A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 30 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 31085 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #720 on: September 20, 2009 05:03:29 PM »

Here's their website :  http://www.knitdenise.com/   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #721 on: September 20, 2009 05:04:58 PM »

I actually went through all my needles/hooks the other day and updated my little chart on ravelry so I am looking for needles to fill in the holes...

You guys have been pretty chatty today.  I've been working on cc's sweater most of the day, almost done with the body (and the first ball of yarn), so I should have that in my shop in the next day or two... I also started another monster washcloth.  

Those mushroom cuffs are so adorable, lapoli... as are those ornaments, sheepBlue.

And yep, it was me that had the belly warmers... I was going to be making some for myself in a while, but as preggo belly covers... if I can get my to do list a little shorter I would be up for offering them again... they were made from knits (and I still have lots of knits in my stash).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: September 20, 2009 05:55:37 PM »

I've been playing with the loom I got from mlf tonight and its so great! I'm such a newbie so I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with the weaving once I'm done, but I'm gonna go search the interwebs for ideas while listening to interview with the vampire on tv.

And yay I get the next two days off, and I think after my dentist appointment tomorrow  Undecided and after hitting the PO to send out some packages I'm going to check out Joanns armed with about 10 coupons (!!!). I really don't need anything, but how can you pass up a crazy sale like this? I'll try not to spend too much money.... Roll Eyes The longer I'm in this swap the more I start wanting to do fiber fun hehe. I'm getting a crochet kit from the OWS soon so we'll see if I have any talent at that soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #723 on: September 20, 2009 06:25:30 PM »

sheepBlue - Pictures! Wink Seriously though, newbie weaving = so fun. I have some really awesome sock yarn from the noodle princess that is screaming to be made into a little scarf of something.

I salvaged half of it, but when I originally went to unwind the skein, it tangled immediately. I don't know if I can get the rest untangled without cutting a few times. It seriously makes me want to cry when I look at the tangled bag of gorgeous yarn. I did get a "magic loom" set from the antique mall so I'm going to use the bits to make small woven patches. I think it'd make a neat bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #724 on: September 20, 2009 06:33:24 PM »

That Denise kit is awesome!! I am going to get it next time I place an order with The Woolery. Thanks so much lapoli!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #725 on: September 20, 2009 06:59:33 PM »

I second the awesomeness of the knitting kit. I think I want the pink kit. I love the knitting in the spirit of breast cancer awareness and donations. Yay! I think this needs to go on the Christmas lists. Wink Do they sell these at Hobby Lobby because I feel like I've seen them before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #726 on: September 20, 2009 07:04:46 PM »

Do they sell these at Hobby Lobby because I feel like I've seen them before.

I'm not sure if they do as we don't have a Hobby Lobby near us.  I know that AC Moore sells the Susan Bates interchangeables but I really love the Denises.  The more you knit, you'll find they're not perfect for some things but I'd say that easily 90% of my knitting happens on my Denises.  There are other kits available, too.  Knit Picks makes a great kit as does Addi Turbos (though the latter are a lot more expensive).  Knit Picks would be my next suggestion if you can't find the Denise set anywhere. Smiley
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009 07:05:28 PM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

View Profile WWW
« Reply #727 on: September 20, 2009 07:08:49 PM »

I salvaged half of it, but when I originally went to unwind the skein, it tangled immediately. I don't know if I can get the rest untangled without cutting a few times. It seriously makes me want to cry when I look at the tangled bag of gorgeous yarn. I did get a "magic loom" set from the antique mall so I'm going to use the bits to make small woven patches. I think it'd make a neat bag.

Oh! SML - There is a group on Ravelry for people who LOVE untangling skeins of yarn.  I'm not lying.  I think they are divided up geographically.  If you're interested, I can track down more info to share with you.. They may be able to help and you might be able to salvage the handspun.

Ah-- here you are!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009 07:10:54 PM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #728 on: September 20, 2009 07:09:53 PM »

Congrats Gavagai!!  Grin Grin

Good luck to your A2K!  Cheesy Cheesy

Love all the wonderful new goodies everyone!!   Smiley Cheesy Grin Wink

Had a grand time at the Ren Fest today!  Lana wore her awesome gown that Ptarmic made her last year  (It was big on her last year and fits nicely now, but still a tad long...maybe I can even stretch it for another year!!
Here's she is with the town's rat catcher!

She is also going to wear this at Halloween for her school's parade.  She loves it!!!  Thanks again Ptarmic!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #729 on: September 20, 2009 07:29:52 PM »

Oh my goodness! She's just so adorable! I love that picture. She really just fits in everywhere doesn't she? She seems so happy all the time.  Grin

Thanks lapoli, I'm going to check that out! It's a lovely merino sock yarn and it really would be a shame to chop it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Halloween Tablecloth
Designing a Quick and Easy Halloween Bag
How to Craft Shriveled Halloween Heads
How to Use Weaving Loom - Positioning the Loom
How to Use Weaving Loom - Separating Yarn
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...