Okay, I have a lot of suggestions, so I will break them down by show, with the misc ones at the end. That way, I can explain the significance/meaning behind something if need be. I noticed most people suggested drinks, which is great, but you need some thing other than beverages at your party obviously. I made one collective list for you to consider and added all your ideas and those suggested to it as well, kinda to help with organized thoughts. (I'm a virgo - I'm just kinda OCD like that at times...) Very long post, sorry about that.
So let's start here:Star TrekRomulan Ale
- several recipes are out there, the best sounding one I have seen is for equal parts Vodka, Triple Sec, Blue Curacao, and Lemonade. For a non-alcoholic version, blue raspberry koolaid works perfect. Also, the company that makes all the themed energy drinks put out a Romulan Ale drink earlier this year to celebrate the new movie.Klingon Bloodwine
- I have a great recipe for an alcoholic version, but it is too long to post here, so I will post it somewhere else and link it back here when I am done. For a non-alcoholic version, I would suggest a cherry/black cherry koolaid mix with gelatin in it for viscocity.Gagh
- A Klingon favourite. There are two options for this. For an entree/starch, I would suggest buckwheat noodles with a brown sauce, such as Yakisoba or LoMein. For a dessert or silly snack, gummy worms or sour worms work.Dune
Several people have suggested spiced drinks, but how about spiced apples
?Doctor WhoJelly BabiesTARDIS cake
- A cake decorated like the TARDISScrewdrivers
.... C'mon, I'm shocked no one else said it!FarscapeFoodcubes
- Chocolate wafer cookies?Crackers
- You know, to pay homage to episode 26, where they are all cracker crazy.Futurama!SlurmPopplers
- Chicken poppers would be most accurate, but if you need an excuse for a veggie, fried okra!Panucci's PizzaBabylon 5Bagna Cauda
- Kinda like fondue. Italian dish popularized by being mentioned on Bab5.Spoo
- Defined as "Meat Jello" Allegedly the most delicious food in the universe. Perhaps a pressed meat, something like spam, or a meat dip for cracker garnish?StargateEarl Grey
Stargate is a military heavy show, so I suppose one idea would be to incorporate MRE
components into the fare. Like the peanut butter packets by the crackers.FireflyGranola Bars
or Rice Crispy Treat
bars - oooohhh, presented on the table in a wooden crate....
This one was a real toughie to come up with things for, but I used this for interpretation: BOOK
: "It's not much -- I had a garden at the Abbey, thought I should bring what I could."SIMON
: "It's very kind of you to share with all of us."ZOE
: "I'm gonna make a plate for Wash..."BOOK(to Simon)
: "Well, it won't last, and they're never the same when they're frozen. The important thing is the spices. A man can live on packaged food from here 'til Judgment Day if he's got enough rosemary."DOBSON(over this, to Jayne)
: "Can you pass me the tomatoes?"
So I thought, how about a Tomato and Mozzarella salad with Rosemary and Olive Oil
(or italian dressing works too)MiscTangSoylent Green
- Green tinted sugar cookies cut into wafersPan Galactic Gargle Blaster
- Hitchhiker's GuideFlek
- A favourite food of Orkans (Mork and Mindy!!!!) Is actually a white plant stalk, so stuffed celery. Or you can do one of my favourite snacks, it could appear to be a cooked Flek stalk. Mix salsa with cream cheese, spread on smaller tortillas, roll them up and chill them. Flek is normally a dessert, so a sweet filling would work as well.
Rolls out burger meat on a sheet pan, sprinkle it with onions and fold the meat onto itself. Then, cut small onion stuffed squares of meat to fry/grill. You have yummy little onion filled burgers. Also known as - Sliders!!
Sadly, I couldn't really think of anything for Star Wars. Maybe some Boba Feta
Yeah, terrible, I know.
I couldn't come up with anything for Battlestar Galactica either, because I am not that familiar with that show. I suppose you could serve - Starbuck's coffee
Oh, one more random comment. I think it would be really awesome if you printed the recipes you used, or at least the menu, into little books to decorate the table, or for keepsakes, and titled them To Serve Man
. Thats some old school sci fi for ya! (I am big on party/event planning, anyone notice that yet?)