A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Favorite skirt patterns?  (Read 4708 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Chickey
Alaskan blend: cold-pressed, almost undrinkable.

Like, y'know, whatever.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 13, 2005 10:35:39 AM »

Alright, crafty folks!

What's your favorite skirt pattern?  It's spring (in the western hemisphere) and we should be making and/or wearing cute springy skirts!  (The ladies, at least...gentlemen, feel free to join the skirt-wearing frenzy!   Wink)

If you've made your own and love it, tell us about it!  If you like a commercial pattern the most, tell us about that too -- and include a link to the pattern online if you've got one!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'm not left-handed either." - The Princess Bride
JennaPotter
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005 12:01:09 PM »

Any of the current Simplicity skirt patterns are really cute. And they fit well too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squirrellypoo

Sew sew sew scandalous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005 04:03:01 PM »

I really like New Look 6843. It's a really easy A-line skirt (only 3 pieces!) that looks great each time I make it...

Here's one straightforward example of it, taken about 2 years ago:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fehr Trade - custom clothing
Whtsmypaswrd
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005 05:16:14 PM »

I just have to say that I've seen squirrelypoo's icon several times and it always makes me think-wow she must like Molly Shannon to have her as her icon. Now I realize that's a picture of yourself! I'm stunned.

I hope you take that as a compliment because I understand not everyone likes looking like someone else. I've been told I look like everyone from Princess Diana to Kelly Osbourne (the celebrity is always English, I don't get it!).

And as for skirts, I have no suggestions because I've killed my 1970's avocado Sears sewing machine. I am sad but hopeful that it will rise again-like the brave green phoenix I know it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a remembrance of the inert that's taken to dancing. Everything is all the same.

Michael McClure
squirrellypoo

Sew sew sew scandalous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005 03:42:22 AM »

I just have to say that I've seen squirrelypoo's icon several times and it always makes me think-wow she must like Molly Shannon to have her as her icon. Now I realize that's a picture of yourself! I'm stunned.
hahah, that's really funny! I've never been compared to her before, I always just get that I look like my distant Aunt Karen, or somebody's friend... Now if I only had her short skirts and pants, I'd start auditioning for SNL myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

EstellaLuna
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005 09:12:02 AM »

Squirrelypoo, I love what you have done with the New Look 6843 pattern. I have it, and my skirt came out 4 sizes too small!!! Whats the secret to getting a perfect fit? - It was my first clothing pattern...  Im about a size 12, and made the pattern to size 16 -JUST IN CASE! ...so sad...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MizMosa
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005 10:38:23 AM »

http://www.simplicity.com/assets/6159/6159.jpg

I love love LOVE the A-line skirt in New Look 6159.  I've made it 3 times.  I prefer a side zipper to a back one, so instead of cutting the back out as the patterns says I usually just cut it on the fold so I end up with 2 main pieces(a front and back).  I always end up with a very cute, versatile skirt that I can wear to work or just for running around. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squirrellypoo

Sew sew sew scandalous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005 11:13:09 AM »

Squirrelypoo, I love what you have done with the New Look 6843 pattern. I have it, and my skirt came out 4 sizes too small!!! Whats the secret to getting a perfect fit? - It was my first clothing pattern...  Im about a size 12, and made the pattern to size 16 -JUST IN CASE! ...so sad...
I think in my case it's just a matter of knowing my body shape vs the "ideal pattern body shape". I usually wear a UK 14 (roughly a US 12), but I have no waist to speak of (boyish figure), so I just made the pattern 16 and left out all the waist darts and cut myself a waistband that was my "waist" measurement +4 inches for the flap. I put "waist" in quotes because I wanted it to sit where my jeans usually do, not at my natural waist!

I've made this pattern so many times that I don't even get out the pattern envelope anymore - all the pieces are copied onto butcher's paper and I know the instructions by heart anyway. Smiley

Edit: oh and here is a less straightforward example of the same pattern if you're interested. I've got a couple more but they're not photographed...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2005 11:15:34 AM by squirrellypoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

missgurle17
Miss Dana Rae

XoXo, Dana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005 02:33:48 PM »

New Look 6203, It was the first skirt I've ever made, and it was really easy, easy instructions and everything. It had a good fit too. Heres a picture (not a me, from the simplicity.com website)

How I helped!

<3, Dana
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010 10:28:13 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

XoXo, Dana Rae

I have 50 gmail invitations, this is a great invite only email service. Email me if you are interested.
dirt_made_my_lunch

don't think twice, it's alright

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2005 07:21:34 PM »

My fave is an old butterick from 1974 or 1975. It was my mom's old cheerleading skirt pattern when she was in HS.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now the wintertime is coming,
The windows are filled with frost.
I went to tell everybody,
But I could not get across.
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby,
I don't wanna be your boss.
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Update a Side Braid Hairstyle
How to Get Christina Hendricks’s Emmys Hairstyle
Trendy Hairstyles for Kids
Hair Straightening Techniques
Sexy Short Hairstyle Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...