A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 304,884
Currently Running With Scissors:
440 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal craft room redo!  (Read 8986 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bubba97169
« on: August 23, 2009 03:19:29 PM »

I printed these embroidery floss bobbins from http://craftchi.com/blog/?p=610 and taped them to some manila folder pieces. This works great for me because I don't have a very large floss collection.

And then I put them in an old sewing box that I was no longer using to store them

This is the ribbon storage box that I made! I had a nice sturdy box that some Christmas cards came in. I decoupaged the top and used a knitting needle to hang the ribbon on. More info here --> http://scrapbooking.about.com/od/gettingorganized/ss/ribbonbox.htm

My sewing cabinet that I found for free on Craigslist. I love it because it all folds up.

Pegboard storage inside of my sewing cabinet that I use for scissors and rulers.

My fabric stash semi-organized. I really want a new shelving unit and some board organizers.

My favorite item in my craft room; my antique chest of drawers. I want to paint i though.

My ceiling is slanted and I didn't want to paint. So I hung up some fabric instead!

So that's pretty much it for now. I think I spent under $10 because I used things I had laying around. I want to do lots more to it! What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teag
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009 03:54:08 PM »

great ideas Thank you so much for sharing

I am currently rethinking my craft area and have come up with some inexpensive storage ideas too, I will be posting them soon, Some are part of the Dollar Store Challenge so I am waiting until then
THIS ROCKS   Logged

erdbeerblau
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009 03:56:09 PM »

really nice. i wish my working/crafting/sewing space was already done. right now its an empty room with nothing but a cordless electric drill and 3 cans of paint inside :-)
the chest of drawers is beautiful and the way you organized your floss is lovely.

how does your sewing desk thing look unfolded?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009 04:03:48 PM »

I did mine with stuff on hand too, and it doesn't look near as organized as yours. I am so tempted to move up to the attic, but I like being downstairs where I can keep an eye out on anyone approaching my house (not so great neighborhood anymore). Now my DR is craft space, my living room houses my ironing board and extra 'stuff' is in bedroom #2, so I really need to make upstairs a suite. LOL

Since it has slanted ceilings too, I may use your idea. I would never have thought of that. In fact a lot of great ideas in your space, and that cabinet is beautiful, and even though I paint everything, I'm not sure I would want to paint it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Henny Penny
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009 04:07:49 PM »

I like the floss cards and what a steal on the sewing cabinet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwilightFirefly
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009 04:25:58 PM »

Everything is so beautiful and so colorful! They look like pictures out of a magazine Smiley Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprinklez
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009 05:03:51 PM »

It looks great! I particularly love the ribbon, though that may just be because of the adorable prints. XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vertigoat
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009 03:52:57 AM »

<3<3<3 your ribbon box and floss winders Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melissanorth
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009 04:13:59 AM »

I'm so stealing that card idea for embroidery threads! I might even USE mine if they're not all jumbled up in a drawer...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Germanica

Martha Stewart powers - ACTIVATE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009 06:13:41 PM »

I love the cabinet with the fold up table! I can't believe someone just gave that away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Condo Blues http://condo-blues.blogspot.com/ Green living, crafts, decor and dogs from the Frugal Green DIY Diva.

Lazy Budget Chef http://lazybudgetchef.blogspot.com Real food, real quick, for real budgets

Follow me on Twitter! @condoblues
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Crane
How to Recycle Refrigerator Magnets
How to Make a Clockwork Orange
How to Make a Milk Carton Birdhouse
How to Turn Lightbulbs Into Christmas Ornaments
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...