A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,489
Currently Running With Scissors:
540 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need help with planning a Halloween Wedding!!  (Read 3270 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2009 05:51:02 AM »

So my friend texted me last night telling me her and her boyfriend are getting married, on Halloween.
She asked me to be her M.O.H, and to help her get things together.  Since we havent gotten together yet I really have no idea what she has in mind for her Halloween Wedding.  But I would like some help, and ideas from you guys here.  I would really appreciate any ideas you have, no matter how little...... she may turn out to love them!  THANK YOU
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009 07:21:14 AM »

I'm going to a superhero wedding in a couple days where every guest is required to wear a costume (the bride and groom are Batman and Catwoman).  I don't know how wild your friend is, but I think that'd be a great requirement for a Halloween wedding.  I always require that for my Halloween parties and I still get the obligatory guest who cops out with an orange sweatshirt and some bobble headband.  But for a wedding with the requirement in the invitation I think everybody would participate.  For favors you could give out carameled apples or popcorn balls (the latter is really cheap and easy to make).  You could carve a bunch of pumpkins to spell out their last name and display them at the reception.  And if they want to get really silly I'm sure they could rent a hearse to drive away in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009 04:15:36 PM »

congrats to your friend. Now for ideas. Well I'm helping with someone's anniversary on Halloween and already we've come up with some good crafty projects.
First off records being plates. You just heat up records giving them the ruffled edges. Then you line them with aluminum foil. I thank Leah for that idea.
Maybe your friend could dress up has a zombie bride. I don't know if she's really into that kind of thing but she is having a wedding on Halloween.
Also I think that everyone should dress up. What's the fun of having a wedding on Halloween if you don't dress up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
CallZebra
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2009 04:10:56 PM »

As an entertainment company, we book Halloween weddings almost every year.  And, 2 of our entertainers planned theirs for then too!

Here's what they chose:
One had a Nightmare Before Christmas theme, so they had lots of costumes to choose from for their bridal party.  (Groom wore Jack Skellington tux and tie, the Bride was dressed as Sally the rag doll.) They asked all the guests to come in any type of costume, and they drove everyone from the parking area to the site in a hay wagon.  It was fun!

Another one is having a Masquerade Ball wedding this October, asking everyone to come in costume as well.  I think it's a classy way to have a Halloween Wedding, and also give guests lots of choices as well, even just a mask.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2009 05:07:15 PM by rackycoo - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Marmish

Quincy the Pug

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009 07:48:42 PM »

I just saw a bride and groom with Day of the Dead costumes including really cool decorated masks.  I can't remember if it was around here or not.  I think not.  Hmm. Must find.

edit:  FOUND IT
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009 08:12:24 PM by Marmish » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009 11:20:57 AM »

Ooh. Delightful. I would entirely have a Halloween wedding.

I guess the first things to think of are the 'theme' and the 'scheme'... and by that I mean

THEME:
- Classy? Classic? Cute? Vintage? Gory? (Edward) Gorey? Wink
- Do they have a favourite creepy creature? (eg. Nightmare Before Christmas; or if they love vamps or zombies , they could theme it around one of those in decor and maybe costumes too -  a "Til (Past) Death Do We Part" sort of idea)

SCHEME:
The colours. Probably would go with your general theme - eg. if they want Classy, maybe Black & Silver & Purple (or something like that); Classic would inevitably be Black & Orange (don't forget pumpkins!); Gory would look nice in Black & Red, GorEy would do well in Black & White. Hm... I think Black is a key colour here!

Hope that got your brain pumping a bit. Otherwise, there are a few threads about Halloween weddings in the wedding board (I did an advanced search for "Halloween" in the title, and specified the Wedding board!)... most are planning, but this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=131551.0 sticks out as a completed one (though some pics are busted); and this one: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=303930.0 has some of the more detailed suggestions! (And there are more if you search Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laylanelle
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009 04:48:47 PM »

Once upon a time, I was engaged. Me and my Prince Charming were planning a late October wedding. We weren't really interested in the Halloween aspect as the fall colors and pumpkins and such. Here's two ideas we had involving lighting:
For each table, we were going to have those baby pumpkins, cut off the top and put small tealights in them. Halloween effect: Maybe the guests could carve or draw Jack o Lanterns as favors?!

You can get small LED lights that look like tealights at Walmart. They aren't very expensive, and they look like they flicker like real candles. Get some white (or black or orange) paper bags and line the walkway with them! No risk of fire and a cool, eerie effect!!

Let us know how it all works out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Even when you think you have no control, you can always change your hair, your job, and your man"- My mom
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009 06:15:05 AM »

OK, so they have decided no costumes, but are still thinking about half mask for the bridal party, and the guest.  The colors she has chosen are Black, Orange, and Purple.  I'm not exactly sure of the shade of purplr, but knowing her I thik it will be a deep purple.  I really like idea of the little pumpkins with cut tops, and the faux votives in them. 
And I will be sure to post updates, and hopefully pictures later on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
Novismom
Just Don't Call Me Ma'am

Good girls are bad girls who haven't been caught!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009 10:01:32 PM »

My baby bro, my 10 year junior is FINALLY getting married at the tender age of 24. (YEAH!)

They opted for October 2010. One thing that I think he did correctly, off the bat, was choose a theme. They want to celebrate the roaring 20's. I think a general Halloween theme can be tricky and you may not enjoy the pictures 15 years down the road.
For him, I am already thinking of wedding games involving playing cards, prohibition kegs for a seating area, lots of pearls and feather and oversized flowers for the ladies, and pinstripes for the men.

For flowers, I am hoping he'll choose rusts and chocolates. I can help him use the colors nature provides and create a gorgeous atmosphere.  My girlfriend married a few years back at the beginning of October and her cake had a soft orange frosting and they bakery used leaves and acorns around the base to add color. They also used a dark brown ribbon around the top tier. On the chairs, chocolate colored tulle and ribbons were used to wrap the backs and orange and red flowers were added to keep it lively.

The dinner, should brother actually want my advice, would include fall favorites such as pumpkin bisque, bird of his choice with harvest vegetables, and crme brulee. For music, I would suggest the waltzes from the medieval traditions. Something soft and Gothic, but not overtly sad. Romantic.

The only thing I would say from having been to three Hallow's Eve weddings is to add a bright fall foliage color for every dark color. Otherwise, the hall will look like a funeral home. Lots of votives, velvet, dark feathers, and satin or silk swatches would really enhance a Hallowedding.

OooohI am so excited for you! You have a unique opportunity to recycle nature's bounty in the peak of the harvest season.

I can't wait to see the final touches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."
xoelle
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2009 05:54:23 PM »

makes me want to get married again- it could be really elegant with a victorian gothic theme- please update us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Perfect Cat Eye
4 Secrets to Long Lasting Lipstick
How to Wash Your Face Like a Pro
Keira Knightley Makeup Tutorial
Emma Watson Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...