A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,647
Currently Running With Scissors:
804 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Another Quarter worth of work (PIC HEAVY!)  (Read 790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Roterosen
« on: June 08, 2010 12:02:44 PM »

OK so I am just finishing up my fifth quarter as a ceramic student, I am mainly a hand building sculptor, the following are SOME of the last three quarters pieces.

These are a few of the pendant's I made, a mix of lowfire glazes that went into lowfire and Raku then finished with acrylic.

This beautiful plate was thrown very thick on the wheel and then he carved through one side when trimming, I stole it and carved the rest of the design.

Same friend threw this very thin plate, this is the third time we've attempted to achieve this design and the only one to really work. I am SOOO pleased with how it came out!

I had a blast with this piece and it sold almost instantly at the pottery sale our school did. Thrown by a friend, he accidentally trimmed through the rim of it but the flat plate was to nice for me to let him destroy it.  

My friends not to happy with this one, but for me it was fun to just do, there was no design in mind but it reminds me very much of a cookies for Santa plate for young children.

These are hand built via a slab technique, a soap and tooth brush set, the tooth brush cup has holes in the bottom for drainage.

Garden tomato with attitude, sleeping sweet peas, and the evil carrot (I used a low fire glaze then tortured it in Raku)

Dragon head that sits in my Rosemary bush.

The first bathroom set I did, toothbrush holder with holes in bottom, soap dispenser, jewelry catch, and hair-tie cup. It's done in a seed theme, so seed, sprout and tree.

I have more fun pieces coming real soon so please keep an eye out, including dream catchers, teapots, and a belly dancer.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010 08:57:26 PM by Roterosen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NEVER apologize for your art
nougatgee
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010 07:04:47 AM »

these are great!! well done!!  my favourites are the plates, the peas in the pod and the round wall hanging and the first hearts.  i'm looking forward to seeing what else you've produced!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maxxev
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010 11:04:08 AM »

i love the blue celtic plate. beautiful!
and i really like the richness of that blue glaze Smiley

i like the peas in pod and the leaf shaped jewellery catch too. i just love the simplistic shape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty gurll
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010 07:39:14 PM »

The tree plate etching is gorgeous!  I love handbuilding too, so much funner than the wheel.   Cheesy  Great stuff all around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Zombies Help Kids Learn Movie Making
Sherry Lansing: The Role of a Studio Head
Sherry Lansing: Strong, Honest and Nice
Sherry Lansing: The Fight to Make a Movie
Sherry Lansing: A Third Chapter
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...