A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Perler Bead Sprites! (Edited 12-17-09, now with one more sprite!)  (Read 13423 times)
Tags for this thread: sprite , video_game , perler_bead  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyOctober
« on: August 27, 2009 05:07:18 PM »

I really did not know where else these would go... in a way, they kind of are image reproduction techniques, but that board is more for t-shirts and stencils, so here you go!

Most of these big ones are from a Capcom vs. SNK card game on the NeoGeo. I just really like the sprites and they are huge! This is Hsien-Ko from Darkstalkers.

This one is Elena from Street Fighter III 3rd Strike. My boyfriend uses her from time to time when he plays, and his more frequent fighter, Ibuki, is next on my list.

This one is my most recent one. I ran out of black, so she's not quite finished yet. It's Morrigan from Darkstalkers.

Here's Sailor Jupiter. I plan on making all the Sailor Senshi once I get off my Capcom card kick. I somehow put a flesh colored bead on her earring where a red one should have gone, I have no idea how that happened.

Please let me know what you think! I've made a ton more, but these are just a few of my favorites, and so far I've only made the three big card ones.

ETA: I am so excited to be in a featured article! Cool! And it reminded me that I never posted Ibuki up here, since I said I would make her and certainly did. So here she is! The bf prefers playing her in her turquoise color option, so I had to alter the color since the original sprite had her in her default khaki. I'm pretty proud of the job I did without recoloring the reference sprite!

Also, here's the completed Morrigan. All of these are hanging on our hallway wall, so it's difficult to get a decent picture since the lighting is so poor.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009 09:53:07 AM by CraftyOctober » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Craftster Best of 2011 Winner!

Yup, definitely not hipster enough for Craftster.
TrickyMcVomit
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Uniclown.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 05:47:46 PM »

WOW
THIS ROCKS   Logged
offkilter
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009 05:50:46 PM »

Oh, man I so wish I had the patience to do this sort of thing. But I'm more like the, "grant me patience - NOW!" kind of gal. This is great though!  Cool
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009 05:54:09 PM by offkilter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is a method to my madness. Not really.
cursive_queen
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009 06:26:07 PM »

awesome awesome awesome!  Where do you find the pegboards that snap together like that?  Also, do you grid out and do all the colors on your own or do you use a program or something to know how to get all the shading right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009 08:06:33 PM »

That's pretty amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
CraftyOctober
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009 08:45:38 PM »

Wow, thank you guys so much!

Offkilter, I'm normally so impatient myself; I'm all about instant gratification (which is why I can never seem to finish anything that requires sewing or painting), but this is kind of... meditative, I guess. Like crocheting, which I also love, the repetitive motions are relaxing and fun and in no time at all you have something coherent and awesome!

And cursive_queen, I got the pegboards at my local craft store. Michael's carries them, usually in the section where they have kids' crafts (when I first started making bead sprites, I bought a bucket of 11000 beads there too. It took me a week to sort them all out. I'll never do that again!). I actually don't use any grids or anything; I just take the sprite I want, blow it up really big, and then eyeball it. I look at it like playing Tetris; certain shapes of pixels kind of look like Tetris shapes, so I place beads accordingly! But there are programs out there on the internet, one called Perler Pal in particular, that you can download to grid out pictures for beading. Perler Pal will even tell you exactly which colors and how many beads you'll need, from what I've heard from people who've used it. Pretty handy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a Craftster Best of 2011 Winner!

Yup, definitely not hipster enough for Craftster.
offkilter
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009 09:15:28 PM »

I can sit still long enough for painting (still trying to work thru decoupage demons) - but anything to do w/sewing, quilting, knitting, crocheting, etc - I just can't hang! I think I'm going to try out the Perler beads. Something a little smaller than yours though lol If I start out small then there will be less beads all over my floor when I get torked and throw it after it doesn't come out right lol. Yours is truly awesome though. Thumbs up!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is a method to my madness. Not really.
jennygurl
He knows me better than I know myself

Smile til it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009 04:32:00 PM »

thats pretty b.a. lol I'm gonna do this only with really girly images such as...hello kitty...anyone?? :)If I ever get around to really doing this lol I'll post my results on here~ Jenn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness" Psalm 17:15
http://beautymania.ecrater.com/-beauty on a budget
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009 11:36:02 AM »

first I have to thank you for mentioning which game you got your sprites from.  those will come in very handy with my Marvel vs. Capcom/Darkstalkers/Morrigan/Lilith/Felicia obsession.  Grin Grin  I'm not sure where you get your sprites, but I thought I'd mention that I get mine here.

now on to the projects themselves; OMG!!!  these are awesome!!!  I typically cross stitch or bead sprites, but this is amazing!  I never would have thought about using Perler Beads (I miss having them), but the more I see people do this, the more I want to pick up this habit myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Lanysmiles
the conscience midget

it helps to smile, once in a while

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009 11:49:34 AM »

wow- amazing work :3
very nice indeed Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Julia Gregson Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Meet Authors Mary and Carol Higgins Clark
Rick Warren Reveals Who He Identifies Most
Susan Cheever Talks About Louisa May Alcott
Joseph A. Califano Jr. Talks About How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...