A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 316,621
Currently Running With Scissors:
429 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beatles Mania Round 2 Swap Gallery  (Read 5886 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DoodleLou
I don't know what I don't know. But I want to know.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2009 08:27:20 AM »

Hey thanks everyone for the compliments on the Yellow Submarine! I really appreciate it! It was a design I found on the internet but did a little of my own adaptations to it. 

BTW/FYI:  I'll probably post it over on the Craftster Glass Board, too.  Cheesy  Just for sharing purposes....or bragging rights....whatever you want to call it!  Wink

So I got home yesterday (Saturday) from being gone all day only to find a note from the mailcarrier.  They had a package for me and I needed to pick up from the post office.  *sigh*   Not only do I have to wait until the long holiday weekend is over, I have to wait until Friday to get it.  That's my next day off and the only time I can get to the post office.  Unless I can talk the hubster in picking it up earlier. 

*sigh*  I have a severe lack of patience.  The waiting is going to maim me....I don't think it'll kill me....just maim me but good.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Self diagnosis: Obsessive, complusive crafty addict with AD/HD tendancies.

"The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." Demetri Martin

https://www.facebook.com/Feeding.the.Habit
KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2009 08:35:24 AM »

Hey thanks everyone for the compliments on the Yellow Submarine! I really appreciate it! It was a design I found on the internet but did a little of my own adaptations to it. 

BTW/FYI:  I'll probably post it over on the Craftster Glass Board, too.  Cheesy  Just for sharing purposes....or bragging rights....whatever you want to call it!  Wink

So I got home yesterday (Saturday) from being gone all day only to find a note from the mailcarrier.  They had a package for me and I needed to pick up from the post office.  *sigh*   Not only do I have to wait until the long holiday weekend is over, I have to wait until Friday to get it.  That's my next day off and the only time I can get to the post office.  Unless I can talk the hubster in picking it up earlier. 

*sigh*  I have a severe lack of patience.  The waiting is going to maim me....I don't think it'll kill me....just maim me but good.  Grin

awww come on! tell him its a very important week in Beatle history! 9/9/09!
Tell the hubby that its vital to your existence to get that package Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
DoodleLou

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2009 02:51:05 PM »

LOL!  I would whole heartedly agree....However, I think the hubster's getting a little Beatled out.  I've DVR'd every Beatle movie, anthology and documentary that's on this week.   Wink

In addition to re-reading The Beatles's Recording Sessions "The Official Abbey Road Studio Session Notes" book. An excellent read by the way.  I'd highly recommend it.

And last but not least....I've resurrected my old Beatles cassettes.  Yes, I said cassettes. (and yes, I know I am that kind of lame and old.)  I never reinvested to get my collection into CD's.  Which is a good thing since everything is MP3's now anyway.  Grin

Got to admit though.....there is nothing like listening to the Beatles on a record player though....Too bad I didn't keep my old albums and stereo.....   Grin

So needless to say, it's been a Beatles weekend for us. I'm lovin' it.  Hubster is getting a bit weary of it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." Demetri Martin

KidWithKemikals
Monisaurus the Crafty Dinosaur

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2009 07:30:37 PM »

LOL!  I would whole heartedly agree....However, I think the hubster's getting a little Beatled out.  I've DVR'd every Beatle movie, anthology and documentary that's on this week.   Wink

In addition to re-reading The Beatles's Recording Sessions "The Official Abbey Road Studio Session Notes" book. An excellent read by the way.  I'd highly recommend it.

And last but not least....I've resurrected my old Beatles cassettes.  Yes, I said cassettes. (and yes, I know I am that kind of lame and old.)  I never reinvested to get my collection into CD's.  Which is a good thing since everything is MP3's now anyway.  Grin

Got to admit though.....there is nothing like listening to the Beatles on a record player though....Too bad I didn't keep my old albums and stereo.....   Grin

So needless to say, it's been a Beatles weekend for us. I'm lovin' it.  Hubster is getting a bit weary of it.  Grin

theyre releasing all the albums remastered on vinyl
its pricey but if I had the money Id buy them
and at some point will buy them all on CD and get vinyl of my faves
my mom didnt save any of her vinyl either and I cant seem to find any in thrift stores
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make Love - Not Horcruxes
fluffypants
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2009 08:28:39 PM »

My folks got rid of the LPs they had as well. Sad Thankfully my aunt kept her copies of Rubber Soul and Sgt. Pepper's- in mint condition- and gave them to me to start my collection about 10 years ago. Smiley Sgt. Pepper's still has the insert sheet- uncut! It's the Canadian release, and the vinyl is this awesome pearly gray colour. My vinyl collection has expanded considerably over the years, but those two remain in my top favourites.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009 07:50:18 AM »

Grin Awesome gallery!!! Love everything!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
fluffypants
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009 07:32:18 PM »

I received from hippiejo74 today! Smiley I swear when the post office sees something marked fragile, they bash the box against every conceivable surface. It was pretty dinged up, but luckily everything survived the trip!

First up is this cute box, unfortunately the lid is stuck and it won't open, even tried jimmying it with my keys. Sad

Next up are these adorable earrings:

Then this fab painting:

And some delicious smelling soap!

She also included a couple ends from some Beatles fabric for me, probably because I believe I mentioned trolling every Wal Mart on a road trip and never finding it!

I think they may turn into a Christmas stocking......

Thanks for everything, hippiejo74!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

hippiejo74
Life, liberty and the pursuit of craftiness.

Gotta go - kids chewed thru their straps...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009 08:39:41 PM »

Embarrassed That totally bites that the box won't open  Cry That was the thing that I kept re-doing and breaking....ARGHHH!!!! Undecided Oh well, I'm glad the soap didn't melt Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my etsy shop - vintage, eco-friendly and all kinds of crafty goodness Smiley
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5029774

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud."
1 Cor. 13:4
fluffypants
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009 08:43:37 PM »

No worries on the box- I could probably jimmy it with a knife, but with how accident prone I am tonight I didn't want to try! Wink I'm so antsy for your parcel to arrive- with the long weekend having passed now, it should be on its way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DoodleLou

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2009 07:35:10 AM »

"Yesterday....All my troubles seemed so far away....!"

Why do I croon such lovely words?  Because I was able to finally get my SWAP package out of postal jail yesterday, that's why!  It was a "Good Day, Sunshine!"

Instead of getting an "Old Brown Shoe"  I got two new black ones with an awesome Beatles stencil on it. Happy feet, indeed.....  I couldn't "HELP" myself from tapping out in time with with the tune "Blackbird"!
"Blackbirds sining in the dead of night...."

Side view:

(BTW: they fit me very well!)

Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.
Photo frame!

Ringo, my good chap!
"I'm Happy Just to Dance with You!"

These are three images that KidWithKemikals whipped up on her computer!  LOVE THEM!  They are very schweet!

And last but not least for certain! 
This awewome tote!
All together now....."We all live in a Yellow Submarine, a Yellow Submarine, A Yellow Submarine."

".....and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make...."

Thanks Monica!  I luvers the swap package, awesome job!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pretty Planters
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...