A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,403
Currently Running With Scissors:
834 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lost Art of Embroidery  (Read 24572 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

veruca_petunia
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2003 02:55:41 PM »

i just bought some sublimestitching patterns - i cant wait for them to come! they look like so much fun - gosh im gonna be busy - i've got a bunch of other things im working on too Smiley i love being crafty! those bird designs were neat, thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...sweet dreams 'till sunbeams find you...
Uglytrollgirl

I eat lead paint and i cannot lie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2003 06:50:45 PM »

I posted this somewhere else on the board, but i just wanted to add here as well, rubber stamps also make good embroidery patterns.  Since they are outline designs, it serves the same purpose as an iron on.

-jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIY or die
veruca_petunia
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2003 01:49:54 PM »

I was talking to my mom about embroidery and she said that she used to embroider blank cards to send to people, - i thought that was pretty cool. Too bad she didn't save any of them. i never knew that you could embroider paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosebuddy
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2003 11:39:13 AM »

I am on the same jenny hart jag.  I went to brooklyn last weekend, bought a starter kit and some of her patterns, and now, about 4 projects in, I feel like a pro.  It's so damn easy and the instant gratification is right up there with cupcakes.  

The key for me is liking the patterns.  I have a needlepoint that is about 10" sq. that I've been working on for years because all it is is a couple of pommegranites and it bores me.  I always lamented the stuffy nature of needlepoint designs, but I don't have the skills to create my own.  Anyway, I think I've found my craft calling.  Embroidery rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starstruq

Life is not black and white...it's GOLDEN!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2003 02:04:27 PM »

I've finally found a craft where I can make things for my boyfriend!!! He's always asking me to come up with something for him but all the crafty things I make are so girly...eventhough I think he'd be cute in a couple of felt flowers but what do I know!  

He owns a bunch of slim fitting vintage cowboy shirts with flowers, horses and stuff embroidered on them.  He looks really good in them. Smiley  I'm in the process of searching the local thrift stores for a few more that I can embroider myself as a Christmas gift for him.  I'll let you all know how they turn out.

Misty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you dim your light to let someone else shine...the whole world gets a little bit darker.
veruca_petunia
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003 05:21:43 PM »

right on! i just got my patterns today (china town, tattoo, and under the sea), yippe! i walked over to joannes (i just realized that i am in walking distance, btw) and got a bunch o'supplies. i bought this cool canvas tote that has a pocket in the front. its all lined in red, w/ red straps - now i just have to deside what to put on it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aijay
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003 05:55:41 PM »

i bought my sis a denim-type jacket (it was a thinner material though) at a thrift store, and embroidered her nickname cowboy-script style across the back, with some flowers.  best christmas present ever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2003 12:24:03 PM »

One of my best friends is getting married in the spring, and I've been thinking of getting some of the sublime stitching patterns and making dishtowels as wedding presents.  I love the 'traditional-yet-edgy' vibe you get out of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veruca_petunia
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2003 09:51:12 AM »

this is the bag that i did for my first project! it was really fun. She's not perfect (blue eyebrows?) but the project was so gratafying that i don't care!

i also did a chinese take-out box on a teeshirt:

sorry about the bad pics - my camera is a handmedown (is that a word?) from my grandma.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isadora
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2003 08:06:53 AM »

Cute stuff!

I made SO MANY tea towels for Xmas that my hands are still sore! I can't believe it! They were a big hit so far.

I made Sublime Stitching stuff for my cool friends and more cutesy traditional stuff (like Santas) for my family. Everyone seemed relatively pleased and it was so easy and the cost was so low! Hee. My favorite kind of nice Christmas gift!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.isadora-ink.com
Clever Gifts & Greetings
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blackberry Frozen Yoghurt Recipe
How to Make a 5 Minute Cake in a Cup
Easy Eight Apple Cake Recipe
Pineapple and Coconut Crumble Recipe
Cupcake Masterclass: How to Use Buttercream
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...