A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,059
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to wrap diaper wreaths?  (Read 1175 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Decaf
« on: August 30, 2009 06:59:48 PM »

Hi Everyone,
I love the diaper wreaths I've been seeing on here and other places.  My friend is having twins, so I decided to make her 2 diaper wreaths for her upcoming baby shower, one pink and one blue (she's having 1 boy and 1 girl, natch Cheesy).

My question is, how do I "wrap" them?  Do I just bring them into the shower as-is, or find a HUGE gift bag, or what?  For all of the tutorials and photos of diaper wreaths I've seen, I've never seen a way to present or wrap them.

Any suggestions are appreciated!  Thanks!  Grin

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009 07:02:16 PM by Decaf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Momma2FIVEgirls

Still creating the ever growing to do list........

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009 10:22:55 PM »

I have given a few out but I don't wrap them. Two people immediately put them up so everyone could see it at the shower, and one other I gave at the hospital and they put it on the hospital door. I just make sure that I have a "top" and a "bottom" for hanging purposes and a ribbon or something to put it up with. They make great decorations, even for a welcome home gift. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009 04:54:58 AM »

Both diaper wreathes I've given were displayed also.. and for months after baby was born (I use 6 month size diapers, and the gifts/clothes attached are all appropriate for a 6 month old baby so that it can be appreciated for awhile, then taken apart to appreciate/use the seperate components)...

What I do, is actually attach a set of baby coat hangers to the back, so they form a hook to hang it up, and are then useful later.. I just tie them on with the same curling ribbon I use to attach the decorations/gifts. I also did this on a blank wreathe I made.. I just did the diapers and decorative ribbon for a coworker, who then went off and attached gifts/socks etc, and gave it to her daughter inlaw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
rainylakechick
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009 11:52:44 AM »

Love the idea of using hangers! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decaf
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009 07:52:02 PM »

Thanks everyone Smiley  The shower was this past weekend, and I ended up stacking the 2 wreaths and wrapping several layers of tissue paper around, to make a funny puffy doughnut  Grin  But it looked fine in the end, and the soon-to-be-mom loved it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Different Size Holes For Tree Skirts
How to Crochet Half Rainbow Borders
How to Crochet Leaves Part 1/6
How to Crochet Leaves Part 2/6
How to Crochet for Beginners
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...