A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,498
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wet felted Owl bag  (Read 1771 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shade of Shadow
« on: August 26, 2009 12:34:50 AM »

with the 'breathe life into the felt forum' spirit I moved this post from purses and bags to the felt corner......

I'm so proud of this bag. I think he came out very cute. At first it wasn't my intention to make an owl. I just wanted to make a bag. But he just begged long enough so I gave him eyes. Amazing what eyes can do to just any object.

He is felted out of one piece, so there are no seams. On the front he has a little cell phone / iPod pocket felted in.

I had a very miserable, very tired day just hanging around not doing anything. When I woke up after collapsing in an afternoon nap I kicked myself doing something.

well, this is what came out

I love to hear your c & c!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009 10:25:20 AM by Lunastara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nuttywoman

Help I`m trapped in the glass in my back door!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009 02:13:03 AM »

Its brilliant and so cleverly thought out , well done  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GeeZee
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009 08:08:37 AM »

How cool! I love his beard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momcuellar
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009 09:13:45 PM »

I love that purse!!  It's very inovative.  Awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Never Let It Fade Away.
Catch a Falling Star & Put It In Your Pocket, Save It For A Rainy Day.
northstephens
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009 01:29:05 PM »

I absolutely adore him, he (i assume its a he?!) really is so full of life! The beard is great but I really like the way it looks like it started as a pixie hat  -  you have a shapeshifting bag lol! Once I have more time I'd love to try this, I enjoy having lots of bags, you could have a different friend on your shoulder everydayc Grin I definitely like how funtional it is but I've got a question... Do you find things get stuck in the bottom? I can imagine finding little treasures and loose change in the bottom months on, lol! Thatd be great to rely on though...  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shade of Shadow
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009 03:12:08 AM »

I absolutely adore him, he (i assume its a he?!) really is so full of life! The beard is great but I really like the way it looks like it started as a pixie hat  -  you have a shapeshifting bag lol! Once I have more time I'd love to try this, I enjoy having lots of bags, you could have a different friend on your shoulder everydayc Grin I definitely like how funtional it is but I've got a question... Do you find things get stuck in the bottom? I can imagine finding little treasures and loose change in the bottom months on, lol! Thatd be great to rely on though...  Cool

haha how did you know it started as a pixie hat??? I actually did put him on my hat several times during the process!!! It was really fun cause the beard than becomes sort of a wig sticking out of your hat. It reminds me of the hatwear of british gate keepers.
But I wanted to make a bag not a hat. Cause then it wouldn't be very wearable. And this bag is.
really.
And about the treasure thing. I always lose everything in my bag... so that wouldn't be very new. But ... small things obviously have to be put in the small front pocket  Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

northstephens
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2009 03:12:37 AM »

Hee hee I guess I've got the eye but not the technique down yet lol! Also, I am always changing my projects as things pop into my head... I don't think I've ever created something where the end result was the same as my original idea  Undecided   Hey if it works for us lol!

I do really like the way this worked though... I'm tempted to try it myself, I love the fact that you could still use it for both things. But I've got a few bits I'm doing already so it may have to wait. So much to do, so little time  Smiley

At what point did you change your mind from hat to bag?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shade of Shadow
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009 04:14:07 AM »

At what point did you change your mind from hat to bag?
At the point a voice in my head yelled in a chanting way at me 'Make it a bag, make a bag! Who on earth will wear a hat like that?', i guess. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Great Winter Pictures
How to Take Great Pictures With Your Cell Phone
How to Choose Your Aperture Setting
How to Use an External Flash
How to Take Pictures in Shadow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...