A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
373 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swedish Swap Round 2 (sign ups closed, mail by 3/10)  (Read 4594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

karin_

Swedish craftster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 23, 2009 06:52:41 AM »

Swap name: Swedish Swap Round 2
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: karin_
Sign-up date range: 23/8 - 3/9 2009
Date to send item by: 3/10 2009
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 24
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES
If so, which country? SWEDEN
Age requirement? 13

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 13 years old: YES/NO
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Details of swap:

Hej alla swappare i Sverige!
Back in 2006 there was a swap for Swedish Craftsters, but that was long before I found Craftster... So I thought, how about a second round?
This will be a swap for people who live in Sweden only. As a Swedish swapper you do A LOT of international sending, so this will make a nice change! It's also a great opportunity to get to know each other better. Here's a link to the first Swedish swap and to the  Gallery of that swap.

Like the first round of the Sweden swap, this swap will be similar to the wishlist type swaps. We will craft a total of 5 points worth of items. A large item is 3 points, a medium is 2 points, and a small is 1 point. Examples of sizes:
    * Small: at least 1 hour but no more than 2 hours to complete; $5-$15 in supplies; earrings, stickers, wallet, pouch, bookmarks
    * Medium: 2 hours or more to complete; $15-$30 in supply value; a necklace, a bracelet, a scarf
    * Large:3 hours or more crafting time to complete; $30 or more value of supplies; a shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a jewelry set (with 3-5 items), a  project tote

Like in round 1, participants will list 5-10 themes or wish list items. This could be either a type of item you would like to receive, or a theme or style that you like. Please keep these wishes/themes fairly general, keeping in mind that your partner might not do all the same crafts that you do.
For example, my list could be:
1. A cosmetic bag
2. The color blue
3. Mermaids
4. Owls
5. A scarf
And then my partner could choose whether to use one of the themes for all their items (for example making a mermaid themed package) or choose different ones  (for example making a scarf, a cosmetic bag and a mermaid magnet) or even to combine them (one of the items could be a blue cosmetic bag with an owl on it, for example). Make sure you do your best to create a nice package for your partner!

Communication is important! Please stay in contact with your partner and post in the swap thread regularly to let us know what is going on. You will have one month to craft for your partner. Since DC#s are not available in Sweden, you will be required to save a mailing receipt copy and take a photo of your package (stamped and addressed) to provide proof of mailing.

Another note: Craftster moderators ask that we use English at all times when posting to the boards, but if there is something you don't understand or you need to ask me something in Swedish, please don't hesitate to drop me a PM!

If you want to participate, please copy this information and send to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Confirm that you are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
Do you understand that you are required to save a mailing receipt copy AND take a photo of your package before you send: (yes/no)
Do you promise to post pictures/scans of the package you receive in the gallery: (YES/NO)

List 5-10 wish list items or themes:

Do you have any allergies (smoke, pets etc)?
Any allergens in your home (smokers, pets etc)?
What crafts do you do?
What type of things do you like to receive:
Anything you would not like to receive (religious preferences, animal products etc)?
Favorite colors, patterns etc:
Least favorite colors, patters etc:
What is your...
Shirt Size?
Shoe Size?
Are your ears pierced?
Are you "stalkable"? IE do you have a blog, website, flickr, online wishlist, etsy faves or similar?
Anything else you would like your partner to know?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

And remember to have fun!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009 01:34:09 PM by karin_ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009 07:02:56 AM »

APPROVED SWAPPERS:

1. karin_
2. newydd *welcome first time swapper!*
3. imrahil *welcome first time swapper!*
4. marika *welcome first time swapper!*
5. gavagai
6. mynta
7. tinkis *welcome first time swapper!*

PARTNERS!

Sent = Orange
Received = Green
Contact organizer immidiately! = Red
Sent & Received = Blue
Crossed through = Feedback given

pairs:
mynta  <------> Tinkis - Negative feedback given, will be changed if/when packages are received
newydd <------> gavagai

round robin:
imrahil ---> karin_ ---> marika

GALLERY: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=322629.0
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009 10:18:04 PM by karin_ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009 10:26:23 AM »

I thought this was a Swedish themed swap! That's too bad! Cry My Svensk Flicka (and my mother) would love a few Swedish themed crafts. I wish you all the best and hope you all have a great time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
gavagai
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009 11:49:02 AM »

Yay! I'll join immidiately, so that I don't accidentally sign up for too many other swaps and miss out on this super opportunity!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009 11:55:43 AM »

Excellent gavagai, welcome! Lady Llanalla, I'm sorry but this swap will be open only to Swedish residents... A Sweden themed swap might be fun though, someone should start one! Wink

I will be going on holiday tomorrow, so I might not be able to update  your status to "IN PROGRESS" straight away, but I will do it as soon as I can! First time swappers, remember that you can only sign up for one swap at a time until you have finished your first swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009 01:51:27 PM »

We're up to 3 swappers already, how exciting! Smiley Gavagai, i haven't got your sign-up form yet, did it go missing?  Shocked

Anyone who sends in their form before 5PM tomorrow will be updated before I leave, after that It'll depend on when I can get to a computer next time... We're going on holiday to Riga for a couple of days! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gavagai
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009 02:46:52 PM »

I kind of got stuck filling in the application form. Sorry.  Tongue Just wanted to come up with good things to write. Will send it soon.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Still wishing for a Tunisian crochet kit. Would be happy to personal swap for one. I have fabrics and all sorts of stuff to swap for.
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009 02:10:58 AM »

Working on filling out the form... I think I'll sign up later on in the sign up period to make sure my other swaps are progressing as they should before I sign up for one more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marika

http://theoochthea.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009 05:16:20 AM »

I really look forward to this swap...my first one and all! I filled in the registration form and sent it to you!!

//Marika
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karin_

Swedish craftster!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009 07:51:22 AM »

You're in marika! I'm off to Riga tonight, see you soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
My Year of Flops Book Trailer
Victoria Christopher Murray Talks About Lady Jasmine
Jennifer Weiner Reads from Best Friends Forever Part 4
John Gillespie Talks About Money for Nothing
Mark Oppenheimer Reveals His Favorite TV Show
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...