A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,604
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Samhain/Halloween Swap Round 15! sign ups closed, send by 10/26  (Read 25895 times)
Tags for this thread: martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hedgewitch
Mother Oak

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2009 08:45:19 PM »

*sigh*  I haven't been able to do anything fun for Halloween in years.  I really miss it.  We had a small handful of trick or treaters last year but not enough to even finish off a single bag of candy. 

I was lurking around everyones wists and we ALL seem to have similar tastes, lol.  Some of you have exactly the same stuff I do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feywalker
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2009 06:54:40 AM »

We're going to be teenage muntant ninja turtles for trick or treating!  My daughter (who turns 3 next week) chooses our costume themes.  I make our costumes, so I really should get going soon, but first I have to make it thru her Birthday Party. 

The card swap here is great fun!  I put them on my kitchen cabinets each time and they always make me smile when I go in there.  There's tons of variety as each person here has very different crafting styles. 

Crafts I do: Crochet, clay, sewing, jewlery, painting I can knit some, papercraft occationaly, mostly just a mix of whatever catches my attention at the time,  I'm always trying something new.  I'm thinking I want to use the resin that's been in my stash some time soon.  I love glue, it just doesn't always love me.  (The birdbath from hell is a great case in point)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
sullengal

I can not stop creating. I pray I never will.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2009 07:01:21 AM »

I've never done a card swap. Do you just mail a Samhain card to your partner?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/sullengal
My Etsy Store - http://Omphalie.etsy.com
Ongoing Swaps :
New Moon Swap - Sent!
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2009 07:34:43 AM »

i haven't done the card swap either ( not a paper person) but i assume that you get a list of everyones addresses and send them to all the listed participants....but yeah probably should wait for a vet card swapper to confirm that....

RAIN RAIN RAIN makes woodland_faeries garden grow still yay more okra and tomatoes yum. and yay woodland_faeries got the allergies acting up a little again....yay for mold in the air...

Been stalking lurking in peoples profiles and spying on they past craft swap lives muuuhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha......I really want my partner like now so i can start! i have a ton of plan "A"'s and "B"(if A fails or if the partner is like no way dude.....Im really like not wanting to clean out my crafting hollow today but a faeries gotta be able to creatively flutter in it....i can't even find my scissors sometimes....and its mixed in with my hubbs computer room which i hate cause the computer distracts me like o i wonder if someone posted something or i wonder what new projects people made.....blah blah blah.....but yeah gonna play on wists some more and go clean grrrrrrrr ok need to stop avoiding and just do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
Feywalker
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2009 08:52:12 AM »

On the card swap -  yes you get a list of everyone participating's address and you send each of them a card - easy peasy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2009 08:58:51 AM »

Ack... the more you ladies talk about Samhain the more jazzed I get about it! I mixed up a batch of Kyphi incense the other day and started some oils. Hopefully the full moon today will add some inspiration to all of our crafting.  Cheesy

Feywalker- This one year when I was around 6 or 7 I wanted to be April O'Neal for Halloween. My mother refused to let me wear a "hideous yellow jumpsuit". So lame! One day I will make her costume.... *wistful*

Danni- AVON>Mary Kay. I love their lotion. Best of luck!

A group of my friends are going as the members of Clue and I was chosen to be Ms. Peacock. It's gonna be awesome... I'm seeing teal colored sequins....

I do a lot of crafts. I sew, knit, woodcrafting/pyrography, paint, illustrate, papercraft, embroider/hand bead.... I also use natural materials in my crafting, making incense/brewing oils, creating altar items, etc. This is the severely edited version because my stash is so big I could go on foreeeever....  Cheesy

I might have to join the swap after all...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2009 09:45:20 AM »

still haven't cleaned out the old creative hollow....did dishes and what not....drank some coffee and spoke with the goddess at my alter( we have coffee talks alot) ( sometimes i offer her coffee if i have the really good stuff like the pumpkin spice which i will be having soon)( also the pumpkin spice beer) ive  been reading a really good book i found at the thrift store it was a surprise i found it there...." The Heart of the Fire" by Cerridwen Fallingstar and wow its pretty good. you all should check it out....Some other good books i read lately that were pretty snazzy was the " Faire- Folk Novels" or also called" Pendragon series" ~ From the Ashes~ and  Into the Storm the 3rd one just came out but i haven't had the dough to dish out for it yet but YOU ALL NEED TO READ THEM....Its got gypsys, magic, faeries renaissance festivals, goddess loving peps in it! its by Mehgan Brunner.... so anyone going to any ren festivals this year? We always go to the KC ren fest ( Kansas City) its a nice one....ok would it be ok if i made a questionaire to get to know everyone better or should the Lady Ronda have the honors of creating one? I like questionaires they're a hoot Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
Feywalker
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2009 12:07:42 PM »

There's a small renfaire here in Wichita in the Spring and Fall.  I know quite a few of the people who run it from my fencing days many moons ago so I supposed I'll have to take them up on getting back into it more heavily one of these days, but for now we go to each one and I have a blast. Next one (fall) is end of October (usually around the 26th or so)  I've never made it up to the KC one but I will one of these days.  A friend of mine was just talking about us going there this year.  hmmm...

I love questionairres.  I like to get to know you all better, the more I know the more happy I am that I found this group.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Hedgewitch
Mother Oak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2009 12:16:41 PM »

I might have to join the swap after all...  Grin

OMG you better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hedgewitch
Mother Oak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2009 12:22:03 PM »

There's a small renfaire here in Wichita in the Spring and Fall.  I know quite a few of the people who run it from my fencing days many moons ago so I supposed I'll have to take them up on getting back into it more heavily one of these days, but for now we go to each one and I have a blast. Next one (fall) is end of October (usually around the 26th or so)  I've never made it up to the KC one but I will one of these days.  A friend of mine was just talking about us going there this year.  hmmm...

I love questionairres.  I like to get to know you all better, the more I know the more happy I am that I found this group.

They have a permanent Ren Faire village near me in Gurnee, IL.  I've never gone in all the years I've lived in this area but I hear it's fun.  Maybe one day we'll take a family trip to see it or something.  From what I've seen on their web page it's HUGE!  I always liked the weapons displays where they throw axes and use various head smooshing devices.  Fun fun fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Removing Turkey from an Oil Free Fryer
Preparing a Turkey for Deep Frying
How to Carve a Turkey
Preparing to Deep Fry a Turkey in Oil
How to Stuff, Prepare, and Cook a Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...