A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
398 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 50  (Read 18897 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TwiztidBlood
« on: September 01, 2009 08:30:54 PM »

PLEASE READ WHOLE POST BEFORE JOINING SWAP

Organizers: TwiztidBlood and sunspotted

*IMPORTANT PM INFO*: When sending PMs, please label them as OWS 50 with one of the following tags:
Approval
Package sent
Package received
Question

So when sending the questionnaire, the subject will read OWS 50 Approval. When notifying us about sending and receiving packages, add the corresponding tag. If you just have a general question, label it as that. This will keep things organized for us!
When sending a sent/received PM, please include the 'Send by' date so my craziness will stay at a minimum.

Qualifications to Join

To join this round you must be cleared in all Ongoing Wish list Swaps through Round 47
(except for international delivery).  You also cannot join this swap if you are currently late in Round 48 or 49.
Do not join this swap if you are late in other swaps.  Please make those swaps your priority.

There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know

Swap Info

Swap name: Ongoing Wish list Swap 50
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TwiztidBlood
Craftster members who will take over swap if organizer leaves: sunspotted
Sign-up date range: 09/01 - 09/30 2009
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after wish is granted
Limited to a certain number of people?: NO
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes
All ages allowed.  If you are under 18 (or over 18 1/365th) be sure that:
A)   you have your parents permission (youll be using their address OR a P.O. Box)
B)   you have access to a computer where you can keep in contact (i.e. if you get grounded from a home computer, you can use the one at the library/friends/etc.)
C)   you are able to walk/get a ride to the post office ON TIME
D)   you have enough supplies or funds to purchase supplies needed to create awesome crafted items

Organizer Notes and Stuff

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yep
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yep
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Correct
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: Yes

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes

Organizer meets the 5 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: Yes
All swappers MUST be pre-approved for this swap!

YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE UNLESS YOU PM ME AND I ADD YOU TO THE LIST!

***PLEASE! Do not claim someone while waiting for approval!*** You may claim as soon as you get confirmation from me.

Anyone watching this thread who thinks they might be interested in participating at a later time is VERY welcome to PM me answering the swap questions now...then you can participate whenever you want.  Please have a wish list prepared BEFORE you start swapping, it makes things much easier!

If you want to participate, here is the information to send to the organizer.  Please have the title of your PM be the name of the swap.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 50
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Your mailing address:
Have you read the Swap Guidelines and understand how this swap works?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
( If not then you will not be approved )
A medium item is the following-
A craft or recon etc that takes you two hours to complete.
Or
20$ worth of Store Bought Items ( If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new )
Are you willing to post a photo of the item/s you receive or have the person who sent to you post of the photo for you?
Your List must be created in the following format
Crafts
Craft Supplies
Extras
Do you agree to follow this?
(There will no longer be items allowed that are not craft or supply related, if you have questions please let us know)
Are you a Friend of Craftster?
Have you been a Swap Angel (with proof in profile)?
Are you willing to ship outside of your country?
If you are willing to ship outside your country? (You MUST be willing to ship air postal or an equivalent which will take a maximum of 3 weeks.) Are you willing?
*New* Do you realise that 20$ of supplies, does not include shipping?

IMPORTANT: Remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=6553.0

Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

How This Swap Works:
Please READ CAREFULLY! This swap works differently than most!

Try to imagine a chain.  The first link is the first person whose wish list is on page 1 (Person A) - that will be the craftster member who was the very last wish list from Ongoing Wish Swap 49.

Now, we want to put another link in the chain.  People will read that list and see if there is something they want to/can make from the list.

Someone (Person B) will claim Person A for some item on their wish list.  They post a reply to the thread that says I claim Person A for [item].  This is my X claim (however many times they have picked someone for example, "this is my fourth wish, with one sent, and three received, (meaning that this is the fourth claim they've made, one is in transit to it's destination, and three of the items have been received by the people they previously claimed).  Also add your location, and any preferences or aversions I live in Wisconsin USA, I am a vegetarian, and I am allergic to wool.

IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU REPLY WITH YOUR STATUS WHEN YOU CLAIM SOMEONE!  This means you need to post who you are claiming and for what, how many claims you have made, including how many in transit and how many received, and your location/preferences/aversions.

Then comes the fun part!  After the introduction, Person B is the last link in the chain, and they post their wish list!!!  YOU CAN HAVE AS MANY ITEMS ON YOUR WISH LIST AS YOU WANT, HOWEVER YOU MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF SIX.  THE MORE ITEMS YOU LIST, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES OF BEING CLAIMED QUICKLY.

(Please have your list ready, this swap moves very quickly!  Please include your country at the start of your wish list). Person B will also PM Person A to get her address so they can mail the item when it is finished.  

Along comes Person C, who claims Person B for something on their list and the chain is built, link by link.  (If Person C wanted to make Person B a purse AND a stuffie, that would still count as ONE WISH.)  Then they post their list, and so on.

When you want to make a claim, you can ONLY pick from the very last wish list in the chain.  You can't pick anyone else in the chain - you can only connect to the very end of the chain, which is that last wish list posted.

After you have made your claim, you need to PM that person for their address.

Friends of Craftster are allowed 3 wishes at one time, others are allowed 2 wishes.  If this is your first swap, you are only allowed one wish until your craft is received for this month.  Do not choose over your given limit.
 If you already have one claim that will be sent out late, please don't claim again until that one is sent out.

Become a Friend of Craftster!  Go here: http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

If you are at your limit of wishes, you can choose again once one of your partners receives, NOT when you send.

***Do not claim someone unless you can fulfill that wish to a high caliber***

Let's keep the quality high here. I don't want to receive PMs with people concerned over the lack of quality of their items.  Please, just work your hardest to keep the bar high on the quality of items here!  Don't choose just for the sake of choosing; choose to make someone else a really AWESOME wish!

Now if the thread gets in a rut for a few days/hours, the person who made the last wish should add to their list if they can think of anything else, until someone decides to craft for them. Please make sure this is not you!

Unsure of where to find wish ideas?  Try the previous ongoing wish swap galleries or any other gallery on craftster.  Look through your fellow crafters wist lists.

Sending/Communicating/Feedback:
YOU HAVE TWO WEEKS TO GET YOUR ITEM OUT THE DOOR.
IF YOU DO NOT SEND A MEDIUM ITEM YOU WILL BE GETTING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
( the medium can be a couple small items etc as long as it adds up to a medium )
( A medium item equals two hours of crafting time or 20$ worth of store bought items )

Please be communicative if you are having any issues. If you communicate you still need to send your item in a timely manner.  Communication does not mean you can send as late as you want.  After one week past the deadline you will have negative feedback.  This is only temporary as it will be changed back once you fulfill your obligation for late item(s).  Do not choose to craft an item if you do not think you can meet these deadlines.

THERE WILL BE FEEDBACK FOR THIS SWAP
I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late/early: where applicable
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country
- didn't post pictures: failed to post pictures of what they received without an adequate explanation to their partner
- did not follow item amount rule

Previous Swap Rounds:
If you are confused in any way by how this works, please look at some previous rounds:

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT POSTING PHOTOS IS STILL A REQUIREMENT FOR THIS SWAP.  IF YOU CAN'T TAKE PHOTOS, PLEASE MENTION IT TO THE PERSON WHO CLAIMS YOU.

TwiztidBlood - Will be your organizer, in charge of your claims, your sends and your receives, and your approval.
sunspotted - Will be co-organizer, in charge of the discussion thread.

Round 43 and 44 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290246.0

Round 45, 46 and 47 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=299178.0

Round 48 Discussion
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=311897.0

Galleries

Round Forty-Five Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=300258.0

Round Forty-Six Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304650.0

Round Forty-Seven Gallery  
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=308488.0

Round Forty-Eight Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=312376.0

Round Forty-Nine Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=317498.0

Round Fifty Gallery
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=321062.0
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009 08:21:03 PM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009 08:31:55 PM »

Out of Claims

Approved Swappers
akredhead ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
atsuko ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 5 Received )
Banga ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
CamOovas ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
claire313 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 4 Received )
Ewulotta ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
frosty772 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
gavagai ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
goodtimegirl ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
guacaMolly ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
ilovesnails ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
JanelleJ ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
lapoli ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 3 Received )
leighi123 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
MareMare ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 3 Received )
mcook72677 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 6 Received )
mimik
Mlsocci74 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
Moonoverbrooklyn ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
nancy01602 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )
oneredboot ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 3 Received )
PepsiTwist
phoenixfiredesigns ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 3 Received )
pinkleo ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 3 Received )
redstar13 ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 1 Received )
SAHMama ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 3 Received )
sheepBlue ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 4 Received )
sorbetsurprise
sunspotted ( 0 Claims, 1 Sent, 0 Received )
TwiztidBlood
whisp3rd ( 0 Claims, 0 Sent, 2 Received )

3 Wishes
akredhead
atsuko
Banga
CamOovas
claire313
Ewulotta
frosty772
gavagai
goodtimegirl
JanelleJ
lapoli
MareMare
mcook72677
mimik
Mlsocci74
nancy01602
oneredboot
phoenixfiredesigns
pinkleo
redstar13
SAHMama
sheepBlue
sorbetsurprise
sunspotted
TwiztidBlood

2 Wishes
ilovesnails
leighi123
Moonoverbrooklyn
PepsiTwist
whisp3rd

1 Wish
guacaMolly
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 08:36:21 PM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009 08:32:28 PM »

Sent
Received
Late w/ Communication
Late w/o Communication

send by Sept 17
SAHMama - Banga for an AA style tube dress & tee shirt shrug
CamOovas - SAHMama for a wisty surprise or two

send by Sept 18
Ewulotta - CamOovas for a koi long sleeve

send by Sept 20
sheepBlue - Ewulotta for freezer paper, beads, scrapbook paper, and a wisty surprise or two
Moonoverbrooklyn - sheepBlue for foreign coins and a dogs christmas stocking
mcook72677 - Moonoverbrooklyn for fabric
SAHMama - mcook72677 for leg warmers for her daughter & burp cloths for her son
ilovesnails - SAHMama for cloth diapers

send by Sept 21
MareMare - ilovesnails for a toy bird for son, doll for daughter, and some crochet stitch markers
leighi123 - MareMare for some fun kids stuff
mcook72677 - leighi123 for minty bath products and some supplies

send by Sept 22
claire313 - mcook72677 for some tawashis and a reusable shopping bag or two
pinkleo - claire313 for a "Make Tea Not War" t-shirt & beads
guacaMolly - pinkleo for Handmade Soap, wool felt, beads, origami paper and carving blocks! And maybe an extra or two
Moonoverbrooklyn - guacaMolly for a tote bag
leighi123 - Moonoverbrooklyn for the DS case
claire313 - leighi123 for 2 zippered wristlets and a messenger bag
phoenixfiredesigns - claire313 for A Tree of Life pendant

send by Sept 23
pinkleo - phoenixfiredesigns for a fitted tee, tea, & candy
sheepBlue - pinkleo for a dotee doll or two, scrabble tiles, and maybe a few extras  
gavagai - sheepBlue for a crafted surprise
sunspotted - gavagai for a latch hook kit with cats/kittens for her aunt
MareMare - sunspotted for a crocheted white bath pouf and a bunch 'o supplies

send by Sept 24
Mlsocci74 - MareMare for a calendar and some wall art
pinkleo - Mlsocci74 for a La Push hat and twilight treat for daughter
oneredboot - pinkleo for a variety of items from her list
akredhead - oneredboot for plastic scrubbies

send by Sept 25
whisp3rd - akredhead for a panta and a flower cloche hat from her wists
MareMare - whisp3rd for handmade soaps and buttons
sheepBlue - MareMare for some fun stuff for her nephews and some wisty goodness  
goodtimegirl - sheepBlue for a "learn to crochet" kit
lapoli - goodtimegirl for some roving/spinning supplies
atsuko - lapoli for some Steampunk goodness
phoenixfiredesigns - atsuko for Drawstring bags with Christmas prints made with cotton

send by Sept 26
gavagai - phoenixfiredesigns for placemats

send by Sept 29
phoenixfiredesigns - gavagai for a surprise off her wist

send by Sept 30
claire313 - phoenixfiredesigns for a purse off her wist
atsuko - claire313 for some Funky/strange jewelry and some chain
lapoli - atsuko for a knitted skull hat

send by Oct 1
Ewulotta - lapoli for throw pillows and for a wisty surprise

send by Oct 2
JanelleJ - Ewulotta for an amigurumi nativity scene
frosty772 - JanelleJ for a bag
whisp3rd - frosty772 for fingerless mitts and some fabric from her Wists
atsuko - whisp3rd for a Tree of Life pendant and stitch markers
mcook72677 - atsuko for some japanese print fabric
oneredboot - mcook72677 for Knitted Fingerless Gloves
atsuko - oneredboot for a steampunk bee brooch, a wisty surprise, and some yarn scraps
nancy01602 - atsuko for some craft supplies

send by Oct 3
Ewulotta - nancy01602 for fabric

send by Oct 4
lapoli - Ewulotta for hand dyed roving

send by Oct 5
Banga - lapoli for a yarn wreath

send by Oct 6
frosty772 - Banga for some items off her list
Banga - frosty772 for handmade cards and scrapbooking supplies
claire313 - Banga for a plastic bag holder and a surprise or two
sheepBlue - claire313 for totoro art for her sister, jewelry, and a "jar" of whimsies
JanelleJ - sheepBlue for the Mario magnet set and a wisty surprise
oneredboot - JanelleJ for some things for Lailah

send by Oct 7
nancy01602 - oneredboot for a wisty surprise
akredhead - nancy01602 for fabric and sewing supplies
CamOovas - akredhead for mini sushi and some roving

send by Oct 8
redstar13 - CamOovas for some dollhouse items
oneredboot - redstar13 for a knitted cowl

send by Oct 11
mcook72677 - oneredboot for knitted, crocheted, or sewn lavender sachets
SAHMama - mcook72677 for a drawstring bag for blocks with a "Gibby" applique
mcook72677 - SAHMama for soap
atsuko - mcook72677 for a Green Tree of Life Pendant for mrs.dutt and some wisty goodness

send by Oct 12
mcook72677 - atsuko for handmade cp soaps
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009 08:31:14 PM by TwiztidBlood » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
TwiztidBlood
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009 08:33:26 PM »

Alrighty, heres the first list up for claims

I will claim claire313 for legwarmers, tea, and whatever else I can fit in the box Smiley
This is my 5th claim, 3 received, 1 in progress!

About Me: I'm 29 and I'm in MI, finally settled after 4 moves in less than 2 years! I'm currently living thrifty as a High School English teacher, trying to control my baby fever and my homesickness, and reading lots of books. I love chocolate, the ocean and the beach, books, live music, thrifting, vintage, shiny things, and soft things. I love tights and knee socks (jewel tones or neutrals are great, textured, ribbed, argyle, striped whatever as long as they are not fluorescent!), I collect recipe cards, old handkerchiefs, tea cups, ephemera, vintage scarves, old books, and aprons. There is a lot more info in my blog (see the link in my signature!)

Wishes:
Crafted stuff:
- A wine diary. This is a book where I can jot down the name of a wine, place and year of the vintage, some notes on taste impressions, etc and maybe a place to paste a label! http://www.amazon.com/Wine-Journal-Companion-Lovers/dp/0811865606/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1250199985&sr=8-2 Thanks Melissa!
- Cloth napkins and/or placemats. White, butter yellow, cream, chocolate, and turquoise in any combo works for me! (Thanks oneredboot, but I am certainly  open to receiving more sets!)
- A unisex baby quilt with fabric like Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Freshcut etc. No need for real designer labels, its just an idea of styles I like.
- Vintage Halloween items like a banner/garland, tea towels, napkins, table cloths and runners, shrines, etc. (check out the Vintage Halloween Swaps for ideas! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=196885.0)The lovely frosty is making me something in this category, but more is welcome!
- Scrabble tile covers for throw pillows with the letter "s", "e", and/or "j"  http://www.geekologie.com/2007/04/spell_words_with_scrabble_sofa.php
- A shawl (who knows, maybe one of you is super fast? Tongue http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147576.0)
- A necklace like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/vasiliisa/2918853535/ with a chicken, goldfish, or Shakespeare!
- A big circle scarf in a jewel tone (like the ones at AA! I also saw a tute here someplace! http://store.americanapparel.net/circle-scarf.html) Thanks Euwlotta!
- A matryoshhka brooch (this one is cool! http://www.flickr.com/photos/vasiliisa/3177818254/in/set-72157594249878925/) one with dolls hanging vertically would work too!
- Book plates or a book plate rubber stamp in any kind of zetti or vintage style, nothing cutesy or country please.

If you would like to make me something wearable, please PM me for measurements and specifics Smiley
- An AA style tube dress: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=114872.0
- A tee shirt shrug: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/tshirt_shrug
- Altered tees or tanks like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=106867.msg1016302#msg1016302 or this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10284568 or
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/t_shirt_recon (I have tons more on my wist for inspiration!)
- Screenprinted or stenciled tees (size medium, V neck or scoop neck, and again, you can check my wist for ideas)
- A wide waist belt in yellow, red, or any jewel tone
- A hanging plastic bag holder in a fun fabric or pretty color crochet http://www.flickr.com/photos/krakencrafts/3790305470/
- Anyone computer/photoshop savvy? I need a banner/buttons/biz cards for my blog and upcoming etsy shop! I'd love to collaborate with somebody who knows how to create them.
-I'm dying for a pom pom hat like the one worn by Zooey Deschanel in the movie Elf. Why oh why can't I find a still of this?

Supplies:
Kits:
- A lino cutting kit with instructions
- Any how-to or sugar art kits, books, and supplies (think sculpy, but edible!)
- A rubber stamp carving kit
- A tie dye kit for the little ones I nanny for (they are 4, 6, and Cool

Other:
- I'm a baking freak, so any and all baking supplies like decorative edibles, fancy muffin cups, silicone molds, etc. are welcome!
- Bakers twine and/or boxes/bags/wraps for packaging baked goods
- Canning jars in any shapes/sizes
- ink pads any pigment ink,  archival and acid free
- Glossy cardstock http://www.amazon.com/Glossy-Cardstock-12x12-Sheets-Pkg/dp/B00161N1GM
- Alcohol inks http://www.rangerink.com/products/prod_alcoholink_adirondack.htm
- any issues of Crap Hound! Even photocopies of your issues work for me! http://www.boingboing.net/2005/07/24/crap-hound-seminal-c.html
- Vintage ephemera, text pages from old books, especially foreign languages (think crumbly old, not 80's old Smiley)
- Blank card and envelope sets for embellishing (like the boxed or packaged cards you can buy at craft stores)

Extras:
- I'd love anything inspired by anything I've wisted or anything on my etsy favorites: http://www.etsy.com/favorite_listings.php! Or feel free to check my blog for ideas!
- Coffee and Tea, loose or bags
- Hot sauce from your local wing place or shop in bottles no taller than 5 inches for my hubby's collection

Thank you in advance for choosing me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist
SAHMama
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009 07:58:13 PM »

I'll claim Banga for an AA style tube dress & tee shirt shrug! Smiley

1st claim this round; 0 sent; 0 received.

My name is Sarah, I live in Chicago, IL, & as my username says, I'm a stay-at-home mom. I used to be a lawyer & will be again.. someday. I have no allergies (but I REALLY dislike cigarette smoke!) & we have 2 dogs (a rescued lab mix & a terrier mutt). I have a son, Cooper, who will be 2 in October & I'm pregnant with a boy that is due in October. My taste is pretty eclectic (just to give you an idea - our bedroom is red, dining room is orange, son's room has a Dr. Seuss mural, & living room is a failed attempt at an orange/yellow faux finish that wound up looking like you're in the middle of a bonfire, but it's growing on me). I love bright colors, and orange is my favorite. There aren't really any colors I don't like. I'm not really big on jewelry... I think it's pretty but I just don't wear it (I will wear small post earrings & anklets). I'm pretty open to anything (& not easily offended). I have more info on my profile & you can always check out my blog, wist, or etsy shop. I'm fine with used (quality) items or upcycled/repurposed items. I love batik fabric, whimsical designs (think Mad Hatter) & Dr. Seuss!
Also, I update my wist constantly so theres always new stuff on there.

CRAFTS

* Educational/learning toys for my almost-2-year-old son. He's really into the alphabet now. Number stuff is great too. Busy toys for the car are great!

* Car organizer

* Thread catcher

* Small planner (no larger than 4x5) that I can carry in a diaper bag. Could be paper craft, fabric covered, or whatever, just so long as its a little durable.

* Totally super huge obnoxious wish: Painted, drawn-on, tye-dyed, bleached, or otherwise embellished/decorated Converse All-Stars - Im totally fine with used Converse & I wear a size 7 (9 in womens, but 7 in Converse). Pretty much any creative design would be great, but if it was Dr. Seuss related Id probably pee in my pants from excitement.

* Angel wings like these that I can attach to my Moby wrap (preferably with Velcro or snaps)

* cloth diapers - pocket or AIO. Id like smalls (not newborn) because Id like to cloth diaper my new baby (although Ill probably wimp out & use disposables for the first few weeks) & we only have mediums because we didnt start with cloth until my son was in a medium. Preferably gender neutral, but boy colors/designs would be okay too.

* small (diaper) bag (maybe 12 by 15-ish or something) with pockets; maybe even an external pocket or two on the sides for a sippy cup or bottle of water. Backpack or messenger bag so its easy to carry everywhere.

* Something (maybe a throw pillow?) commemorating one of the most important rules my husband & I have in our marriage: "The Rule Of Specific Examples" (basically, we agree that it's difficult to think of specific examples so if in an argument you make a complaint but can't back it up with a specific example then you invoke "the rule of specific examples" & the other can't hold it against you).

* Baby clothes (boy) - anything cute. Ska/punk stuff is great.

* Big brother, little brother shirts - I think these are cute. I'm fine with anything & creative stuff is great - thanks bsonlytoots! Smiley

* Play silks - thanks rlynn! Smiley

* Toddler busy book

* Embroidered or painted cloth diapers (pocket or AIO, preferably small or medium, but well probably use any size). Some examples here and here

* Soap - I dont like patchouli, vanilla, or coffee, but pretty much anything else (fruity or otherwise) is great.

* A surprise (wisty or something Id like)

SUPPLIES

* snap press (used is fine!)

* furry or fuzzy fabric Thanks 1boy1girl1kitty2! Smiley

* elastic (any size or type) - thanks sunspotted! Smiley

* fabric - I like bright colors & interesting prints. Amy Butler & Michael Miller type stuff is always great. I love batiks.

* zippers

* velcro (preferably white & soft) - thanks sunspotted! Smiley

* polymer clay rolling pin (used is fine!)

* ribbon

* bias tape maker (used is fine!)

* minky fabric - preferably boy or gender neutral colors/designs

EXTRAS

* used or thrift clothing with fabric I can use (interesting  prints or textures)
* fabric scraps
* notecards
* knee high socks in stripes or interesting colors/prints
* fun lunch/food items - squiggly straws, fun shaped sandwich cutters, popsicle molds, cookie cutters, etc.

Thanks! Smiley
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009 08:15:50 PM by SAHMama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CamOovas
Don't drink and craftster.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009 08:32:47 PM »

I claim SAHMama for a wisty surprise or two.

This is my first claim of three, none sent or received.

I live in northern Wisconsin. I am a vegetarian and animal rights activist, so that means that I would not appreciate any animal parts, like bone or horn or what not.   I am okay with animal fibers.  Actually I am more than okay with fiber...  please send me fiber!!    No allergies.  I prefer "naturey" themes and colors to synthetic/bright/pastel stuff.  My profile has plenty more information about me, if you need.   

*Crafted*
A wisty surprise: http://wists.com/CamOovas

Your version of my big white cat in your chosen medium- I will provide pictures

i-pod cozy that straps onto the arm so I can look like a runner

1:12 scale anything.  I'm trying to fill an empty dollhouse.  My loose theme is “unkempt rental” The only things I don't really want are mini food (exceptions for rotten fruit or something really unique) or things that are baby/kid themed.

Kitty eating monster bed http://wists.com/CamOovas/6e5eda6b9506778e7b39a874ac9d5fd2?offset=320

Durable large dog bed (I could stuff)

Ceramic switchplates http://wists.com/CamOovas/2eb39e3a363ef3db97acf948c1099634?offset=300

Koi/goldfish or dandelion hoodie or long-sleeve shirt http://wists.com/CamOovas/6b94fa0329d33113619b88ee61876e14?offset=220

Ceramic planters

Plant hangers (like macrame, or cooler)

Lampwork beads

Ceramic pendants or beads http://wists.com/CamOovas/4895e73924eb8efca1ac0d1581df697d?offset=120 http://wists.com/CamOovas/6149a14b0730aa783c117ccf5741076d?offset=120

A wierd bracelet like this: http://wists.com/CamOovas/3ba4d8a93b619f354dd2c261957f569f?offset=280

Dobercoat that will cover my dog's naked belly: http://wists.com/CamOovas/d77effca387c9d7fcb553de798b9f18e?offset=280

*Supplies*
Fiber dye

Realistic looking small glass eyes/noses

Button maker

Fiber.  Anything.  I use solid colors mostly, but I'll take whatever you've got. 

1:12 scale dishware/baskets/crates for use with my miniature pieces.  Disclaimer:  I may end  up using these in a scene that I sell.  If you send them to me that means you can't be mad about it, but if you've made it, I'll definitely give you credit.

*Extras*
Solid color white or green wool (shrunken sweaters, scarves, I need bigger peices)

White or clear lite-bright pegs

Airwaves gum (eucalyptus mint is my favorite but I'll take anything!)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009 08:44:21 PM by CamOovas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ewulotta
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009 09:51:24 PM »

I claim CamOovas for a koi long sleeve

This is my 1st claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received

My name is Eva and Im from Germany. Im a 26-year old trainee teacher at secondary school. In my free time I work with kids in church. Thats why I dabble in many different crafts to find new ideas for the kids. But I really enjoy felting, stencilling and sewing. I like natural and bright colours (green, brown, violet, teal) and natural materials like wool or wood. Unfortunately
Im allergic to cat hair.

My wishlist (check out my wists for more inspiration: http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta)

Crafts
Handmade soap (especially with sheep or goat milk)

Body scrubs

Hand-knitted socks (mustard yellow would be a nice colour, striped would be perfect)

Hand-knitted hat (for my sister, a black angora one with small beads or like this one http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18680839&ref=cat3_gallery_18)

Crocheted floral scarf (teal or purple)

NEW Amigurumi key ring (cookie monster, sheep or monkey)

NEW Amigurumi nativity scene

Oilcloth lunchbag (with polka dots or stripes, for my long days at school)

Jewellery-/ earring holder (a framed one that would hold earrings and necklaces, like this one http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27093634)

Simple Blank Notecards (which I could use for any occasion, linocut, stamped or embellished)

NEW Christmas Cards (linocut, stamped or embellished)

Custom Rubber Stamps (with flowers or birdies and my name)

NEW FRIENDS peephole frame (http://www.friendsposter.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/frame.jpg)

Decorated paper clips

Ballet flats (sewn or crocheted like these http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=274990.0 or http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=27701665)

Decorated headbands (trim, either fabric or embellished with decent crochet flowers)

NEW Kanzashi flowers

Placemats (a set of 4 would be great, either appliqud or embroidered with flowers, trees, stripes or dots, brown, teal and/or purple)

NEW Cloth Napkins (a set of 4 embroidered with eating related quotations would be fantastic. We've got a white table so black or grey napkins would be perfect. PM for more details like font or German quotations)

Reading pillow (or rather a reading pillow case to keep shipping costs low)

Wisty surprise

Supplies
Beads (poly clay, glass, wooden)
Roving (hand-dyed would be really nice)
Fabric (Amy Butler, Anna Maria Horner, Michael Miller or any Free Spirit, those are difficult to find in Germany)
Freezer Paper (I cant get freezer paper here in Germany and its so convenient for stencilling)
Scrapbooking Paper
NEW Rubber stamp carving kit
NEW Buttons to cover up with fabric (big ones)

Extras
Crafting books or magazines
Sewing magazines

Thanks whoever claims me!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009 04:51:22 AM by Ewulotta » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009 05:48:06 AM »

I claim Ewulotta for freezer paper, beads, scrapbook paper, and a wisty surprise or two

This is my first claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

I'm currently living in Ann Arbor, MI with my boyfriend. I spend practically all my free time either crafting, reading, or watching horribly addicting reality tv. I'm a really laid-back type of person, I love all colors, except pastels and neon and excessive amounts of pink. I love quirky animals/objects/anything, stripes, spirals. I love recycled craftiness, using found objects and materials and using it for a totally new purpose. I'm not allergic to anything that I'm aware of although my boyfriend is very sensitive to scented things so none of that please. I'm gearing up for Christmas so some of the things I'm listing are actually going to be for other people - help me out  Grin Wink

WISH LIST (big wishes in BOLD!!!)
(any links listed are just to give you an idea of what I would like)

Crafted

-a knitted or crocheted facehugger (from the movie Alien - see picture below)
http://pe.elmstreet-online.com/shop1/catalog/images/palis_Micro%20Face%20Hugger.jpg

-a simple Christmas stocking for a dog maybe in the shape of a paw or something

-knitted winter socks for a large man (not sure on the sizing PM me for more info on this claim)

-golden retriever themed art

-golden retriever hand puppet

-a set of 2 or 3 coiled fabric bowls in blues or greens for storing things like this
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=292234.0

-colorful blanket either quilted, crocheted, or knitted (see my wist for ideas)

-a decorated salt & pepper set

-really big mugs for drinking tea/hot liquids (I hate having to refill my mug over and over again)

-embroidered kitchen towels (themes of anatomy, funky, crows/ravens)

Supplies
(While I love getting new supplies I'm trying to cut down on my current stash so I don't need any supply-only claims at the moment - Thanks!)

-Diamond Glaze
-canvas boards (big or small I will use them  Grin)
-a stamp carving kit
-contact paper for making wall decals (preferably black)
-glass etching kit
-charms (I like to incorporate them in my art)
-foreign coins
-thick watercolor paper
-any good drawing pens, markers, paints, and/or pencils
-any crafting books along my favs in crafting (anything Ed Emberley, Big Ass Book of Crafts, Techniques for Polymer Clay, etc)

Thank you for anyone that picks me!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009 07:40:58 AM by sheepBlue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moonoverbrooklyn
hedgehogs are prickly

I like animals.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2009 07:19:27 AM »

I claim sheepblue for foreign coins and a dogs christmas stocking!

This is my 1st claim this round, 0 sent, 0 received

About Me: Im 26 living in Brooklyn Ny with my 2 mini dachshunds. I love trendy handmade items and I have an eclectic sense of style. I am currently trying to decorate my very bare apartment and prepare for the winter in NY. I love to sew, paint, and metalsmith. My dogs Leelu and Milo are like my kids and they go everywhere with me.

Wishes
Crafted stuff:
Handmade doggy treats
Ipod case like this.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30423991&ref=sr_list_2&&ga_search_query=ipod+touch+case&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Ds case like this
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=29846332
2 Dog beds: Pillow type or like this for the furry kids
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30397356&ref=cat2_list_20
 knitted fingerless gloves/arm warmers like these
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30397356&ref=cat2_list_20
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30378738&ref=sr_list_16&&ga_search_query=armwarmers&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Other knits (long shot I know)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30417440
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=19175112
Dog Coats pm me for sizing
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30387132&ref=sr_list_17&&ga_search_query=coat&ga_search_type=category&category=pets.clothing&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

Sewn stuff
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29761060&ref=sr_list_3&&ga_search_query=socks&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=4&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Dog Coats pm for sizing!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18939442&ref=sr_list_3&&ga_search_query=coat&ga_search_type=category&category=pets.clothing&ga_page=2&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

HOODIE!!!

Clock!
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=28438733&ref=sr_list_16&&ga_search_query=clock&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=4&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
Supplies
FABRIC!! Bright colors, batiks, upholstery,
Notions: Magnetic closures, snaps, Velcro for sewing.
Extras
Stuff related to sewing (doggy clothes/bed  patterns!)
Messenger bag
Black Contact paper for making wall Decals
DIY Resin kit!!

Thanks whoever claims me!!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009 07:24:46 AM by Moonoverbrooklyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcook72677
I fink you freeky

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2009 08:32:28 AM »

I'm claiming moonoverbrooklyn for fabric!

1st claim, 0 sent, 0 recieved

Hello everyone!  I am a 32 year old craft addicted stay at home mother with 2 beautiful children.  Soapmaking is my primary craft but I also enjoy sewing, crochet, knitting, stenciling, screen printing, embroidery, and paper crafts. 

Crafts:

-Artwork for my living room.  Here is a link to the fabric that I am re-covering my couch in  http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=39057cc9-b252-4316-a78d-fdf3ef120730   I would love something with brick red being the main color.  Something fun and carefree would be awesome. 

-Re-usable Shopping Bags

-Burp Cloths and/or Bibs for my boy(no sports themes please)

-Camera Case for a Canon EOS

-Wallet

-Baby Legs or Leg Warmers for my 2 year old daughter

-Hand Carved Matryoshka Stamp

-Anything Wisty

Supplies:
-Amy Butler Print Fabric

-Diamond Glaze

-Lino Carving Kit

Extras
-DECAF/STIMULANT FREE Herbal Tea

-Local Chocolates

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade and vintage goodness!
www.gibsgoods.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Football Field Dessert Recipe for Super Bowl
How to Make a Super Bowl Dessert-a-Dome
How to Make Fortune Cookies for a Happier Chinese New Year
Watch Chocolatiers Make Dark Chocolate Cherry Truffles
Super Bowl Recipes: 4th Quarter Sweets
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...