A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dishalicious Dishcloth/Washcloth Swap Rd. 9 GALLERY  (Read 4657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

imafundork
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009 03:36:58 PM »

Everytime i see neat knitted stuff makes me wish I could figure it out, but two sticks is a but much for my brain to process. LOL So I think i'll just stick to crochet.

It's so funny that you say that, froggmomma, because I have tried so many times to teach myself to crochet and I can't do it!  Knitting is so easy in my mind, but I just can't master crochet.

I'm the same way!  Knitting- no problem, crochet-just don't get it!  But a friend's mom has promised to teach me this week. Hopefully, having someone guide me will help. Smiley

I love that double leaf dishcloth and would love to know what pattern it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Wistful Thinking
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2009 04:23:30 PM »

I'm glad you got your package safely!  I thought about sending you the patterns too, but wasn't sure if you would want them, and then I found myself stuffing that package pretty firmly in the end  Roll Eyes.  That's funny about the ladybug, because I actually started making a dragonfly one from the leftover green yarn, and ran out just as I had 6 rows to go, so I sent the ladybug one instead, since I had made that recently too, as practice. 

I love that twin leaves pattern too, and think it would be pretty as a scarf.  I think I twisted the yarn funny in the way I did it because in the original there was a lacier/eyelet effect that I just didn't get with mine.  Also, I added to the border and the beginning and end rows to get a slightly bigger cloth.

Here is the pattern - she's got lots of really nice patterns for scarves, hats, etc on her blog, but she uses some non-standard pattern writing.  Luckily she does try to explain it well:

http://smariek.blogspot.com/2006/11/twin-leaf-lace-cloth.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
froggmomma
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009 04:01:51 AM »

Everytime i see neat knitted stuff makes me wish I could figure it out, but two sticks is a but much for my brain to process. LOL So I think i'll just stick to crochet.

It's so funny that you say that, froggmomma, because I have tried so many times to teach myself to crochet and I can't do it!  Knitting is so easy in my mind, but I just can't master crochet.

I'm the same way!  Knitting- no problem, crochet-just don't get it!  But a friend's mom has promised to teach me this week. Hopefully, having someone guide me will help. Smiley

I love that double leaf dishcloth and would love to know what pattern it is!

I wish I had someone to sit down and teach me how to knit. I've tried out of a book I got in a swap but... It ended badly.

Onyxnox- Those star pot holders are awesome. That is a really neat pattern. I love all those knitted ones with the pictures " built in" .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He asked, and I said yes.
I'm looking for Home Interiors resin butterflies, and License plates from other states. PM me for swap info. I love to swap.
stitch81
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009 06:55:49 AM »

Froggmomma-  I used the youtube video tutorials.  It really helped me, that's how I learned to knit.  I can't learn from books either, I need the videos to really get it. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KCMonkey
Silly Monkey

Except that one. . .and Mickey Dolenz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009 11:07:24 AM »

I love the lady bug!  So cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently:
Missing my awesome evil minions and wishing they were here
Going Christmas craft crazy
In love with the miracle of modern medicine
Needing to brush my shedding dogs

My Gigantic Wist
guineapigluv
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009 12:20:56 PM »

Everything looks gorgeous!!
I can crochet but only very basic stuff...I started because I have a pinky issue (you can laugh) that knitting used to make flare up really bad. I have had surgery twice and it always seems better right after surgery but it is bad again so I may have to get better at crochet!
I received my LOVELY package from froggmamma but unfortunately my camera is dead. I just started charging the battery so I should have the pictures posted by tomorrow.
She made me lovely things Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sherrie B, UT
Show me your Creativity!What's you Passion?

I love living in Utah!

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009 09:56:17 PM »

RECEIVED AN AWESOME PACKAGE
Thank you Ms. Mel

Blue varigated & White-both knit & a little scrubbie & skein of cotton to try those two delicious patterns sent out to me
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/SherrieB
Crafty Detective Rd. 7  sendouts Apr. 14, 2011) 
Sherrie B, UT

I love living in Utah!

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009 10:02:09 PM »

Froggmomma-  I used the youtube video tutorials.  It really helped me, that's how I learned to knit.  I can't learn from books either, I need the videos to really get it. Good luck!

you do FANTASTIC WORK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." by Scott Adams
~
Sherrie B, UT

I love living in Utah!

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009 10:14:52 PM »

I am going to Utube & reviewing those videos again--my knitting doesn't look like knitting pics in the patterns & mags, but a big tangled MESS & I frogg it & grab a hook!
It's on one stitch! front is knit back is purl--Drop a stitch & K2T....
THAT is why I like these exchanges--I can practice, then get frustrated & mail out crochet   LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~
stitch81
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009 06:43:20 AM »

Glad you like them Sherrie!  I really love the chinese wave pattern.  The result is a thicker cloth with a "bumpy" side and a "smooth" side.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Zoom Blur - Motion 3
How to Control Your Inset - Houdini
3D Shadows - Final Cut Pro New Features
How to Burn Blu-Rays With FCP 7
how to Install Photoshop CS2 with Wine
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...