A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,967
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Samhain/Halloween Swap Round 15! sign ups closed, send by 10/26  (Read 25984 times)
Tags for this thread: martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009 08:42:56 PM »

Ya know, I knew there was a reason I saw some really cute witchy halloween fabric the other day!  I'm thinking I may also do the card swap too, now just to send brain waves to Joann's to have scrapbooking paper 6 of 96 cents again instead of the current buy x get y free stuff.

I'm tempted to swap again, hmmmm.  I'm unemployed so not much $, but lots of time to sew!  And crochet!  And glue my fingers together making cards!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feywalker
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009 05:48:58 AM »

I'm so sorry about your back Luna, sending healing energies your way.

Wind, I know what you mean, we've been having unseasonably (ie fall like) chilled weather over here and I'm loving it!  yea fall!  Though I do hope the Farmer's Almanac is wrong about our very cold winter for this area.

My craft room litteraly looks like a tornado hit it.  I really need to get reorganized, but there's something fun (and often frustrating) about not being able to find what your looking for so you find something else instead (often that you forgot you have) and go off in another direction completely.  Of course, when you need a particular item and can't find it so you have to visit the craft store and get another...well, that's often fun too.   Cheesy

I missed you all so much, life on this end has been so crazy, injured dog, tonsilitis for the toddler (same week), Hubby had industrial sized A/C fall on him (he's alright now), he had a wasp sting that made one of his arms look like Arnold's (now has epipen just in case he gets stung in neck since he also sat on a bee last spring and ended up with one butt cheek twice the size of the other) and that's just the fun parts. 

Bring on the glue, paint and fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009 08:16:07 AM »

bout to head to work...gonna be sneezin all over fabric today though...(i work at Joanns) my allergies are really bothering me so i drank a couple cups of tea with some local honey so far has helped a wee bit...I hope everyone has a very eventful safe and magical day....Im having soup tonight its raining...its really starting to feel like fall here already its nice i love fall.....im even in a swap I can't wait till fall" what you all doing for mabon? Im gonna make a big harvest meal from the trail ends of my garden and fresh bread.....and we are gonna make some gourd shakers and dance.....*woodland faerie wiggles* but yeah i will miss you but never fear i shall return...Im still kinda going crazy bout my problem(not 100 % about it yet but i will tell you all the outcome very soon)  Huh Embarrassed im scared but you all are brave so i will be too love you all the goddess loves you and the faeries ! ~woodland_faerie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009 12:43:18 PM »

So my nose is runny which is a tell tale sign that fall is nearly upon us! Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well. I might join in this one, not sure yet. Seems that everyone is having a crazy time in our home lives and I'm no exception. It does feel good to be back, however.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hedgewitch
Mother Oak

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009 01:01:59 PM »

I spent a solid 8 hours working on my craftroom last night and it's almost done...however, as a result of ripping it all to hell I have destroyed the other rooms trying to dig out all of my materials, lol.  Now I have to clean the rest of the house.  *sigh*

I did manage to rediscover a few lost relics and treasures, so I guess it's all worth it in the long run.  I don't get out much and have limited mobility so the winter months are my crafting months.  I horde supplies all year long and squirrel them away for the snowy seasons.  This helps me keep my mind off the weather and I enjoy working with my husband on projects and it helps bring us together.  I have a list of projects I plan on tackling this winter, especially since they say this is to be the worst winter on the books in 30-50 years.  I look forward to the things I'll get to make but it's sooooo hard to restrain myself from starting on them now!

I was looking at all the stuff I have and thinking out the things I can make and I wonder if I will have enough winter to do them all!  This swap is perfect because it will allow me the chance to make a few things so I don't dive in and use up my winter supplies.  Perhaps this year I'll actually put something in my Etsy shop.  I've had the damn thing for over a year and never listed anything as I keep giving them away during swaps or as gifts.

So what is everyone's "area of expertise"?  What sorts of crafts do you all enjoy the most?  My husband bought me a little potters wheel a few weeks ago and I have been itching to try it out.  I've done lots of clay work in the past but nothing with a wheel, so I'm real curious to see how much of a mess I can make with it, lol.  We also discovered an old large kiln under the deck of a relatives house and are hoping to be ab;e to do whatever we can to get it working.  I've always wanted a kiln and I hope that it is salvageable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009 01:14:31 PM »

hardyswanton01 - hiya! long time no chat!

Fey, robot - hope things are on an upswing for you both

Woodland_faerie - still sending you encouragement

hedge - my DD is sortof slowly moving things from her room to her boyfriends house and my hubby is eyeing her room as a potential place to hide some of the stash that clutters the rest of the house, LOL! he can't wait for her to literally get out of the house, LOL! I am not in that much of a hurry to clean and organize things though  Wink

on another note, I want to let everyone know that hubby and I will be leaving Friday afternoon to visit family since he has a three day weekend, but I can get online pretty easily just not as much as at home - and I will be home Monday night

trying to get everything organized as much as possible before I go, LOL!

Ronda
Blessings!

ps - I like making jewelry, crocheting, embroidery (though not something I can do quickly), and papercrafts are becoming more intriquing the more I do
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
DanniQuee
The Artful Danni

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009 01:30:42 PM »

You and your quick trips Ronda! Lucky ducky. I'll hold down the fort while you're away. *fearless co-org flex* Lol! Cheesy

Hubs and I may go to the drive in on Saturday since it's supposed to be a nice autumny day/night. The leaves are getting crunchy and I'm so excited about it! I've had to stop myself from ripping all of the decorations out of the closet and spooking up the house... It's been a real challenge! My pumpkins and shrines and apothecary style bottles and crows are so tempting. Maybe my partners in the Halloween swaps will finish early - then I'll just HAVE to decorate! can't have one thing sitting around looking forlorn and lonely, right? Wink

Robot - it's been all sniffles at my house too! It's getting chilly too - but I love it.

Hedge - The winter forecast terrifies me. I loathe hate and despise winter and have serious phobias about driving in the snow. When I see flakey white stuff from the office window I panic. It's so bad.  Embarrassed *sigh*

Enough of that! Crafting bags of tricks... as if you don't already know all about them Wink... include paper crafting (my newest all consuming addiction), jewelry making, painting, crochet (basic.. although I learned how to do broomstick lace recently and adore it!), polymer clay, sewing and a wee bit of leather working and carving. I really enjoy gluing things to paper and boxes with reckless abandon and seeing what I come up with. Pagan Crafty wise, I have to say my favourite things to make are wands and shrines.

I'd love to have a kiln myself, I've always wanted to try my hand at ceramics and fused glass. Can't wait to see what you conjure up with your wheel. Your hubs sure is a sweety - but don't tell him I think so or he may grumble at me! Haha.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009 01:40:13 PM »

*looks sheepish* I sorry Danni!!! Smiley I'll be better about checking in now hehee

As for crafts of choice... hmmm.... Painting, drawing and clay!!! I want to be a better sewer, but those are the three that are my favorite. I do love anything paper crafty too Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Hedgewitch
Mother Oak

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009 02:24:57 PM »

I recently met a woman near me that runs a stamping group.  She's been pressuring me to join them but to be honest, I don't find a great attraction to stamping.  I would rather draw or something.  The supplies for the stamp crafts are crazy expensive!  I was shocked!  Now I wouldn't mind too much making my own stamps and using them but all that buying oodles of dollars in stamps and ink just doesn't appeal to me one bit.  While I like the end result, to me it's just not my bag.  These people around here are high on themselves or something because they have conventions for it and there's even a Bed & Breakfast dedicated to nothing but stamping and scrap booking!  They charge $250 a NIGHT to stay and there's a scrap/stamp class you have to participate in.  Screw that.

I've recently gotten on a needlepoint kick and have made a few things here and there.  My sweetness made me a big needlepoint frame & stand that I have put to good use and it currently takes up a corner in my living room.  I throw my pattern up on the big screen tv and put on an audio book and work away through the day, but it tears up my hands so badly that I can't do it for long.  I can work a long stretch on it but then I have to take a few days off.  I seriously doubt I can do it this winter very much as the cold weather makes my hands feel like gnarled wood.  I still love tinkering with my sewing machine and crocheting (not very well), and I've been dabbling with jewelry making.  The trouble with the jewelry thing is I can't wear anything that isn't gold or silver.  I break out like a fool if I wear anything that is base metal so I can't every wear any of the cute things I see.  I need to invest in some silver jewelry making supplies I spoze.

Living in the back woods of Wisconsin, my supplies are hard to come by.  If Wal Mart doesn't carry it I'm kind of out of luck.  We have a Michaels and a Hobby Lobby about 45 miles away but they are getting so expensive it's not worth it.  Perhaps I can start getting stuff online.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get the good stuff?  Of course there's always eBay but I'd like an alternate source if possible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009 02:57:19 PM »

Swaps fly when you're surrounded by friends!

I can get to my sewing machine, but I'll be darned if i can find a friggin needle! Off to the craft store i go Smiley

School is its usual craziness - I despise administrators! Here teach this new thing, oh by the way we didn't order that, do something new and kids come tomorrow and also here's this new way to teach, implement it and we'll give you 4 days of some overpriced stuffed shirt to tell you all the things you're doing wrong and how to do it his way:) I'm still smiling!!!!!  And they cut the one and only field trip the English department has! Froze all the others. Won't let the foreign language teacher take theirs anywhere. Oh don't get me started!

Ideas for cards are flowing and crafting never sounded to good!
Blessed Be y'all
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Peace Collage
How to Create a Collage Poster
How to Make a Sports Collage
How to Create a Picture Collage
How to Learn Tie Dye Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...