A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,447
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 30 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 29549 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #750 on: September 21, 2009 10:02:37 AM »

Ugh. I feel like I got punched in the jaw...the dentist appointment was...well ok. I guess. I go to the "School of Dentistry" at U of M which means I get the same quality work as a dentist's office for much cheaper. But the price I pay is a lot more waiting time, since the students need to check in with instructors between stages. I got a filling filled and it only took...3 hours  Embarrassed 3 more to go and then the next set of appointments to get a crown.  Sad I need to stop thinking about it. I'm going to be going to the dentist forever!

On a crafty note, I tried to send out my claims at the local Meijer since the PO website said they have postal services and it was the closest to me; the PO did not say that Meijer doesn't ship internationally soooo...I still need to send out the claims. My face hurts right now so it might just have to wait until tomorrow, but they will be going soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #751 on: September 21, 2009 10:15:30 AM »

lapoli does have nice handwriting... as does l2e...

YAY, a2k!  *fingers crossed for you*

I haven't done much of anything this morning, other than screw around on facebook apps/games and eat leftover quiche (mmmmm quiche), I should probably go downstairs and hang out with Q and maybe do a little crocheting, rather than being a bum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #752 on: September 21, 2009 10:44:21 AM »

good morning everyone! Well it's actually afternoon now. I had a nice relaxing morning, slept in, and took a shower, just finished lunch.
Have to make my grocery list and then I can do some more sewing.
We had a huge breakthrough with Lexi on Saturday night. She finally learned "speak" and has since been telling up when she needs out! We'll see how today goes, but yesterday she told me every time!
*happy dance*
Well off to do that grocery list and organize the coupons I'll need!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2009 10:50:53 AM »

Ack, Sheep I hope you feel better soon.  I remember my days as a poor college kid. 

How was Q's Bday Zelda? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #754 on: September 21, 2009 10:52:03 AM »

A2K, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya! Smiley

lapoli does have nice handwriting... as does l2e...

I can confirm that lapoli's handwriting is great!  And I'd like to dispute the comment that I have decent handwriting (unless you're looking for something that looks like it was written by an elementary school kid) Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #755 on: September 21, 2009 10:57:56 AM »

Good luck A2K!!

atsuko, Lana looks so happy and adorable in her dress!! I'm so glad you guys had a blast at the Renn Fest!

Feel better sheepBlue- dentist work is the worst.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #756 on: September 21, 2009 11:04:48 AM »

I forgot to mention that I did swing by Joanns (despite feeling crappy from the dentist) just because I didn't want to have to make another trip again and I must say the world is upside-down LOL I bought two things of yarn and I don't even knit or crochet (yet - I'm determined to master one if not both skills). You guys are influencing me a bit much I think  Cheesy Wink

Also ice cream is such a great lunch. I didn't feel like eating but I knew I should just because I was getting light-headed when walking around, but it did the trick. No chewing required.

Ugh gotta go grocery shopping sometime today. I'm hoping to either work some more on my weaving or pick up some knitting needles again and give that another shot.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #757 on: September 21, 2009 12:23:15 PM »

How was Q's Bday Zelda? 

It went well, I think... we had fun mini golfing and then his grandparents kidnapped him and took him to the lego store to pick out his present (they were actually late to the grilling part of the party, haha)... I kind of disappeared for most of the grilling/eating/ice cream cake/present opening because I wasn't feeling well, but he had fun, and got lots of legos and playmobil toys... that apparently were a big hit with the adults too. 

Finished the body of the sweater, now on to the sleeves!  YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

« Reply #758 on: September 21, 2009 12:48:55 PM »

I salvaged half of it, but when I originally went to unwind the skein, it tangled immediately. I don't know if I can get the rest untangled without cutting a few times. It seriously makes me want to cry when I look at the tangled bag of gorgeous yarn. I did get a "magic loom" set from the antique mall so I'm going to use the bits to make small woven patches. I think it'd make a neat bag.

Oh! SML - There is a group on Ravelry for people who LOVE untangling skeins of yarn.  I'm not lying.  I think they are divided up geographically.  If you're interested, I can track down more info to share with you.. They may be able to help and you might be able to salvage the handspun.

Ah-- here you are!

SML, I also love untangling and I don't cut. PM me and I'll work out a deal! You should see the tangle I'm working on now. Almost finished -- 1100 yards of lace weight yarn! no cuts.

I popped in to hear all the chatter. Catching up like 5 day's worth.

Missed Lana's pic, hope you get the job a2k, bluesheep, awww sorry you are hurting. Hi to everyone else! I'm mailing off and will have points soon!

Mark needs me to do a job so gotta run!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

« Reply #759 on: September 21, 2009 01:34:07 PM »

Anyone have suggestions on what to do with cinnamon basil?

Jelly!!  Boil the cinnamon basil like a tea, strain and make jelly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Final Cut Transitions in Final Cut Pro Tutorial
Above and Below the Line Budgeting
Pulling Focus in Filmmaking
Learn About the Dutch Tilt in Film Making
The Difference Between High and Low Key Lighting
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...