A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,505
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A week in the life of... Photo swap round 3 (CLOSED) - send by Oct 16  (Read 20989 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schnerby
« on: September 01, 2009 09:12:30 PM »

Swap name: A week in the life of... Photo swap round 3
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Schnerby
Co-organiser: mljohnston
Sign-up date range: 2 - 16 September 2009
Date to send item by: 16 October 2009

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

Age requirement? Just the 13+ Craftster requirement

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO,I'm not
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES, if available.

Details of swap:
(plagiarised heavily in parts from the blurb from the previous rounds)

Please note: I'm not some hardcore control freak, so please excuse the demanding tone in this description!  Grin

Take 36 photographs over the period of a week. That is an average of 5 shots per day. Both film and digital are ok - as long as you get digital ones printed. The pictures should represent your life that week, whether it is extremely interesting or quite dull. Feel free to be artistic, touristy or to take family snapshots - it's your choice. You will need to make 2 copies of the prints to send to 2 partners (plus an extra if you want to keep them or possibly angel). Please take the pictures yourself (or have someone else take them if you're in them etc) rather than printing other people's images or using postcards. It is a photography swap!

Here are your options for swapping the pictures.
1.Send just the pictures with captions on the back (or numbered pictures with captions on slips of paper so they can be put in an album)
2.Send the pictures in a thin album with captions
3.Scrapbook your pictures. If you choose this option keep in mind that I might have to ask you to re-select if you are the only one.

You will be paired people who have chosen the same option.  

For example, I live in China and am therefore an international send to pretty much everyone. Also, I have to take all my stuff home to Australia when I go back early next year to do some study. Therefore, it's not practical for me to receive albums.

Please think seriously about making yourself available for international swapping. In this case just the photos can be sent out, so it wouldn't necessarily be that pricy. It would also be interesting to share your life with someone from a different culture and place, so ideally I would partner you with people from different countries. If you absolutely cannot send an international letter with 36 pictures in it I do understand, but I may have to put you in limbo acceptance to see if I can pair you. International sending will get priority!

You are free to share whatever elements of your life you feel comfortable with, but please adhere to Craftster guidelines about nudity/drugs/questionable things.

Also, since someone is choosing to share their life with you, it might not be appropriate to post the pictures in a gallery. Your partner may send pictures of themselves, their home or their family and may not want the world to see this. Therefore, please PM both me and your partner when you receive and the SENDER will post some pictures in the gallery. I will set up a gallery, encourage everyone to reserve a spot for their pictures and once your partners have received you can post some of your images. Also, if you want to share your pictures using an online album like flickr or photobucket I'm sure we would all like to see. If you really don't want to post any of your pictures on here that is ok, just please let me know.

Chatty swaps are happy swaps, so please make some contact with your partners and try to check in to the swap thread. Please PM me at the beginning and end of your photo weeks so I know you are on top of it. Also, please PM me when you send and receive. This communication is important.

I'm not going to enforce any posting once per week rule, but posting is appreciated. It is great to share in the process and helps things run smoothly.

IMPORTANT
Your partners have chosen to share their images with you, but remember that you keep the intellectual property rights for your own images. If you want to use the pictures sent to you for anything else you must get permission from the sender.  

OK, serious stuff over. Let the fun begin!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address INCLUDING COUNTRY EVEN IF IT IS USA
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)

Which option would you like (1, 2 or 3) for sending pictures/album/scrapbook?
Do you agree to reserve a spot in the gallery when requested (even if you don't want to use it)?
Do you agree to treat the photographs with confidentiality if this is requested of you by your partner?
Do you understand that you maintain intellectual property rights over your own images, and if you want to use your partners images for any other project you must obtain their permission?
Do you agree to PM schnerby at the beginning and end of your photo taking week?
If I need a co-organiser would you like to be involved?
You pretty much have free reign photographing your week, but is there anything you would absolutely object to receiving? Remember, Craftster rules prevent anything too questionable.
Is there anything else you would like your partners to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1. schnerby (China)
2. mljohnston (USA)
3. piinkfeline (Germany)
4. Beki710 (UK)
5. Crafty_one (Australia)
6. Spunkybubbles (USA)
7. Edwards1 (USA)
8. Lilliepop (UK)
9. CervenaRose (USA)
10. chrispykreme (USA)
11. JadedJenn (USA)
12. Sandorfalot (Canada)
13. HarleyQuinn (USA)
14. ironic (USA)
15. edenkitty (USA)
16. cardboardrox246 (USA)
17. raesmom (USA)
18. Jillville (Germany)
19. Funkyskull77 (USA)
20. MeganMayhem (USA/Italy)
21. Nven (Canada)
22. Natasha38 (USA)
23. Mrs.LindsayLoo (USA)
24. Macnatalie (Canada)
25. CuriousCoffee (USA)
26. Jeniferpi (USA)
27. KiwiDragons (USA)
28. crafty minded (USA)
29. myklia (USA)
30. lvl0rg4n (USA)
31. PaleAngelLex (USA)
32. bente (Germany)
33. Hockamama (USA)
34. Avabrowneyes (South Korea)
35. amc- (Canada)
36. Monkeystuffer (USA)
37. Godfreja (USA)
38. Lunamione (Australia)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009 02:31:02 AM by schnerby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
schnerby
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009 09:13:50 PM »

Gallery Link: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321306.0
Please head on over and reserve yourself a spot

Sent
Received
Pics in gallery
All done! feedback given
Late with communication
Contact me please!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present - partners!

Beki710 > Edwards1, craft minded
ChrispyKreme > Jeniferpi, Raesmom
Craft minded > Beki710, godfreja
Edwards1 > Beki710, HarleyQuinn
FunkySkull77 > Jillville,  godfreja
HarleyQuinn > schnerby, Edwards1
Jeniferpi > Natasha38, ChrispyKreme
Jillville >  Lunamione, Funkyskull77
Lilliepop > Raesmom, Natasha38 - angel package on its way
lvl0rg4n - flaked > Monkeystuffer, amc-
Natasha38 - flaked > Jeniferpi, LilliePop
Piinkfeline> Schnerby, Spunkybubbles
Raesmom > ChrispyKreme, LilliePop
Schnerby > Piinkfeline, HarleyQuinn
Spunkybubbles > Piinkfeline, Monkeystuffer
Monkeystuffer> Spunkybubbles, lvl0rg4n amc-
amc- >  Lunamione, lvl0rg4n monkeystuffer
godfreja > craft minded, FunkySkull77
Lunamione > Jillville, amc- angel needed

MLJOHNSTON'S GROUP
I am doing this list from what I can glean from the thread/mljohnston's list. Please let me know if you see any mistakes

Avabrowneyes > MeganMayhem, Macnatalie - angel needed
bente > CervenaRose, mljohnston  - angel needed
Cardboardrox246 >Hockamama, JadedJenn
CervenaRose > bente, MeganMayhem angel needed
Crafty_one > KiwiDragons, Nven
CuriousCoffee > Edenkitty, JadedJenn
Edenkitty > ironic, CuriousCoffee
Hockamama > KiwiDragons, Cardboardrox246
ironic > Edenkitty, Macnatalie
JadedJenn > CuriousCoffee, Cardboardrox246
KiwiDragons > Hockamama, crafty_one
Macnatalie > Avabrowneyes, Ironic
MeganMayhem > CervenaRose, Avabrowneyes flaked
mljohnston > bente, Sandorfalot flaked
Mrs.LindsayLoo > PaleAngelLex, Sandorfalot - angel needed
Myklia > PaleAngelLex, Nven
Nven > Myklia, Crafty_one
PaleAngelLex > Mrs.LindsayLoo, Myklia
Sandorfalot  > Mrs.LindsayLoo, mljohnston[/s] flaked
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009 06:01:14 AM by schnerby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mljohnston
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009 09:49:29 PM »

Okie dokie, let's roll. I figure it's the 17th somewhere, and nearly the 17th here, so. And since I'm going to bed soon and I'm not sure how my tomorrow will be, I'm posting partners in my group RIGHT NOW.
I'll be sending you all the important information within the next hour or so. I'm new at this, so if I miss something or you don't get a PM from me by tomorrow evening (whatever your timezone is) let me know, and I'll get right on it. Also, please tell me when you've finished taking photos and when you send out your package, so I can update statuses.

Also, if I don't make sense or you see something wrong, it's because I'm tired. And if you're confused about something or have an issue, PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

PARTNERS
remember, you have two. that means you're sending to two people, and receiving from two people.

Avabrowneyes > MeganMayhem, Macnatalie
bente > CervenaRose, mljohnston
Cardboardrox246 >Hockamama, JadedJenn
CervenaRose > bente, MeganMayhem
Crafty_one > KiwiDragons, Nven
CuriousCoffee > Edenkitty, JadedJenn
Edenkitty > ironic, CuriousCoffee
Hockamama > KiwiDragons, Cardboardrox246
ironic > Edenkitty, Macnatalie
JadedJenn > CuriousCoffee, Cardboardrox246
KiwiDragons > Hockamama, crafty_one
Macnatalie > Avabrowneyes, Ironic
MeganMayhem - please contact me! Negative feedback given > CervenaRose, Avabrowneyes
mljohnston > bente, Sandorfalot
Mrs.LindsayLoo > PaleAngelLex, Sandorfalot
Myklia > PaleAngelLex, Nven
Nven > Myklia, Crafty_one
PaleAngelLex > Mrs.LindsayLoo, Myklia
Sandorfalot - flaked > Mrs.LindsayLoo, mljohnston

UPDATED ON 01 NOVEMBER, according to what I've received in PM's.
If you see a MISTAKE, shoot me a message ASAP

I'm jacking schnerby's color system... pink is my own edit, though.
Sent
Received
In Gallery
Feedback Given - all done!
Late with communication
Contact me ASAP!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009 12:48:41 PM by mljohnston » THIS ROCKS   Logged

had a bit of a personal crisis and disappeared. plans on fixing in progress...

Chomping at the bit to get this negative feedback cleared so I can swap again!
schnerby
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009 09:59:53 PM »

We're off to a start.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative Dragonfly

"Now I don't want a flea's breath of doubt."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009 10:36:02 PM »

I was wanting to put my photos in a little book and send it that way, which option would I choose? I'm unsure if it's number 2 or number 3. I wasn't planning on a full blown scrapbook.

Also how will the feedback work for this swap? Do my partners have to receive my photos before I get feedback?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009 10:58:51 PM by Creative Dragonfly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back and would love to make some new crafting friends!
schnerby
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009 11:15:06 PM »

I was wanting to put my photos in a little book and send it that way, which option would I choose? I'm unsure if it's number 2 or number 3. I wasn't planning on a full blown scrapbook.

Also how will the feedback work for this swap? Do my partners have to receive my photos before I get feedback?

A little book would count as an album. If you handmake the book I would count that as scrapbooking.

Your both you and your partners should receive before you get feedback. Just the standard procedure.

Hope that helps. Any more questions, just fire away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creative Dragonfly

"Now I don't want a flea's breath of doubt."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009 12:56:26 AM »

Thanks a bunches!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back and would love to make some new crafting friends!
gavagai
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009 02:25:54 AM »

I was thinking, could I make an album about a week in the life of Mika, Mika being my 1 1/2 years old (see profile picture to the left)? It would be kind of fun having a partner that is also of somewhat the same age then, and we could see how a kid of that age lead their life in Sweden (where we are) and in the U.S. (or wherever my partner would be from). Just a thought, but I don't know if there are any more mothers/fathers here and if it would be o.k. to match us up like that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Aquila
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009 02:41:35 AM »

yaaaay I just send in my questionnaire. This is such a great idea! Why haven't I seen the earlier swaps?? Maybe I was too occupied with studying for my exams...

@gavagai hihi I just spend 15 minutes thinking about the "what would you not like to recieve" question and that was exactly what I not wanted. A week in a life of a toddler.... however I came to the conclusion that if this is what a week in your life is about and what is important to you, its just fine Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gavagai
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009 03:24:43 AM »

yaaaay I just send in my questionnaire. This is such a great idea! Why haven't I seen the earlier swaps?? Maybe I was too occupied with studying for my exams...

@gavagai hihi I just spend 15 minutes thinking about the "what would you not like to recieve" question and that was exactly what I not wanted. A week in a life of a toddler.... however I came to the conclusion that if this is what a week in your life is about and what is important to you, its just fine Smiley

I guess that is one of the reasons that I came up with my suggestion. Mika leads a wonderfully exciting life (climbing mountains (hills), fighting (toy) leopards, meeting giant people...), but you might have to be another toddler (or toddler's parent) to fully appreciate it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Vintage Beehive Hair Style
Attention Blondes: Get the New Ombre Hair That Everyone Wants
How to Get a Braided Crown with Your Hair
Tips for Managing Gray Hairs
Tips for Taking Care of Your Hair This Winter
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...