A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 312,160
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to wrap diaper wreaths?  (Read 1234 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: August 30, 2009 06:59:48 PM »

Hi Everyone,
I love the diaper wreaths I've been seeing on here and other places.  My friend is having twins, so I decided to make her 2 diaper wreaths for her upcoming baby shower, one pink and one blue (she's having 1 boy and 1 girl, natch Cheesy).

My question is, how do I "wrap" them?  Do I just bring them into the shower as-is, or find a HUGE gift bag, or what?  For all of the tutorials and photos of diaper wreaths I've seen, I've never seen a way to present or wrap them.

Any suggestions are appreciated!  Thanks!  Grin

« Last Edit: August 30, 2009 07:02:16 PM by Decaf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still creating the ever growing to do list........

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009 10:22:55 PM »

I have given a few out but I don't wrap them. Two people immediately put them up so everyone could see it at the shower, and one other I gave at the hospital and they put it on the hospital door. I just make sure that I have a "top" and a "bottom" for hanging purposes and a ribbon or something to put it up with. They make great decorations, even for a welcome home gift. Smiley
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009 04:54:58 AM »

Both diaper wreathes I've given were displayed also.. and for months after baby was born (I use 6 month size diapers, and the gifts/clothes attached are all appropriate for a 6 month old baby so that it can be appreciated for awhile, then taken apart to appreciate/use the seperate components)...

What I do, is actually attach a set of baby coat hangers to the back, so they form a hook to hang it up, and are then useful later.. I just tie them on with the same curling ribbon I use to attach the decorations/gifts. I also did this on a blank wreathe I made.. I just did the diapers and decorative ribbon for a coworker, who then went off and attached gifts/socks etc, and gave it to her daughter inlaw.

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009 11:52:44 AM »

Love the idea of using hangers! 

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009 07:52:02 PM »

Thanks everyone Smiley  The shower was this past weekend, and I ended up stacking the 2 wreaths and wrapping several layers of tissue paper around, to make a funny puffy doughnut  Grin  But it looked fine in the end, and the soon-to-be-mom loved it!

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Southern Style Tips: Tailgating Attire
The Genius Way to Keep Your Shirt in Place
New Swimwear Collab Channels Iconic Movie Moments
What to Wear Shopping
Music Festival Outfits
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Plumeria Flowers
Ghosts and Graveyards
Meatless Monday: Stuffed Acorn Squash

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...