Last project of the summer! Classes start tomorrow, so I wanted to get this finished up before I start getting loads of homework dumped on me.
I downloaded the Ute pattern back in March when Burdastyle was offering it for free, and I started it pretty soon after that. By May, I had gotten everything but the sleeves and the front closing done, but the sleeves were making no sense to me, so I threw it in my fabric box and let it sit. I picked it up today, and for some reason, the sleeves made sense. It turns out that burda makes their puff sleeves with tiny darts instead of pleats or gathers, and I was trying to pin it as pleats.
(I was making a derfy face. Mr. Happy is much more attractive. xD)
I used a drapey forest green knit from fabric.com, and it makes a super comfy blouse. It's a bit big, which surprises me, because I was making a size smaller than was recommended. The boobs are too low as well, which is rare for me. I'll fiddle with it and make a FBA if I sew another one of these.
I like how it turned out, and how it doesn't really show any of the mistakes I made. I should have been a little more careful with the pattern placement though. The wide stripes on the side and the skinny ones in the middle are really doing me no favors.