A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Facing fears! (seed beads and wrapped loops) Lousy pics incoming  (Read 615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

april again
« on: August 30, 2009 07:53:49 PM »

First time posting a project here..I was always too intimidated to post anything I had done seeing all the talented people to post but then I thought, How can I get better if I don't try? Seeing as I work as a family advocate for low income parents, it was time to practice what I preach...MOVING ON!

I have always struggled with stringing seed beads (I have meaty paws) and making wrapped loops. I realize it is something that will come with practice but apparently that was OK for some people but not for me! Well this weekend I got my haircut short (and I mean short, like between a pixie and a crew cut! Trying to grow out color) so I thought I would make myself some nice earrings.

Here goes!

This was trying to get the loops on...Thankfully the crimps that would NOT work with me will be hidden! LOVE CONES...

Finished project:

I had these glass seed beads forever and just could not part with them during the Bead Soup swap...I never used them and I literally had this tube for 2 years plus because I loved the color..sort of a faded denim color. (forgive my camera)

Your comments are welcome!

April
THIS ROCKS   Logged
catdaddytn
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009 11:59:10 AM »

I totally understand your fears.  You came to a great place for fear reduction!  I have a hard time with cones and seeds beads and loopies.  yeah!  You did a great job.  Did you make the hoops.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catdaddytn
april again
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009 08:26:04 AM »

I actually did not make them, I got them in a finding binge when the base metal stuff was 50% off and I just liked the look of em...but after you say that I wonder, those cant be THAT hard to make...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Minute Makeup Tutorial
An Easy Way to Apply Eyeliner
How to Get Gorgeous With Charlotte Tilbury
VF COLLECTIONS: Angel Sanchez Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
VF COLLECTIONS: Jenny Packham Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...