A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
753 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: need help with punk mom gift  (Read 2904 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kewlchik
« on: April 22, 2005 07:56:30 AM »

My daughter has 2 children and I wanted to make her something she will like and she is still into the punk look and does her own restructured  clothing, jewelry..etc. Do you have any ideas on what I could make her?
Thanks! I always love the ideas everyone has.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green is for nerds
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005 10:20:17 PM »

Wee! I most definitely just realized that I could do this and am very excited, what about making funky shrinky dink earrings?? (!) If you make goofy little sketches and then just poke through the connecting jewelry parts it should be super-easy!

*By shrinky dink I mean those old things you could draw on and then stick in the oven and they get smaller. ? Remember those?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kewlchik
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005 08:33:46 AM »

Thanks for the idea! She loves tattoos, maybe I could draw the Mom tattoo that someone else posted and do the earrings that way. She would love that. I appreciate the help, now I have to go get the stuff to do it with, I haven't done shrinky dinks in a long time, but you have my mind spinning with ideas now. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sabrinas_Charm
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005 09:44:21 AM »

I think the mom tattoo thing is a great idea! if you can't find the stuff to make shrinky dinks you could print the tattoo image thing and make a pendant with polymer clay. Just roll out a piece of clay put the image on top and cut around bake it glue the image onto the clay (I just use like glue stick) and then coat with varnish or liquid clay. You could also make a transfer and "transfer" the image onto the clay. To do this print out a resverse of the image then photo copy it (it won't work with regular printer ink) then roll out a piece of clay (a light color) and cut to size and bake (or you can do it before you bake it I think too) and put the image face down and use regular rubbing alcohol to saturate the back of the paper rub it a little and when you lift it off the image will be on the clay, depending on how long you leave it on the clay you can get a cool distressed look. (you can do this to make your own temporary tattoos too!) You can also do this with the liquid clay stuff and just follow the directions on the package but rubbing alcohol works just as well, just be sure to coat it with something. OH and you can also make a "packing tape transfer" use a magazine image or a color copy (again regular printer ink won't work) just put packing tape over the image and rub the back then immerse in water and rub the paper off and the image will stay on the tape then just attach the image to whatever you want.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

kewlchik
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005 11:53:29 AM »

You are a friggin genius!!!I love the tape idea,can't wait to try it, too.Thanks so much for your input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sabrinas_Charm
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005 01:13:36 PM »

No problem, the packing tape transfer thing is really cool. Let us know how everything comes out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ithnkuno
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005 08:14:32 AM »

make bibs and matching burp cloths with cool fabrics. There is a tatto fabric out now, and you could do a skull print
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
kewlchik
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005 12:43:34 PM »

She actually recovered her chest of drawers in the tattoo fabric and leopard print(alternating the drawers ) so I know exactly which fabric you mean, maybe I could do a little t-shirt to go with them, have the earrings for her and then something for the kids for her , too. Thanks so much, everyone has been great with their suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Poori Part 3/3
How to Serve Tempura Shrimp and Vegetables
How to Make Tempura Shrimp and Vegetables Sauce
How to Make Chicken Curry
Chicken Curry: How to Fry Rempah and Cook Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...