A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 30 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 29355 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ptarmic wumpus
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You are in room 2

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #410 on: September 11, 2009 11:21:08 PM »

My mother said I can have her drum carder, but she is ~2000 miles away, and it is big and heavy. Hmmm.

Tomorrow is going to be cold (maybe only in the 40s) and probably wet (we need rain), I get to stay home and craft most of the day.  Lots of scarf dyeing planned, plus some sewing! And zucchini soup, tomato slow-roasting, and sugar skull felting. On Sunday I am totally free all day - one of two days of freedom in the month of September. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #411 on: September 11, 2009 11:28:58 PM »

zucchini soup sounds yummy....we have a 4 day forecast of late summer weather this weekend.  So I'll be making green bean pickles, beet pickles and carrot pickles.  after I harvest some vegetable bounty from my aunts garden.  then I'll be finishing up staining the trim on my deck.  then cleaning the garden beds.  I can't wait for some crappy weather so I can stay inside and craft something or other. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 12, 2009 01:00:25 AM »

I snuck in some crafting today. Fancy dress ball on the 17th and my son wanted to be a mage so I whipped out the patterns I got a few rounds ago and it is now half sewn/half pinned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #413 on: September 12, 2009 02:00:50 AM »

For the last year or so I have been home with Mika part time and working part time holding craft courses and some other small jobs, but now Mika got a place at a kindergarden/pre-school (kindergardens/pre-schools are like public schools here, so everyone has a right to a place there and you pay more or less (but not much) according to what you earn), and I thought it's time to start working "for real". I am not the stay-at-home-mom type (not that that is ONE specific type, but I get frustrated not having a job to go to). Could mention that we have shared that role for the last year though, so my SO has also been working part time and being home with Mika part time (there are also generous maternal/paternal leave rules/payment here).

Anyway, to the point... I have been to two employment interviews last week (both with the same employer, but it's a huge employer and very different departments). They called and said I got the first job the day after the first interview (yay!  Grin), but the problem is that the second job is more qualified (probably not the right word): more responsibility, own office... so I had to tell the people at the first place that I have to wait until I got the answer from the second place before deciding. Now the second place tells me that it's a choice between me and another person. They recommended me, but since the other person is already with the same employer, they have to get permission from some other department (that handles employments) before they can hire someone from without instead, and I don't know their policies on this, so I won't know until they have had a meeting on Wednesday if I get that job. The people at the first place are not happy, since they need someone ASAP. I just hope they will wait until Wednesday anyway. Tricky situation, and I would just hate if I didn't get any of the jobs, since they both seem really great! (will tell you what jobs they are if I get them.) Just had to ramble a bit about it. I have been walking around here for the last days, all nervous waiting for phone calls.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 12, 2009 02:47:23 AM »

hey, are any of you wonderful, super, knitting wonders able to add a pair of "bellas mittens" to your shop? 

I could, if you like grey wool. Which is curently the only bulky in my stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #415 on: September 12, 2009 02:54:59 AM »

gavagai - It sounds like you are in a precarious position.  I always get nerved up when I apply -- if I manage to land an interview, I'll probably bust at the seams.  Wanting to work makes the whole process more anxiety-provoking!  I have always enjoyed working.  I got my Social Security life earnings record yesterday -- the yearly tallies are so revealing.  There is a 6 year gap in my employment record where I stayed home raising children.  Then the earnings are just slim as work was hard to find.  I wouldn't do anything different, but those were some trying times!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and an prayer in my heart!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AsphaltQueen
« Reply #416 on: September 12, 2009 03:57:26 AM »

gavagai, sending good thoughts across the ocean to you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: September 12, 2009 03:59:28 AM »

hey, are any of you wonderful, super, knitting wonders able to add a pair of "bellas mittens" to your shop? 

I may be able to.  What color did you want?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #418 on: September 12, 2009 04:12:39 AM »

sigh. sweden rocks. i'm such a swedeophile, lol! good luck gavagai, and how fun that mika is in school now!

everyone here sounds so productive! i've barely been able to do one creative thing a day lately, dunno why i'm so "craft constipated" Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: September 12, 2009 05:01:54 AM »

gavagai - good luck on the jobs! I was in somewhat of a similar situation a couple years back when I was looking for a job. For months it was nothing and then out of no where, the two interviews I went on both called and said they wanted to hire me. Of course!

Last night I was working on a couple of silhouette paintings for my shop - they're super cute and I think I should be able to finish them up today providing that it doesn't rain outside so I can finish them with a coat of gloss...which makes me wonder how I'm going to manage using my aerosol type arsenal when we're locked in the house because of snow  Undecided Meh...the pleasant perfect weather in Michigan is around for far too short of a period and I don't like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spelman College President Explains Gap In HBCU Alumni Giving
Why Do We Still Need HBCUs Today?
Spelman College President: ‘Resources Are The Critical Question’ For HBCUs
Spelman College President Talks ‘Privilege’ In Higher Ed
Spelman College President Beverly Tatum
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...