A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,191
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Might not count as a craft - but please don't all attack me!!  (Read 12350 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2005 03:40:15 PM »

oh wulgy, that is awesome Smiley I don't think I could ever drive a big rig, but it always makes me smile when we pass lady truckers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
sedrasmom
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2005 07:03:10 PM »

Wugly,
I got mail in a plastic fish once, a yellow one with a makeshift name label taped to it. What an awesome experience, not to mention an unusual coincidence!

Monica
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you never did, you should. These things are fun and fun is good!" - Dr. Seuss
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2005 07:13:29 AM »

Wugly Dog:
Some of the DADA artists from the 1930's started with custom made art envelopes, mailing tubes...etc

I love Dada Art!!! Shocked  i wrote a paper on it in an english class several years ago, my teacher thought i was crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
bagheraa

I'm not a llama! (I am a black leopard)

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2005 07:39:01 AM »

Well, I have been following this thread for a while, and have tried to write a decent profile.
I am a 20 year old girl living in Norway, about 15 minutes drive south of Oslo, the capital. I live with my younger sister, my dad, my stepmom and our cat Achilles. This summer I will be moving to Copenhagen, Denmark with my boyfriend. I am going to study architecture at the Royal Danish Academy of Art.

The crafts I do are mostly sewing and knitting, but I also enjoy making jewelry, soap, cards and giftwrapping.I have alot of interests, including crafts, interior and furniture design, yoga, music, films, travelling, reading, and learning. I have always been interested in what is happening around me, I'm reading newspapers to keep up with the world and to unconsciously collect random trivia. I would also consider myself a liberal feminist, as many of those who have written before me.

I would like penpals from anywhere around the world and of all ages, about 2 is okay for me too.

-bagheraa-
« Last Edit: April 22, 2005 07:51:43 AM by bagheraa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bagheraa is on Ravelry Wink
ithnkuno
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2005 07:55:15 AM »

Is there a swap for this yet?
I'd love to do a craftser pen pal swap of some sort. Makes me think of Griffin and Sabine Books
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
hollydaze

Best things I ever made.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2005 09:37:56 AM »

Hi, Everybody.  I've been lurking on craftster for awhile, but had to register when I saw this topic and saw the deadline for this "swap" is today!  I've always wanted a pen pal too. 

OMG, you all make me feel old.  hahaha  I'm creeping up an 40 in a few years, and in June I'll have my 19th anniversary.  (Yes, I got married when I was way too young, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.)   Wink  I have a soon to be teenage son and an eleven year old daughter.  I've lived in MN almost all of my pretty "sheltered" life.  I guess that makes me liberal in politics, but conservative about sharing my opinions.  I can swear when I'm in a temper, but I can curb it too.  When I proofread my writing I'm amazed at how often I write something like, "I do not swear too often" instead of "I don't swear too often."  I try to spell things correctly, use proper punctuation and proper grammar even when I'm ranting.  Unfortunately(?) I also write with a lot of smileys because my sense of humor can be quite sarcastic too. 

I have a degree in Communications (so I'd love to communicate with anybody), but I work as a tech support provider in my daughter's school.  That's full time.  I also work part time at a musical theatre and on Monday I'll start another part time job at Kinko's.  I'm looking forward to "leftovers" there too.  I like paper crafts and sewing, but I'm new to it all.  My "crafty" grandma died when I was little and my mom wasn't crafty at all.   I begged for a sewing machine for years and finally got one (because it was free) a couple of years ago.  I'm learning and trying to teach my daughter.  She's loved "projects" since she was three, and she taught herself to knit with a book I gave her for Christmas.  I've been her Girl Scout troop leader for the last several years.  We're getting out of that though.  (My co-leader drives me crazy -  for two years there's been a girl in our troop named Lindsey and my co-leader still calls her "Leslie.") 

I love to read, but don't have much time to do it what with work and being a mom and cooking and cleaning (I hate housework, but lately I've found myself cleaning my kitchen if I have time to get bored) and etc.  I love all kinds of music.  Nat King Cole, No Doubt, Rosemary Clooney, Red Hot Chili Peppers, James Taylor, some U2, even some Patsy Cline.  (I like some country, but more bluegrass and artists that could be "crossover", not redneck, knee-jerk patriotic crap.)  Lately I've been listening to Madeline Peyroux and Maroon 5 and Dean Martin and Paul Simon and Louis Armstrong.  Would you say that's eclectic or all over the map?   Smiley

I'd like to write to two or three people (maybe more?) and I'd be willing to send things internationally.  Write on!    Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're not totally at the mercy of the wind, or of life.  Wind is essentially a chaotic phenomenon, but you can still sail in it.
rainbow_art

taste the rainbow

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2005 11:41:31 AM »

I think this is a great idea and i would love to become a penpal PM me if your interested  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wugly Dog

Wugly Hugley Dog

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2005 12:55:49 PM »

Grin  Oh yeah, you're OLD>>>>>NOT!!!!  I'm 54, so 40 is young to me!  Shoot, I had to change my account because I misspelled my user name...

I've read through this thread, but I'm not really clear on where it is with the actual swap.  And is there an option on here to PM others?  Clueless, sometimes I'm just clueless...I went to the local art emporium and looked at some stuff to send but didn't buy any because I'm still trying to figure out who I'm going to hook up with.

I can't believe that you got a yellow plastic fish - that was the color that I used to used.  I also filled one with info and put it in the wall of the house I owned at the time.  There were pictures of me, my little sister (like big brothers for men) and some info about the house.

I'm ready to get started on this - I haven't done mail art for about 15 years, actually.  I think I was too depressed or something...I used to send stuff to my Mom all the time.  She took all my envelopes and entered them in the state fair - she got a blue ribbon because she was the only one who entered in that category, LOL.  When she died I found her book of my stuff so now I have it.

I also love the DADA stuff - most of them (all men as far as I know) were the ones that started the modern art movement.  Using "found" objects, etc.  The huge collection of rubber stamps I own are almost all "art stamps" with the wierd definitely the emphasis...when rubber stamping was really big, around 10 years ago, there were a number of stamp stores here in Denver, but I rarely bought anything because they tended to waaaaay favor "cute" over "wierd".  More general appeal, I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollydaze

Best things I ever made.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2005 01:16:15 PM »

Wugly, I too, am impressed that you drive (or drove) a big rig.  I've often thought about doing that 'cause I love to see new places, but ... maybe when my kids leave the nest.  Where I live, rubber stamping is still pretty hot.  And scrapbooking.  (I'm not into it, but my sister-in-law is a big-wig exec for Creative Memories).  You're right about a lot of what's out there being too cutesy and not weird enough, though.  hahaha  I lived in Broomfield, CO for about six months when I was a newlywed.  Is Baby Doc's in Denver still open? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're not totally at the mercy of the wind, or of life.  Wind is essentially a chaotic phenomenon, but you can still sail in it.
dirt_made_my_lunch

don't think twice, it's alright

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2005 05:57:36 PM »

Indeed. You could really make some special letters. I send my boyfriend letters sometimes even though I see him everyday and he only lives about 10 minutes away. He really enjoys them and always writes back. I think I am going to send him a package next
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now the wintertime is coming,
The windows are filled with frost.
I went to tell everybody,
But I could not get across.
Well, I wanna be your lover, baby,
I don't wanna be your boss.
Don't say I never warned you
When your train gets lost.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Expert Shares Best Beauty Products That Are Good For You & The Environment
How to Transition Your Makeup For Warmer Weather
How to Apply Glitter Eyeshadow
Rachel Zoe: Achieving Personal Style
Rachel Zoe: Bio
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...