A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 304,877
Currently Running With Scissors:
776 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No-sew Sink Skirt - Soooo much cuter than the stuff they sold in the store!  (Read 12652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lizzle
« on: August 29, 2009 08:16:22 AM »

When I moved into my new place a few months ago, I knew I'd need a sink skirt because there were very visible, very ugly pipes under the sink in my bathroom.  I looked in stores and couldn't find anything that I liked because 1) they all attach to the outside of your sink, which made me cringe a little (it would get yucky so fast!) and 2) all the ones in the stores were so ugly.  I couldn't find one in my price range that didn't look like it came from Grandma's bathroom in the seventies.  So what's a crafty gal to do?  Make it myself, of course!

My friend is borrowing my sewing machine, so I made it almost entirely without touching a needle and thread.  Have a look!

If you're interested in learning how to make one yourself, you can find the full tutorial on the blog I write for.  http://www.boredla.com/craftiness-is-next-to-godliness-sink-skirt-minus-sewing/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009 08:50:26 AM »

so cute! i'll keep this in mind for when i run into this problem (i looove old dwellings, and live in an old neighborhood)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009 10:45:19 AM »

I too will remember this is I ever need it..... I actually cant wait to move anyways.
Now I hope I have a pedestal sink so I can do this!!  I love your fabric choice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009 11:05:31 AM »

oh man i love this!! i totally need one, i have the same issue, ugly pipes showing!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Lizzle
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009 07:34:13 PM »

Pennydreadfull, you should totally give it a shot.  Let me know how it turns out if you do!

And melyssa_marie, old houses are the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jodielayne
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009 12:50:13 PM »

My friend who flips houses is always looking for sink skirts and now we'll be able to make 'em for cheap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lizzle
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2009 11:10:19 PM »

Ooh, good luck!  I imagine that they'd be a good, inexpensive way to get a house looking more polished before you sell it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CandidCrocheter

<3Live Fast<3Die Pretty<3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2009 08:36:28 PM »

I'm so glad you posted this idea. i have an almost identical sink and i've been trying to think of a way to make it look not so old and make the bathroom come together better. thank you thank you thank you! even my bf loves it and he is quite picky about housewares.
the bathroom basically as a whole.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2009 09:13:31 PM by CandidCrocheter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lizzle
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009 12:56:59 PM »

Wow, Candid, that skirt looks great! It goes perfectly with your bathroom and, like you said, pulls the whole thing together.  I'm incredibly flattered that you used my idea in your house and I'm glad it turned out well.

I love the vintage tile work in your bathroom as well.  I have similar tiles in white with yellow trim (not as hideous as it sounds, though I didn't have much choice in the matter, since it's a rental) and it definitely gives the room character...though it does sort of dictate how you have to decorate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CandidCrocheter

<3Live Fast<3Die Pretty<3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009 09:27:56 AM »

yea i really loved the idea. thank you thank you. i like the way the fabric takes the bathroom as far as a sort of style. so i'm pretty excited, i think a new shower curtain is in the works. the floors are original to the house (1952) the walls and around the shower all match but were added recently (not by us). we don't love the tile but i sure like it better now that i figured out what works with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Summer Pedicure Inspiration
Hot Lip Colors for Summer
Peace Sign Nail Art Tutorial
Get Cindy Crawford’s Beauty Mark
SKINSHIFT Supplements That Will Help and Fix Your Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...