A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,491
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 30 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 32249 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #840 on: September 25, 2009 04:10:50 PM »

I finally opened my shop!  Grin

Please check it out!   I am totally open to doing customs as well, I make TONES of stuff, if it can be sewn, I can make it, just pm me with your ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #841 on: September 25, 2009 04:36:17 PM »

Sweet office gavagai! With windows!! I'd put some potted plants on some of the shelves, books on others, little vases and doodads on others. Man, I wish I didn't have a green carpeted cube.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #842 on: September 25, 2009 04:46:06 PM »

Am I wrong to think that that space looks like the perfect craft space with all the lighting and shelving.... Grin I think a bit of green with plants is definitely a great idea! I always love having a few small toys to keep my hands busy sometimes when talking with people or just for plain playing with  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #843 on: September 25, 2009 05:06:57 PM »

gavagai, I'd wrap some cardboard or foam pieces with Ikea fabric and set them on the shelves like someone would display a plate. (Do you know what I mean? You rest the plate on this inverted "v" shape and it displays the plate while keeping it upright.) That'd be a quick and simple way to bring some pops of color in there.

I second the plants idea, too. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #844 on: September 25, 2009 07:11:03 PM »

I'm starting my first pair of crocheted fingerless gloves, wish me luck guys! I picked this pattern that I'm using the 99 cent Bernat Cashmere Natural blends in pink and white. My step daughter has asked me for a pair of fingerless gloves for forever now, so I figure it'd make a good stocking stuffer. http://www.naturallycaron.com/projects/memphis/memphis_1.html Anybody ever tried these?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
Nesse
« Reply #845 on: September 25, 2009 08:34:39 PM »

leighi, your stuff is so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #846 on: September 25, 2009 09:51:12 PM »

so I am testing a crochet pattern for someone who's blog I found through ravelry and while I was just looking through their past blog posts I came across these... http://www.flickr.com/photos/98299499@N00/3346399360/  *squeals over the adorableness* 
Ohhh, and here they are on Rav... free pattern... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/norwegian-totoro-mittens
*WANT*

I think I just found the pattern that would get me to keep trying on color knit Cheesy I have to learn I just need something that's not too big (=mittens or smaller) and that has a pattern that I adore (TOTORO FTW!) ^^

Yay...thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
gavagai
« Reply #847 on: September 26, 2009 12:40:09 AM »

gavagai, I'd wrap some cardboard or foam pieces with Ikea fabric and set them on the shelves like someone would display a plate. (Do you know what I mean? You rest the plate on this inverted "v" shape and it displays the plate while keeping it upright.) That'd be a quick and simple way to bring some pops of color in there.

I second the plants idea, too. Wink

Yes, that is a good idea (and I will get plants  Smiley). I ws also thinking that I may put up IKEA fabrics (or other fabrics) as a background on some of the shelves, i.e. fasten the fabric to the "back wall" of some of the shelves. Something like this, even though this is a very bad picture and not the fabrics I want to use (but you get the idea).  Smiley

Also, I would love to turn the office into a craft room, but I am not sure my boss would agree.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009 12:41:25 AM by gavagai » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
gavagai
« Reply #848 on: September 26, 2009 01:27:08 AM »

By the way, the job I have now is formally a temporary position. I am filling in for someone who got another job where she is filling in for someone who moved and got another job. So, by the end of the year the first person in the chain (who moved) will say if she is keeping her new job, and if she is the second person will most likely keep hers and I will get mine as a steady job.

Anyway, if that happens, which is likely, I will get a new office, since the whole department is moving to what is now a construction site. We got to see our offices to be though, that are now kind of finished, but without furniture. This would be mine:

I like it. I even like that diagonal thing across the window. I look at it as a decorating challenge. I would like to have some kind of creatures climbing it. Outside of the window is not the outside, but a huge entrance hall, and the spaceship thing you see to the right is a lounge/computer area for the students.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
KLKing
Sewing Mentor

"Craftophrenia"~ Dabbling in Everything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: September 26, 2009 01:40:43 AM »

How about some skiing stuffies? They could be poppets, people, or creatures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Anne Truitt on Her Work
A Conversation with Christina Lauren
Jamie Ford: Sadness of Seattle Sparked Writing Career
Delia Ephron: Your Writing Is Your Fingerprint
Tom Clavin: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...