A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days of Christmas 2009 (CLOSED. Partners Posted; PMs coming tonight)  (Read 39657 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #670 on: December 01, 2009 07:37:44 AM »

Wow, its already Dec. 1st?!  Eeep!  I'm so surprized at how fast the time is flying.  Pretty soon we will be opening our day 12 gifts!  I cant wait for the gallery!   Everyones lovely gifts, how exciting!;D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #671 on: December 01, 2009 10:42:57 AM »

if i can get all the stuff into my 18x18x16 box, its gonna be (at most) 27 through UPS

unfortunately, i might have to mail a couple things Priority through the USPS, cos it doesnt look like i am gonna get it all to fit Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #672 on: December 01, 2009 11:31:44 AM »

WHEW!!!  Photos, Wrapping, and Packing is done for Days 12-7 & 2.  YAY!!!!  Amazingly I got all of it to fit into a large flat rate (WARNING JENNIE: Your package may explode when you open it!).  The wrapping may not be my finest, but it was a small sacrifice so that I could squeeze as much as I could into one box. Wink  Now, I just have to go to the post. (....I think I'll take a mini break.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cursive_queen
« Reply #673 on: December 01, 2009 12:32:20 PM »

OH NO!!  My whole set for day 7 (it was multiples of the same thing) just fell apart.  I"m going to see if I can make new ones... but I'm not sure I can
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #674 on: December 01, 2009 01:28:23 PM »

I just sent off my first package. It definitely did not fit into a flat rate box.  That's okay. It's all of Days 12-7, plus a few others thrown in. I should get the other box out at the end of the week. If not, it will for sure be out on time.  Hope you like everything and that all goes well with your baby 1boy1girl1kitty2.  If you need me to post pictures or if you want to open early or late that's cool with me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
OhThat
« Reply #675 on: December 01, 2009 01:49:29 PM »

This has been so fun to do!  I'm really nervous about my partner liking everything though....

Me too!!!  But it's already gone and I've realized that I forgot some stuff, so I'm going to send another small package with the things I forgot.  She would never have KNOWN I forgot them, but I would have-lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OhThat
« Reply #676 on: December 01, 2009 01:52:11 PM »

While I am not using a flat rate- we will see if that was a big mistake tomorrow, I was able to fit Days 12-4 in one enormous box.  It is the best packing job I have ever done in my whole life.

I used to pack airplanes for a living so I LOVE making things fit, I get a weird thrill from it-lol!  I had to use a gigantic box and send UPS, sometimes the USPS flat rate thing is a GOOD thing (esp if you're sending overseas) but UPS was a whole lot cheaper this time.  Plus the UPS guy probably loves me, I may have paid his entire salary this year between craftster and amazon Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FabricFun

Used to be FunThreads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #677 on: December 01, 2009 02:05:33 PM »

Two of my boxes got out today. One will go out tomorrow with the fragile items.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

buckeyebeadgirl

Luckiest girl in the world :)

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: December 01, 2009 04:02:25 PM »

Sent days 12-7 today!  USPS just gouged me for $32!  Ouch!  With the sizes of my packages, it would have taken lots of flat rate boxes, so it probably worked out best to send it in the one big box that I did...luckily my later days are lighter and more uniform shaped! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HOLY CRAP!  My DNA bracelet was selected for Best of Craftster 2008!!  And it took me 21 days to figure it out!
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #679 on: December 01, 2009 04:17:27 PM »

YAY I just sent my Days 12 - 7.  Shipping wasn't too bad either ($17).  I was expecting something atroceous because my Day 10 is a little heavy (I think I went a little overboard on that day...  oh well, I'm pretty sure my partner will love it).  Got everything to fit in a square box.  As far as my next 6 days, I am not sure how I'm sending.  Some things are large but very light weight.  Flat rate box wouldn't be worth it.  Come to think of it, I'll probably be sending days 3 through 1 in one box, and 6 through 4 in another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Sun-Kissed Look!
How to Get Fierce Lion Makeup for Halloween
Try Neon and Nude Makeup For Summer
How to Style Pumpkin Nails for Halloween
Get the Perfect Pedicure at Home
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...