A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,774
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 30 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 30407 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #370 on: September 10, 2009 03:13:24 PM »

I can't remember who was making the custom tags? They were for sewing on I think? Or perhaps ironing I can't remember.
If that person is still up for it I'd like to claim some! PM me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #371 on: September 10, 2009 03:24:05 PM »

OWS is great!
Yup, I'd be your friend Freestyle, but I'm swamped crafting away for a pal...we might do another IYP if the timing works otherwise a personal swap.  And I also need to make more goodies for my poor shop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 10, 2009 04:45:28 PM »

I've started knitting my first sock, for the second time, due to gauge issues. So far its not terribly exciting. I'm doing an afterthought heel so it's just a (very) slowly growing tube. I might have to grab another set of dpns in the same size and do the heel just to offset the boredom. They're for a Christmas present but may end up in the shop if they are too large. They seem larger than commercially bought socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: September 10, 2009 05:24:22 PM »

So it was brought up in the most recent IYP that maybe I should do some bunny paintings for my shop. I don't have the money to buy canvas for all of it, but I could do it on a thick paper so it could be matted or framed. Is there any interest in something like this?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #374 on: September 10, 2009 05:30:12 PM »

Score on the loom! I don't use mine enough. I need to warp it for the fiber swap right now. I've got to make a miniature blanket for my partner's dollhouse. 1:12 scale. Does anyone have any advice for this?? From what I've found, it should be about 6 1/2" by 6 1/2". I don't know how to do it to look to scale though. I was thinking of using sock yarn. I'll probably do a mini quilt too. I've never done anything like this.

I've been so swamped lately. I'm only taking one class and it's consuming my life. I'm super paranoid I'll fail art. How silly is that? I guess it's because I care. I seem to be one of the only art majors in Art Appreciation. Plus, I did really poorly back when I first tried school. You'd think that I'd have more confidence now that I'm 25 with a family. I wasn't even 18 when I started.

I'm pretty sure lapoli was doing those tags, right?

Oh and speaking of looms, I found a little starter loom at the antique mall. I'm not sure if it has all its pieces, but it looked complete. It's a small metal loom. Anyone interested? I could go pick it up tomorrow and put it up for a point. It was like $6 or $7.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009 05:31:44 PM by SewMamaLady » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homespun gifts for your friends and family!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/shallwespinmydear
Will be posting more items soon. Check back!
lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: September 10, 2009 05:33:09 PM »

SML - You should have more confidence in yourself!  My mom has spent her whole life scared of what she's capable of doing.. when she finally took some college courses, she got straight As!   (Besides, you've got life experience to all those youngins!)

And Eliea, it was oneredboot, not me. Smiley  My logo just happened to be on the tags in her shop.  They're very cute.. I'd recommend them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #376 on: September 10, 2009 05:35:53 PM »

SML - You should have more confidence in yourself!  My mom has spent her whole life scared of what she's capable of doing.. when she finally took some college courses, she got straight As!   (Besides, you've got life experience to all those youngins!)

And Eliea, it was oneredboot, not me. Smiley  My logo just happened to be on the tags in her shop.  They're very cute.. I'd recommend them!
Thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #377 on: September 10, 2009 05:41:58 PM »

Well I think that I probably got mixed up by the cute stuff in both of your shops too. I'm always having to scroll quickly past your shop lapoli, I could spend one point at a time on fiber and have...  Cheesy I love all the natural products. I really wanted one of those laundry gift baskets. They were lovely!

Thanks for the confidence cheer. It is something I'm working on. I think actually, the reason I am like this is because my mother was also. It's something hard to snap out of, but I do think that once I'm out of this first class and moving onto more serious classes I'll feel much better. I sort of feel like this is the ultimate test on whether or not I can do it. Last night I got myself 4 chapters ahead, so that I'll know what's going on should something unexpected pop up on a test!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #378 on: September 10, 2009 06:11:27 PM »

... I'll fail art.

I just read this as "fart art"... I think I just need to go to bed.

I need some of those tags too... but it will have to wait, I have Mario polyclay ornaments in the works from freestyle and socks from sewknitter (YAY!)... oh and no points at the moment, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SewMamaLady

I heart handmade!!

« Reply #379 on: September 10, 2009 06:27:44 PM »

LOL I guess there's danger of that too. You never know. hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How a Viewer is Affected by your Image
How to Create a Complimentary Background for a Portrait
How to use Props in Your Images Part 1/2
How to use Props in Your Images Part 2/2
How your Framing Device Affects your Image Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...