A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: amaaazing homemade pizza  (Read 1110 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shastaw2006
« on: September 01, 2009 08:36:44 PM »

My dinner.  Cheesy

I used this recipe for the dough, using mixer, but I bet you could do it by hand as well. http://www.recipezaar.com/Soft-Italian-Bread-Sticks-Abm-104628

Dough

* 1 cup warm water (70 to 80)
    * 3 tablespoons soft butter
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    * 3 cups bread flour (All purpose works well also)
    * 2 tablespoons sugar
    * 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
    * 1 teaspoon garlic powder
    * 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (about 1 packet)

Directions
 Pour the warm water into your mixing bowl. Add the sugar, and let dissolve. Add the yeast and let sit for a few minutes, until dissolved. (This is 'blooming' your yeast, to make sure it's good.) Then add the salt and seasonings, if you decide to use real, minced garlic, then it would be extra good. Add in the butter and mix best you can. Dump in a bit of the flour (about half) and mix in stand mixer with dough hook. Continue to add the flour until the dough is ready. (If you need help on this, find a recipe that makes bread dough with a mixer. You want the dough to take just enough flour until it's not sticky anymore.) When the dough is ready, pull it off the hook and leave it in the bowl with a towel covering it for about 30 mins. (You can let it sit longer if you need to)

This made three pizza balls. I stretched it out- I've found the easiest way to do this is to start to pull it apart, then once it's about as big as your open hand, hold it by the edges and rotate, letting it stretch to the floor until it is as big and as thin as you'd like.

Spread a bit of olive oil on a foil covered cookie sheet, and lay out your dough. Brush the edges of the dough with some olive oil, then add your toppings!

On mine, I used Hunts Garlic and Onion spaghetti sauce, reduced down a little bit. If I had planned it out, I would have made some sauce from scratch, but this was very good.

Next I put on some basil leaves, then covered with mozzarella cheese.

Then my actual toppings were:
  • olives
  • mushrooms
  • sundried tomatoes (I won't use these again, they were kinda weird. But I tried it, and expanded my taste bud horizons)
  • italian sausage

It was really good.

*note* I am not a professional baker. I don't really know what I'm talking about with bread. But this is how it works for me. If I explained the yeast or the dough making wrong, please let the rest of us know! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009 02:26:55 PM »

Looks delicious! 

I was thinking about finding a homemade pizza dough recipe - so thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
godfreja
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009 04:29:52 PM »

Looks really good.

A while ago I tried making homemade pizza using a pizza stone. The transfer from the peel to the stone didn't go so well. I still need to finish cleaning the stone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pilarfarmer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009 12:53:12 PM »

i had a hard time transferring my pizza from the board to the stone too, so the next time i made the pizza on parchment paper and just slid the whole thing onto the stone and baked it on the parchment, on the stone. it kept my stone clean and was easy to move off after it was cooked too.
my pizza dough recipe:
1 envelope yeast
1 c warm (110*) water
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 1/4-2 1/2 flour
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
put yeast and sugar in water and mix til dissolved and let bloom for 10 mins. combine flour, salt and add yeast mixture stir until forms stiff dough put on floured surface and knead for 5 mins til dough it smooth and elastic adding flour as needed. put into greased bowl coating entire dough ball with oil, cover with towel and let rise. when it has doubled in size, punch down dough and cut it in half and form into pizza shape, add toppings and bake @ 425* for 20 mins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball."
Kingman Brewster, Jr., educator

"Where there is fear, there is no creativity"
Christopher Lowell

would love to do small personal swaps
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stephanie’s Makeover with Shantal Dupon - Part 1/2
Stephanie’s Makeover with Shantal Dupon – Part 2/2
Salon Owner and Stylist Tips with Fabio Sementilli
ScissorBoy Bonus Video with Mark Hayes
Basics of Diagonal Cutting
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...