A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Beet Capelet  (Read 10313 times)
Tags for this thread: beet , capelet , vegetable , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tero
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009 07:31:04 PM »

Oh a matching bracelet to add the pollen that way would be WONDERFUL !! All of us Tom fans get the pollen need. Smiley
You could add jasmine to the bracelet as well as I know that was an ingredient. Then you could add a silver tea pot, a blue bottle, maybe a fleur de leise(probably spelled that wrong but something for Louisiana), oh and a bee too Cheesy I have to go back and read the book again now.  You could have a ton of fun with jewelry to pull it all together.

Please post pictures of the whole thing once you are done. Cant wait to see what you come up with. Smiley

Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas is a good one as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
AlysiaDynamik
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2009 10:28:32 PM »

Fabulous! I wisted this.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alli.illektro
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2009 10:41:34 PM »

i have a friend who has the same favorite book and she has a tattoo of beets, a perfume bottle and an old pocketwatch! love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flowers and Lemons
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009 03:07:06 AM »

I personally wouldn't wear this Cheesy
But to reply to your question... I would add the french knots.
I think the beets are allready 'much' and if you'd add those it will be more 'much'.
It would finish the look. I guess.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Graciechan
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009 05:27:12 AM »

I love it!it is very cute and kooky and I for one would love to wear it this fall. I haven't read the book "jitterbug perfume" but I will go and find out what it's about ASAP  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009 07:52:36 AM »

When I saw this I thought, "beets?" Then I read your back story, and the synopsis of the book on Wickapedia, and it all came together. The capelet is gorgeous. It doesn't look like fleece. It looks like wool, and your beets are amazing. I love the texture, and the leaves look almost real! I love the way you padded them.
It would be great to see an action shot of your sister wearing it, and to read of her reaction.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomico
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2009 10:01:29 AM »

In the book the characters were trying to cover the smell of Pan's musk. Jasmine was thought to cover his smell but it didn't have much staying power so they decided to join jasmine with beet pollen because it had a cling to it.

If you wanted to use a few of the jasmine flowers to tie it more closely with the book it may look nice.

Another part of the story had a character who was surrounded by bees. I could see a few bees wrapped around the collar.

I think the capelet has a lot of class and if you stopped as is, it would look completed. If you decide to add more that could be nice as well.

I like the idea of making things to represent books.

Tomico
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lickin_Flames
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2009 10:13:06 AM »

Sweet! I love Jitterbug Perfume! This is absolutely amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katie Hughes- The Amazon
Elphelba
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2009 11:30:04 AM »

That's really unusual and quirky but I like it. The cut is really pretty and you did a good job with the beet appliques. The colors are fantastic, good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
merricat17
Strange Grounds

Strange Grounds Coffee, 1417 S Broadway, Denver CO

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2009 11:55:18 AM »

I had forgotten all about the bees!  (I think I read it in 2002 or 2003 so it has been a while) Bullion stitch bees!  perfect.  My sister hasn't seen this yet, she doesn't even know I was making it, so I do hope she puts some pictures up when she gets it. (we live pretty far apart)  Her birthday is coming up next month so she will no doubt be posting lots of pictures of her parties, and I will put them up if I find them.  Thanks you all! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange Grounds Coffee
1417 South Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Certain Summer by Patricia Beard
Self-Published Millionaire Authors
How to Get Your Book Published
4 Young Adult Books For Your Summer Reading List
Nancy Ohlin Shares the Inspiration Behind Her Novels
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...