I have been wanting to make one of these for so long, and I finally got around to it, and it was so easy! I can't wait to make more!
Here's the tutorial, and there is also one here: http://rufflesandstuff.blogspot.com/2009/09/little-bow-tie-tutorial.html
, if you need more pictures!
1) Just cut out your fabric;
(This will make a toddler-sized one, measure your child's neck first, and adjust slightly for babies or kids)
4 rectangles, about 3"x5"
1 long strip, 15"x2.5"
1 small rectangle, 1.5"x3"
2) Place two of your 3x5 rectangles on top of the other two, and sew almost all the way around, leaving enough room to turn inside out.
3) Turn inside out, fold the openings in, and sew on top, all the way around each rectangle.
4) Fold under each side of your long strip, and sew them together, facing in so that the seams don't show. Then sew around the rest of the strip, to give it a finished look.
5) Do the same thing with your smallest rectangle.
6) Lay both of your bow pieces, on top of each other, in the middle of the neck strap. Place the smallest piece over the bows, and wrap it around to the other side.....
7) Pull very tightly and pin. Then stitch it closed with a needle and thread.
8) Sew on velcro or snaps, measuring around your child's neck first to see where the fasteners need to go. Give yourself a little leeway by adding extra velcro, or extra snaps, so they can wear it as they grow!