A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Daring Skirt, A Silly Cincher & A Funky Top (IMG Heavy!)  (Read 3912 times)
Tags for this thread: template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yamakarasu
« on: August 21, 2009 06:18:42 AM »

Here's a few recent things I've made. First up is this skirt I had lying around for a year or two..

It was too small for me and I never knew what to do with it to make it actually FIT:

It's all in the side! I was in an experimenting mood, and didn't want regular old side panels. Plus it was a great way to use some leftover fabric remnants from here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=232709.msg2539640#msg2539640

Here's an ugly old tank top I had. I'm not quite sure what compelled me to pick this one out of the piles.. I've never worn it before. I think I got it for free from.. someone. I think the busy pattern caught my eye so I pulled it out.

Ugly old tank top got turned into a little waist cincher.. thingie. I ended up picking out some buttons and covering them in this shiny red fabric; then added a yellow band at the bottom because, well, I was already 2/3 of the way there to having all the primary colours and all. (Hey, it makes sense to *me* Cheesy)

In action.. sort of. I need to tweak it just a bit, make it a little smaller up top because it's still a bit loose. But it's silly and I like it.

Here's a weird shirt with a hoodie. I probably got this from the same place I got that ugly tank top, lol. Never wore it; plus it was really baggy on me. Yikes. (There's my toes in the shot, just because I love the colours on them, lol)

First step was to chop up the blue and use a black tank top for the bottom half, making the shirt more fitted.

How about an appliqued bunny? SmileySmileySmileyCheesy Because it TOTALLY NEEDS ONE.

I really liked how it looked at that point, but I wanted a Funky Shirt, not a Cute Shirt. Wait, how about a corset bit on the side? JUST BECAUSE I CAN!

Wait.. the back is boring too. HOW ABOUT MORE CORSET BITS? And why not diagonal while we're at it! JUST BECAUSE.

Close-up of the bunny I made. I drew up a little template and used the same fabric from the ugly tank top above... placed that under the black fabric, sewed the shape of the bunny with the sewing machine (really tricky but quite fun!) and cut out the black fabric on the inside. Instant awesome! I like to think that it's one of my bunnies I lost earlier this year.. Smiley Added a little button for an eye as well.

Close-up details. I used black velvet fabric (from my Halloween project) for the corset part, and the extra pair red shoelaces that came with my boots, rofl. WOO RECYCLING.

Action-y shot.

Action-y shot of the back. Hard to get a good shot in a bathroom at night Tongue THIS IS MY NEW FAVOURITE SHIRT. YAY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sonyazombiee
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009 06:51:29 AM »

Ooo, I love the bunny on the last top!
And the primary colors concept.  It's amusing.
:]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009 07:23:54 AM »

I love what you did with the hoody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
janerazor
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009 08:13:38 AM »

I just have to say: Yes, that skirt is very daring, but it is also hella-hawt! Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elucidation
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009 09:38:27 AM »

oh that bunny is making me happy!! Cheesy Great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009 11:38:47 AM »

I like the skirt and hoodie best. I have a friend who would totally wear that hoodie in a heartbeat. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BonEsInspired
BonesInspired

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009 09:15:46 PM »

I really like how the hoodie's lace up part (sorry...total brain fart!) is angled in the back. It sits really well and is a very unique touch Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looneylulu

Just grab hold and let instincts take over.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009 09:04:31 AM »

shear genius! .....( pardon the pun ha ha )...... Sometimes I find stuff on the kids rack at the Goodwill that is simply irresistible, bring it home thinking I'll figure out a way to make it fit, then get stumped with sewer's block. Thanks for unblocking my mind. The hoodie dress is great too. I love the diagonal lace-up. kudos
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michpitts
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009 08:52:21 PM »

What a great way to spruce up an old skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Psycho Sue
Vintage Rock N Roll Vixen

~vintage junky and local rock star~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009 07:02:49 AM »

this all goes on like butter, baby! Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Importance of Test Shoots
Lighting Techniques for Beauty Shots
Nikon D3x - Unboxing
How to Shoot an Inexperienced Model
What is a Lifestyle Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...