A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
776 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Have a Disease 4 Gallery  (Read 6843 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bronzfrog
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2009 09:53:56 AM »

If I wasn't a hoarder and had a house full of stuff I'm sure I could find the missing fabric.  I managed to find something in my stash to finish this swap but the wist swap is proving interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2009 10:35:11 AM »

With this swap I think everyone understands not feeling good enough to craft.  On the other hand, I can't wait to see what goodies I get! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

My Wists  http://wists.com/Faren
http://www.flickr.com/photos/faren422/

New hand spun yarns listed! 2/27/10
http://www.annellsannex.etsy.com
TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2009 03:44:40 PM »

You know, rockmygypsysoul... I found my major swap item I had for you... In a major thing of cleaning, it got put away and I just found it again... I may send it after all. Cheesy

Also, you know the saying "When it rains it pours..." All I have to say is "No sh!t!"
*insert head explody rant*
This week has been awful, well two weeks. My great grandmother on my mom's side died a little over two weeks ago. Last Tuesday, my great uncle called and had a massive stroke on the phone. That afternoon, my great aunt passed away. Thursday, my sister got diagnosed with H1N1. Friday, I wake up at 4am to my great grandmother falling out of bed. I find her covered in blood from a massive stroke... Undecided (She passed away yesterday around 1pm.) My dad got diagnosed with H1N1 Saturday, me Sunday, and my mom on Monday.
*puts head back together*

Alright. In different news, I love everyone's package! This swap is so different. It's very accepting and understanding, you know? It's nice. Cheesy *hugs for everyone*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
eemmjj

all things must pass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2009 04:44:12 PM »

Shocked Twistedtruth, holy cow, that is just awful! *hugs* There are no words... just wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2009 08:41:20 PM »

songs4drowning, i'm so sorry i had to ship late. i really do feel terrible! but here's a little teaser for what's coming your way!

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/156300_27Oct09_IMG_2082.JPG

Aww, don't feel bad! I can't wait, it looks so great! Cheesy 

And OMG TwistedTruth, that's insane. I'm so terribly sorry, and I hope that you and your family recover their health soon! We're keeping you in our thoughts. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quaisior
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2009 12:34:41 AM »

I will be posting pictures on a night when my spouse actually gets home on time to help me figure out how to post pictures from either a Mac or a Unix computer. That's easier than waiting for him to fix my very dead desktop computer. (So many people think it's so great that he works for a video game company, but it's not all fun and games. He told me tonight that 5 or 6 people he works with are all going through divorces right now because their spouses can't handle the 12 hour shifts 6 or 7 days a week. Thankfully, the spouse works in IT, not game development or game testing, so we actually get to see each other, unlike our friends who are on totally opposite schedules for months at a time). Ack, sorry to whine, it's just been frustrating lately.

Twisted Truth, here's a giant bear hug. I hope you and your family are feeling better soon and I'm sorry for your losses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2009 08:34:05 AM »

That's crazy TwistedTruth.  I'm sorry you have had such a bad time of it.  I hope everyone gets better soon.  Hopefully you all have some help that isn't sick to help deal with it all.  So sorry for all your losses, sounds like you are probably reeling from one death to the next.  That has to be horrible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

Songs4Drowning
lost soul livin' in a fish bowl

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009 09:17:08 AM »

I received a fantastic package from Lo{ve} on Saturday, and today I REALLY needed it!

I had sent Lo{ve} this picture (NSFW) and told her that it always amused me and that no one else appreciated my Wilford Brimley diabeetus humor at the diabetes nutrition classes I was attending. Sad She made me a FABULOUS shirt of my own, so I can let some bitches know that they don't know 'bout my diabeetus. Pictured is also the angry pancreas plushy she made me. Can you believe that it's her first plushy!? I'm so in love with him. <3
(Ha ha! Dorky picture win, I'm sorry the shirt isn't better visible. TT___TT I didn't have many places to put the camera that would get both shirt and plushy, and the angle is all...funkeh...oh well.)

to change your image viewing settings please click here
The shirt is a little snug, but I found out from the doctor late last week that I've put on 20 lbs in the last couple of months, likely from the insulin and my serious disregard for basic exercise. Time to beg my boyfriend's mom to let me use her treadmill!! *weep* The shirt is so comfy, though, and the stencilling is so crisp.

There was a beautiful marker roll with a set of Prismacolor markers! O.O The outside fabric is a cute skeleton batik-like print and the inside is lime green. The super colorful ribbon is so perfect! I've been drooling over the markers, can't wait to sit down with them! She included a blender marker in there, too, which have always been sold out when I've looked for them individually.

I had asked for a decorated binder that I could keep my daily diet and glucose level diary in, and Lo{ve} sent one with the *true* definition of diabetes on it. Cheesy It made me laugh so hard when I opened it. Also pictured is the extra embroidery floss she included for me!

She also included some extras for my boyfriend, who always feels very left out when it comes to swaps. I couldn't get him to turn around to hold the candy tins, because he was in the middle of a "very important" Monster Hunter hunt (Kushala Daora is srs business.) He's keeping them right by his computer and yesterday I caught him playing with them, like action figures. He absolutely loves them, and wanted me to let Lo{ve} know that she's "freaking sweet!" Cheesy

My sleep schedule has been so messed up from picking up different shifts at work and just general back and forth between sleeplessness and fatigue from stress, so last night I slept through dinner and didn't take my insulin. I figured I'd be fine for work this morning because I go in at 4am and my sugar normally spikes between three and four and I can go until I get off work at 9 before my morning insulin and breakfast, but not today. I got really sick at work and had to go home and nearly passed out. Sad I was feeling VERY anti-diabetes and silly for letting this happen so I snugged into the wonderful shirt she made me and hugged my angry pancreas. Thank you SO much, Lo! You are a fabulous partner, and the package is the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faren
Sit and Spin

I am Sci-Fi

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009 09:47:25 AM »

What great stuff! That's a great picture of you and your goodies songs4drowning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly!

rockmygypsysoul
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009 11:17:12 AM »

that package is SO awesome!!

seriously!  if i hadnt gotten such a rockin package myself, i would be totally jealous.  but nothing compares to my chapstick penis.  but its close!   Wink  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastor m.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supermodel Trends: Then and Now
Celebrity Sneaker Style
Punk Style Celebrities
Coachella: Style Spots
Carey Mulligan: Steal Her Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...