A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,580
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where The Wild Things Are pattern information, ideas, starting points, etc.  (Read 10050 times)
Tags for this thread: where_the_wild_things_are  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

siddartha999
« on: August 26, 2009 11:27:24 PM »

Greetings all from a Newbie !

Been one of those "Artsy Craftsy" people all my life - always beading, origami[ing], re-working terra-cotta from Mexico, etc.

My current desire is to create / make / a MAX! costume which means that I need to locate a pattern for same.  I am pretty skilled, but not THAT skilled enough to create one from scratch.

I realize that is may well be best to hire this creation out since although needlework and basic sewing are firmly withing my realm there is no small doubt that this type of construct could easily surpass my ability.  Current rate for this item [custom made] on eBay is about USD $170.00

Halloween is not necessarily a cut off for completion since I am the kind of person who [like Max] could easily envision wearing my wolf suit around the house when I'm feeling the need for super strength... all year round

Please advise what you have seen / discovered / found either as an existing pattern OR something that you were able to modify into a Max style outfit.

I am going over the WTWTA trailer and capturing frames and the like as well as pouring over the book for details about the construction, etc.

Please lemme know - I promise to share / make a version of the costume for my GodChildren, etc. to further good Craft Karma.

Peaxe,
Will

PS - this site is WONDERFUL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jaded_Dragon
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 08:06:23 PM »

After seeing the previews, I am SO EXCITED. It wasnt my favorite book growing up, but just the giant costumes and max in a grubby suit just thrill me.

I think his suit is a basic jumpsuit pattern, that you can make with few modifications from store patterns. You'd have to add ears, tail, and whiskers...I am so making a max suit.

simplicity 2506 or 2527 for toddlers
simplicity 2855 for kids
simplicity 2849 or 2853for adults

it seems to do up in the front with wooden buttons (http://images.allmoviephoto.com/2009_Where_the_Wild_Things_Are/2009_where_the_wild_things_are_001.jpg), but it probably is velcro closure with buttons sewn on top, cause it doesnt seem to gape at all.

max wears black converse or similar ripoff design. (http://www.daemonsmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/where_wild_things_are2-500x334.jpg)

btw, isnt this cute? http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_430xN.13081521.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Looking at the Mixer Panel in the Multitrack View
Adobe Production Studio - Editing in the Spectral Frequency Display View
Adobe Production Studio - Introducing the Adobe Audition 2.0 Interface
Adobe Production Studio - Audition and the Multitrack Environment
Adobe Production Studio - Final Comments
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...