A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,741
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bang Bang  (Read 795 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FinDPartie

gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2005 09:55:38 PM »

Ok, so im not NRA girl. 

These are meant sarcastically, though i cant keep track of whether literal or ironic is the new irony from one week to the next.  I made them to sell, but i cant stop wearing them.  ive already made my sister a pair at her request, though she tends not to like what ive made until three years after ive made it, when she steals it without asking (ahhh, siblings.)  Anyway, just curious what kind of vibe you guys get from these.  also, i hate asking this, but if you were to be on the same wavelength sense of humor-wise and wanted to purchase such earrings, how much would you be willing to pay for them? I dont usually have trouble with pricing, but these are more costly to produce but less labor-intensive than my usual hand-beaded stuff, so im at a loss. any advice would be a big help. thanks!

xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've never been certain whether the moral of the Icarus story should only be, as is generally accepted, "Don't try to fly too high," or whether it might also be thought of as, 'Forget the wax and feathers and do a better job on the wings.'" -- Stanley Kubrick
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005 10:23:16 PM »

those are really cute. i'd say you could get like $10 for them. can i ask you where you got the little gun charms?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
freakigreeniiz

Orange you glad I didn't say bananas?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005 10:30:45 PM »

Heh, it's kinda like poking fun at texans with the lone star and the gun. very cute. anything that remotely bashes bush i'm all for. even though i'm not sure that was your original intention.
(\_/)
('o_o)
(_(')(')
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FinDPartie

gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005 10:54:41 PM »

haha, the bush thing wasnt my intention, but it totally works for me! i guess i was going for the demystifying/defetishizing by making common the image of the gun, which is probably why i run around in big old army coats. if anyone else sees a better rationale for what i do, please let me know. also, my friend pointed out that it reads like "shooting stars" which i thought was really cute as well. so, if theyre being interpreted, i think they qualify not only as craft, but as art! hooray! i got the charms at toho shoji in manhattan, 6th ave between 36 and 37 if you ever come in. if not, im sure you can find them online somewhere.  Also, i got some handcuff charms that im working on balancing, and ill post those earrings when theyre done.  Think kink, not law enforcement...

xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've never been certain whether the moral of the Icarus story should only be, as is generally accepted, "Don't try to fly too high," or whether it might also be thought of as, 'Forget the wax and feathers and do a better job on the wings.'" -- Stanley Kubrick
LuRead
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005 07:34:59 PM »

man, those are great
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Diane Kruger Stuns at Peter Pilotto for Target Fashion Show
5 Hot Valentine’s Day Lingerie Looks
Celebrities Show Off Sexy Fashion at AmfAR Gala
Top Makeover Tips from Lawrence Zarian
Fashion Staples to Stock Up on for Work
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...