A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
417 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postcards for the picky  (Read 2469 times)
Tags for this thread: postcard  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

verbalhiroshima
« on: August 26, 2009 08:34:17 PM »

Last October my mom moved to South Korea to teach English, leaving her clueless but crafty nineteen year old daughter in the States. Since I was working for minimum wage sending packages was an expensive habit so I started looking for another solution and found it in postcards [they only need three stamps]! But when I started shopping around for them I couldn't find any I liked. The cards from the shop basically fell into three categories: "COME SEE THIS SCENIC THING", "Here look at this adorable baby animal in a dress", and [horrendously unfunny] comics. Ughh. Let's face it, store postcards are lame anyway. After checking to see what standard postcard size is I started scouring kids books and old magazines for pictures to clip and paste. Here's what I came up with:

Whew. Sorry, since I'm new Craftster thinks I'm a spam bot so you'll have to click links. D:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009 01:52:51 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: to insert photos for member » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dinkime

Do you like my scrapbook monocle?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 03:47:32 AM »

those are fun!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fibreartist4life
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009 04:54:45 AM »

I love these!  I guy in the trash can and chicken are two of my favorites.  It was hard to narrow it down.  Keep going with this.  Have you ever read the books Griffon and Sabine?  You will love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009 07:34:53 AM »

oh man i know what you mean about the postcards Sad i only ever get postcards from art galleries now, since i'm too poor to buy the actual paintings Tongue I really every single one of these cards Smiley The robot zapping meat is awesome

THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
verbalhiroshima
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009 08:06:36 AM »

I love these!  I guy in the trash can and chicken are two of my favorites.  It was hard to narrow it down.  Keep going with this.  Have you ever read the books Griffon and Sabine?  You will love them.

I adore Griffin & Sabine! It's one of the books that gets to stay on the shelves in my bedroom instead of being shuffled out to the livingroom. I didn't realize how weirdly similar they were until you pointed it out though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mafiosagrrl

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009 12:46:17 PM »

I agree that store postcards are lame!  Your's are awesome  Grin  Sometimes I make post cards with fabric on one side instead of a picture.... but I've been feeling quite an urge to go back to collage and paper crafting.  Thanks for pushing me over that edge!  Keep up the good work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary". --Mary  Kurtz,  "The Needlework Times" April, 1978.

http://mafiosagrrl.blogspot.com/
mehashell
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009 08:01:25 PM »

These are great! I agree- I am sick of typical postcards. Keep making them Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nylaelis
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009 02:44:06 PM »

These made me think of Griffin and Sabine too!  You should start a swap with this theme.  You have provided plenty of inspiration in this post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty_jey
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009 12:47:47 PM »

I love these. The guy in the trashcan is so elegant, but not... If you get what I mean. Otherwise I really like the Hasmat (sp?) suits one. If I could get my hands on something like that I'd send it to my boss. (Long story, but I'm not allowed back at work until I've been officially declared plague-free.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Above all, try something.
Teeisme

That's my boy, Petey!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009 11:04:15 PM »

Love this idea. You're not only sending your Mom an original postcard but each time, you send her a part of you too.

Tee
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tee
finished the 100 ATC Theme Challenge!!
I'm the ATC - DT in a new Vintage group. Come join me   http://vintageflaire.ning.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Beauty Mistakes That Make You Look Tired
4 Treatments for Younger Looking Skin
Beauty Products for Spring
5 Ways to Upgrade Your French Manicure
Beauty Routines for Long Haul Flights
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...