A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,473
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Birds birds birds Swap Gallery  (Read 15555 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thisbirdsabsurd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Be Happy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2009 08:24:32 PM »

I'm pretty impressed that you had a go at knitting a scarf!!  Great job!  I taught myself to knit a while back but I just felt like my hands were cramped up all the time.....you've inspired me to give it another try. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
macnatalie
We're not going to Guam, are we?

Until there are none, adopt one.

« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2009 05:16:36 AM »

macnatalie, are those capelets hard to make?? I am in the process of putting a steampunk zombie costume together for Halloween and those capelets look perfect to go over my corset! Did you use your own pattern?

Not difficult at all. I did use a pattern, but I'm sure you could just draw one up yourself. It's 6 pieces total. 3 for lining 3 for exterior. You basically sew a half circle with the 3 pieces, sew another one with the lining and then sew those together right sides together. Flip it and finish it.

I'll mail you the pattern if you want, I don't think I will use it again. PM me if you want me to send it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar.
----
Check out my personal website. http://vv.carleton.ca/~natalie
tristanlayne89

Decaf? I will shoot you in the face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2009 08:31:30 AM »

I'm pretty impressed that you had a go at knitting a scarf!!  Great job!  I taught myself to knit a while back but I just felt like my hands were cramped up all the time.....you've inspired me to give it another try. Smiley

thanks, it deffinately took me a while to get in the hang of it, there was a lot of getting about 4 or 5 inches in and messing up and having to rip up the whole thing again haha, which is pretty discouraging, but i have since learned that if you get the bigger guage needles, it makes it alot easier , for me at least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, well. What's a royal ball? After all, I suppose it would be frightfully dull, and-and-and boring, and-and completely... Completely wonderful.

www.wists.com/tristanlayne89
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2009 10:02:44 AM »

Holy smokes! I don't check the gallery for a day or two and the damn thing explodes with birdy goodness! Nice stuff ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SunflowerSmiles
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2009 04:16:59 PM »

I received from Mrs.LindsayLoo today and I'm in lurrrve! Here's the goodies

a very cool shirt with birdie applique...love this...
a little hair doodad...soo flippin cute...

a pair of birdie earrings that soooo make me happeh!

and a bracelet (wearin it!)...this is soooo incredibly cool

Mrs.LindayLoo...thank you soo soo much for the goodies...it looks as if you put a lot of time and heart into them and that to me makes these even more special...thank you.
Thanks craftewomen for such a great swap...you've put a lot of work into this and it's much appreciated Wink Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This and That... my main blog. Drop by and say "Hello!"
  Sew Stuffed a blog about the dolls and stuffies I make
    Pinterest
Artisan82

formerly Crafty.Canadian

« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2009 06:27:01 PM »

I'm slow to post, I received this days ago.  Here's my awesome package from Ramona Q...

To start, she wrote some notes on these cute little birdy card.  Also, she sent me a little birdy clip made out of nautral materials.  It's a little hard to see in the dark pic, but I think it will look very cute peaking out between the branches of my Christmas tree this winter.

Finally, the piece de resistance.... something I've been wanting for a long, long time

A RED CUSTOM APRON!

There's an appliqued chicken on the front in a really cute print.  And, bonus of bonuses - the chicken is a pocket!  Such a brilliant idea!

I forgot to get pic, but there's a tiny little birdy charm on the neck tie too.  Such a cute little final touch.

Ramona Q - thank you so very much.  I love my apron.  It is so well made and the chicken pocket it awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post all my crafty stuff on Facebook.  I'd LOVE if you'd like my page!
Artisan 82 on Facebook
My baby, my Etsy shop: Artisan 82 on Etsy
recrdchaos
Knight of Time, Philosopher Prince

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2009 08:24:17 PM »

Aaaaction shots! Here they are. I have hispeed and photobucket loves me again. Yay! I'm not going to post the shots of items that aren't very action-y, because MacNatalie's pics definetely show how great the items are. My camera's a video camera, so is sort of lacking in the land of stills.

Feather bookmark is chillin' in my favorite novel! It lives there now XD

My awesome pillowcase in action. Look, it fits my massive pillow! Fortunately, my blonde chihuahua is not that interested in laying on that pillow (because it's overstuffed) so the pillowcase is remaining somewhat hair-free!

Caplet #1. LOL@ my face in this picture. Am I plotting or something? Seriously. However, as you can see, it looks awesome! The caplet, not my face XD

Lace caplet. My dad managed to sort of get the awesome giant silver feathers in there. Excuse my dorky expression, I just burst out laughing (... my dad told told me to say 'homosexual pickles' as he snapped the picture. You would laugh too XD)

As you can see from the pillow picture, I have red walls, so the watercolor will look great up there. Just need a frame now~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
macnatalie
We're not going to Guam, are we?

Until there are none, adopt one.

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2009 04:05:42 PM »

Thanks so much for posting pics, Laela.
I'm so glad you like everything. Like I said, I was a little worried that you wouldn't like it.
And if the capelets need to be altered in any way (style or size), go right ahead and do that!

I'm sooo excited to get my package from you.
Fingers crossed for it to arrive on Tuesday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teaching a child not to step on a caterpillar is as valuable to the child as it is to the caterpillar.
----
Check out my personal website. http://vv.carleton.ca/~natalie
crafty gurll
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2009 11:14:12 PM »

I received from SonjaBoo today and WOW, it is the most gorgeous package EVER.  It was wrapped in pretty colored tissue paper, and I just kept umwrapping one awesome thing after another. Cheesy  First was this handpainted frame:

Could it be any cuter?  I LOVE LOVE LOVE lime green & black together.  Then a handbound journal:

the cover is shiny, sorry for the flash.  I am hosting a craft fair in November, and Erika gave me the idea to use this as a sign in book and I could cry that is such a perfect idea. Wink  Cheesy

Next, some notecards, bird tags and a felted nest pin:

My camera takes horrible close-ups, that nest pin deserves a closeup, it is just too cute.  

Still, there was MORE!:

Cute penguin, dove & a rooster buttons & a steampunky necklace with jingle jangles, reversible so that one side is a Malaysian bird postage stamp and the other side is a cute little bird scene.  Again, deserves a close-up, awesome.

And in pm'ing back and forth she mentioned her husband did black & white photography.  I said I wouldn't mind a picture.  Thses right here are the piece de resistance, they are AMAZING.  And she even handwrote where they were taken on the back.  They are to be used as notecards, they come with envelopes, but I couldn't bear to give them away.  I am totally finding frames and hanging each and every one.  Less blabbing, more photos:

and

and if I was to pick a favorite group, these right here:

I want to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, this has been the best swap EVER!!! Cheesy  And if you have any better pictures, please post.  SonjaBoo you totally rock!!!  \../

« Last Edit: September 12, 2009 11:17:34 PM by crafty gurll - Reason: added photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lunique
« Reply #129 on: September 13, 2009 07:14:47 AM »

I received!!!!

And omg, Sally spoiled me rotten!!! There was this amazing canvas with me and swallow hair!!! She deff rocked it. When I was in Cyprus I was woken alot by the swallows there. They always came in huge flocks en made hell of a beautifull noise! Sally felt inspired by this and made the gorgeous original artwork. It's so deff going on the wall in my room!. Grin

And there was MORE..Cheesy Look at the gorgeous and intricate earrings she made. I dote on them, they are so well made.

Then there were these adorable thrifted owlies! Cheesy

A very well-made lill note book full of recycled papers! No extra harm done to trees, I like that Smiley

And then she amazed me with these lil guys! they're s cute and sweet and dangling from my ears at the mo' Wink

Thanks SOOOO much Sally, I love every bit of it and you're an amazing Swap partner! I love the individual touches, like the portrait and the swallow theme Kiss Kiss

And since we're at a bird theme, I got my swallow *what else;)* tattoo yesterday. After 2 hours of annoying pain my gorgeous little bird stands proudly on my shoulder, I had to show him off Grin Cheesy

Thanks Craftewoman for organizing Kiss

Hugs, Danique
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Castor and Coconut Oil Mask to Make Your Hair Grow
Futuristic Ponytail Hairstyles Backstage at Herve Leger FW 2014
How to Use Hot Rollers
How to Get Big, Bouncy Curls
Hair Loss Solutions That Really Work
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...