them.
However....here is one of my favorite swap packages evar !!

First opened the box and there was this amazing (seriously I cant believe you made this for me) wall hanging.

Not only is it really well done but it is HUGE that counter is 35 inches wide!! The colors are so pretty and all of my favorite sea critters are on there. Smiley

Next out was this really pretty beach bag that is so going to the library with me on the weekends now. It is so professionally done. The inside is just as pretty as the outside. Did you mean for it to be reversible?

There was this beautiful wrap skirt that my daughter has now taken from me. IT has cool sea ponies on it. Smiley

Then I almost feel over, Sapphire knows me so well. She made me the prettiest pair of hippie wrap pants !!! I so love the color and the fabric is perfect for the weather here. Even hubby came home and said how much he liked them. I will put an action shot up here soon but had to show off the BEAUTIFUL fabric right now.

We should be more than done now right....hee hee nope !!

She sent me the cutest stuffed critters !! EEEPP
I have a crab, a turtle AND a OCTUPUS !!

I tried to be cute and have them playing with their buddies on the wall hanging but the angle and the lighting are all messed up. I will give them another photo shot when I do the action shots of our clothing. Smiley

I know we should be done now right ......NOPE !!!

She made me her kick ass jewelry as well. Smiley

A beautiful sea star necklace

A bracelet that is now my favorite piece of jewelry that I own, some matching earrings and a really pretty ring that I have not taken off since I got it.

There were also sea whimsies as you can see in the picture. Then some really cool post cards, some pretty beach bracelets and other little sea side goodies like pens and such. The girls stole them all !! Smiley

I just don't even know what to say Sapphire. This package touched my heart and has just blown me away. Thank you so very much for all of the hard work and effort you put into it. I deeply appreciate all that you have done. Smiley Hope my package to you will be as well received. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Malaika Firth Model Profile - Interview & Runway
Under Eye Tightening DIY
Sneak Peek: Birchbox July 2014
5 Must-Have Waterproof Makeup Products
What Products to Use and Avoid When You Have Sunburn
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...