A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 304,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
393 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reviews of Sewing Machines/Sergers/Embroiders  (Read 674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamergirL337
« on: August 26, 2009 12:57:41 PM »

So far I Haven't found a topic on here dedicated to reviews of Sewing Machines/Sergers/Embroidery machines and I Know that everyone on here owns or uses, or wants to own or use a Sewing Machine. So, I wanted to start a topic so that everyone on here can review their own sewing machines/sergers/or embroidery machines, or ones they have had experience with, or used to own...know somebody who has owned..etc...

Because i have never owned a sewing machine, and am relatively knew to the crafting business. But because I want to start making my own clothes, and instead of creating a new thread every time i want to know about a specific brand or machine, it can all be organized in one thread.

I'll update this post to add the links to each review post on here...
so...Review AWAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carolatjandofabrics
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 07:32:19 AM »

I do not know the fancy #'s on my machine's - but here's my general opinion. Started on an old NewHome workhorse! First machine Brother great machine! Had a White was not happy with it. For many years I've had a Bernina at least 20 it's computerized and I love it, a few years ago I bought a Viking embroidery machine second hand Love it! Last year got an old used Singer Serger - light weight but okay. I have worked on many Industrial Machines - I like those the best!
They last practically forever if maintained. If I had it to do over I may have purchased that first. I am currently in the market for a used one. However for a new sewer I believe the speed power and complexity of the workings may be a slight bit intimidating. My suggestion for a new seamstress is a Brother basic machine,with a metal bobbin and not too light weight. On sale they run between under $100. - $150. OR go second hand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about basic Chinese cooking equipment
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 2 of 8
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 1 of 8
How to Make a Sushi Roll
How to Make Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...