A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mermaid swap  (Read 5700 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2009 09:07:44 AM »

lol, or ship to finland. $50. for snail mail
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2009 09:51:49 AM »

I cant tell you how happy I am that you all recieved..OMG I wanted to just cry really...now if my partners would get their boxes I would be thrilled..One when 2 day one went slow as they wanted 26.00 to ship 2-3 day...GAH...

26$ for 2-3 days? Bah- that's nothing. Try shipping to Irelend!!  $$$$$$$  Wink

And it went the colourful route!

Seriously though I am grateful there are Craftsters willing to swap internationally. It makes my life a lot more fun and colourful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dobiemuse

Bronco Dobies FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009 01:19:59 PM »

Love Saor's package. And love the kitty. Mine used to be like that too... now I have a doberman pup that sets his head on my arm so I can't do anything but pay attention to him! Think he's spoiled? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog
My Etsy Shop

Bookmark Swap: In awe of all the creativity!
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2009 06:36:19 PM »

lol- I almost always have two cats on the table when I'm sewing. Plus the dog on my feet or lap. One of my kitties loves to sleep with her head between the needle part and the main part of my sewing machine. She's a frickin' loon!

That particular orange kitty is my littlest baby, Fred-Fred. He's a HUGE help... Really...  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2009 09:18:05 AM »

I received a great parcel from PirateColey the other day. It took  weeks to get here so we both nearly given up on it I think.

Great pyjama pants in mermaid fabric. They are so warm and comfy. I have to tighten the elastic a bit but Pirate thoughtfully made them so I can do that. They are great. The fabric is so cute.

A T-shirt with a mermaid on the front. It's brighter in reality and it's a favourite colour of mine - we just painted the chimney breast a similar colour.

This the piece de resistance - get ready to Wist.

Isn't she beautiful?  She is about a foot long and goes well with the colour of the wall here I think.

Close-up. My husband loves it too - he reckons she looks like me - the eyes of love. My hair and eyes are kind of the same though. Check out the detail.  This went up on the wall in the bedroom straight away.

And extras!

A key ring, a door hanger, a print of a mermaid geisha and some patterns for paper dolls. I said that I liked geishas and mermaids.

It took nearly 6 weeks to get here   Shocked and came via Colombia and the Uk and was opened at least once so I was delighted to see it arrive and delighted everything was OK. I knew there was something ceramic in it so I was a bit worried. Everything was ok except for what looks like a slash mark on the back of the door hanger. Oddly,  another parcel was sent from the same state that Pirate lives in at the same time and went to Trinidad before getting here!

Thanks for a great parcel, PirateColey and thanks for a great swap idea craftybeachgirl!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dobiemuse

Bronco Dobies FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2009 10:01:52 AM »

Wow! Great stuff. Love the ceramic piece. Can't believe it made it through all that. PirateColey must be a great packer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog
My Etsy Shop

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2009 03:38:12 PM »

Wow! Great stuff. Love the ceramic piece. Can't believe it made it through all that. PirateColey must be a great packer!

My husband had just bought a laptop computer and I sandwiched the mermaid between the thick foam pads that came with it. Still, I'm surprised it arrived in one piece too. Actually, I'm pretty surprised it made it there at all... six weeks... Arg!!

And Saor- it looks so pretty with the wall color of your room!! I'm so glad you and your husband love it. I'm going to have to make one for myself now, because I'm jealous. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2009 08:45:58 AM »

WOW! What a a great package
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
dobiemuse

Bronco Dobies FTW!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2009 05:27:44 PM »

First time posting pics here, so let us see how I do! Wink Prepare to be jealous!

The whole shebang from crafty beach girl! She lives up to her name! I'm spoiled!

I couldn't do it justice with one pic... so...

My beautiful jewelry. I wish it wasn't fuzzy. Sorry...

A beautiful plaque

Aren't these great? Must be what you collected!

Sweet care package with the cute tin!

I really love this plaque/hook! Woodburning! Love it!

A pretty frame! Hmm... who can I convince to send me to the beach for pics now? Cheesy

This back scratcher is so cute and my mom wanted to steal it. Grrrr...

Enjoy! I know I am. Thank you so much craftybeachgirl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog
My Etsy Shop

hayatiggs

We're all mad here...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2009 02:12:07 PM »

Finally getting my pics up, gah! Stinks when you have one camera, and two people that use it all the time. Doesn't help when the other person (ahem, hubby) runs the battery down all the time and never charges it. Anyway, on to the good stuff Smiley

Here is what I received from craftybeachgirl.

She hand painted that tote bag (which is a great size, I like my totes big!). And I don't know how I have lived without ever owning a backscratcher. Seriously, it's amazing. I'm using it right now Cheesy

Here's a closeup of the beautiful jewelry she sent me. I love that necklace (and the clasp) and that dolphin bracelet is special because I just went on vacation and swam with dolphins Smiley

Check out that awesome shell wreath? And don't let the pic fool you, it's not small. It's a full size wreath. I don't even want to know how long it took to glue all of those shells on! But it's beautiful, and it's going to look great in my bathroom!

Thanks so much craftybeachgirl, I love it all. And thanks for a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Voluminous Barbie Ponytail Tutorial
5 Ways to Fight Off Frizz
Salon Giving Back Through Beauty
2 Hot Hair Trends From Hollywood’s Top Celebrity Hair Stylist
How to Get an Easy Waterfall Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...