A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheted wrist warmers with hand sewn pearl detail ***UPDATED, PATTERN ADDED***  (Read 11447 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , wrist_warmer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MiLady
« on: September 03, 2009 08:33:43 AM »

These were crocheted from this pattern: http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot.com/2008/04/crochet-easy-fingerless-mitts-pattern.html

and this is my version

These were also made for a swap and uluru was the recepient! I hand sewed pearl effect beads along the first two rows of DCs. The wool i used was a double knit wool with a gold strand of thread running through it, I can't remember the brand!

MiLady's pattern version: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=319761.msg3690654#msg3690654
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013 07:13:51 PM by pinkleo - Reason: add link to tutorial page » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009 08:40:08 AM »

How pretty. Those look awsome and who wouldn't love to get them. Your swap partner is very lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
littlebluegirl
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009 12:54:56 PM »

Ah, my lovely swap partner!  Well, you already know I wisted these.  The black version looks a bit goth, which is cool, if you like that sort of thing.  Yours look all demure and ladylike.  Which I'm not either heheh.  Anyway.  <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MiLady
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009 10:07:22 AM »

Right, I completely and unintentionally lied about the pattern I used. I absolutely and definitely looked at the pattern I linked to, but I obviously butchered it completely and did my own thing because I just tried to recreate them again, so I've had to completely redo the pattern but this time I've written it down.

If anyone is interested please let me know and I will post it. The major differences are that my triple dc groups are checkered where as the pattern shows them all up the same column, the way the thumb hole is formed, the length of the wrist warmers and the decorative row at the top.  Cheesy

So completely by mistake I've just made up my first pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is the key to success, success is not the key to happiness. If you love what you're doing you will be happy.
fourclover
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009 02:12:51 PM »

You should post your version! I like yours a bit better than the other pattern and of course the pearls are a perfect touch. I've been looking for a crochet fingerless glove pattern (I kept finding knit patterns) so either yours or the other may be a project for me soon ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Captain Hook would have been a great crocheter, no?

http://everydayjournalist.com

Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6441955
MiLady
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009 02:15:47 AM »

When i get home tonight i will post up my pattern. :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

talvitonttu
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009 02:50:50 AM »

They are adorable. Pearls are really nice touch. Thank you for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009 03:03:36 AM »

I was looking at the pattern for these exact hand warmers just last night. I like your version better, especially with the pearls. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MiLady
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009 11:00:58 AM »

Right here goes...my first pattern! Let me know if you are confused or if I've done a pants job and please post pictures when you make your versions.

Terminology: I do use mainly british termnology however, when I refer to dc I mean the english treble (I know this is confusing but I learnt using american patterns) and sc is the english double crochet

Materials: 4.5mm Hook, a needle (for darning ends), a pair of scissors and approx 50g double knit wool

Foundation chain: 26 and sl st to join forming a ring ensuring it doesnt twist

NOTE Make sure that your ring is loose enough to fit over your hand, you may need to make your chain a little looser than you would normally, this doesn't matter because you won't notice it later. If it is too small add a multiple of 3 ch's, and if it's too big reduce by 3 ch's.

Round 1) ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc in same stitch. *ch 1, sk 2ch, 3 dc in next ch*, rep from * around, ch 1 and sl st to join. (This should create 9 3 dc groups in the round).

Round 2) Sl st to ch1 space, ch 3 (counts as first dc), 2 dc in same space, *ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 1 space* rep from * around, ch 1, sl st to join.

Rounds 3 11) Repeat round 2 or for as many rounds as you want, this will determine the length of your wrist warmer from under your thumb.

Making the thumb hole work in rows!!!
Row 12) Sl st to ch 1 space, ch 3, 2 dc in same space  *ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 1 space* rep from * until 8 x 3 dc groups are formed, turn your work

Row 13) Ch 4, *3 dc in ch 1 space, ch 1 * rep from * around, dc in last dc of previous row. Ch 5, sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch 4

Working the top work in rounds!!!
Round 14) Sl st to ch 1 space, ch 3, 2 dc in same space, *ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 1 space* rep from * until you reach ch 5 space, ch 1, 3 dc in 3rd ch, ch 1, sl st to join.

Round 15) Repeat row 2

Round 16)  Ch 1 sc in ch 1 space, * 4 dc in middle dc of 3 dc group of last round, sc in ch 1 space* rep from * around, sl st to last sc, fasten off and darn ends.

Step 17) Make a matching wrist warmer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009 12:10:39 PM »

LOVE them! I'm going to have to have a go at these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Curly and Wavy Hair
How to Create Formal Updo Hairstyles
How to Do Long Layer Hairstyles
How to Foil Hair
Hair Stylist Career Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...