A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,874
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bead Soup Swap - Round 2 Gallery  (Read 11967 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bonster4454
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2009 09:23:34 PM »

Yeah! I absolutely Love my bead soup from Teriyakimoto!
The Soup

Shells from Okinawa (will be using these for a xmas gift)

Cool small bones

I've never seen such awesome polymer beads! Did you make these? Beads have images on both sides.

I almost fell over when I saw these glass beads. It'll be hard for me to use them. I may just want to stare and hoard them for awhile.

More cool polymer beads (am I spelling that right?)

Sun charms, swirly beads, and whimsical beads.

Huge stash of awesome plastic, textured beads. I love them!

A lovely pair of earrings made just for me.  Grin Green matches my eyes.

Teriyakimoto, Thank you so much for putting this bead soup together for me. I absolutely love all the beads you sent me. I was very excited to receive all my gems and lovely beads. Thank you!! Bonnie(bonster4454)   Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2009 09:54:09 PM »

OMG -those polymer clay beads are gorgeous!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 02, 2009 06:04:11 AM »

I am so frustrated! I just typed up a long post and lost the whole thing when my computer decided it must shut it self down for no apparent reason!  Angry Anyway, I received my packages from JennieIngram and jenn1519!!! They are just so so so cool and made my day after having to go into work unscheduled early in the morning.

Here's the goodies from JennieIngram! The first package I opened

Hey sheepBlue, I should have also mentioned that the two bags of wood beads that are SUPER smooth and have a beautiful and distinct grain line in them, are actually olive wood from Jerusalem.  After the olives are harvested, the branches that were cut are turned into things like beads, etc.  (There should be a small bag of oval shaped ones, and a bag of fat round ones.)  I'm not religious really, but my family is sorta-Catholic, so I made my "academically interested" father a bookmark for his bible, and a bracelet for my uber-Catholic aunt.  It made both of them rather happy to have some small (and renewable!) piece of the holy land.  I keep meaning to make myself a necklace of them too, and they are just so beautiful, with their contrasting grain, and utter smoothness.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
Tero

Craftito ergo sum...

Do your dream

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2009 06:04:22 AM »

WOW we really have to know where you got those polymer beads at. OMG !!! Really great soup. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I meant what I said and I said what I meant, an elephant's faithful 100%. Horton
sheepBlue

Crafting to keep insanity at bay.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: September 02, 2009 06:30:28 AM »

Hey sheepBlue, I should have also mentioned that the two bags of wood beads that are SUPER smooth and have a beautiful and distinct grain line in them, are actually olive wood from Jerusalem.  After the olives are harvested, the branches that were cut are turned into things like beads, etc.  (There should be a small bag of oval shaped ones, and a bag of fat round ones.)  I'm not religious really, but my family is sorta-Catholic, so I made my "academically interested" father a bookmark for his bible, and a bracelet for my uber-Catholic aunt.  It made both of them rather happy to have some small (and renewable!) piece of the holy land.  I keep meaning to make myself a necklace of them too, and they are just so beautiful, with their contrasting grain, and utter smoothness.   

I love the wood beads. It's like a beautiful piece of nature adorning your neck, or ears, or wherever  Wink I'm trying to think of a good project to use them in. The background story is very interesting; I'm not particularly religious at all but the story of its origins is much better than "oh yeah it came from a factory in china" lol. Thank you  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: September 02, 2009 06:41:04 AM »

lol!  Well the other wooden beads in the package probably DID come from a factory in China!  But the olive wood ones should be disctinct, in their obviously higher quality, and the grain line I mentioned...   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 02, 2009 08:08:23 AM »

***Organizational Note***
[/b][/color][/size]

I've had several questions about feedback on this swap, so I wanted to lay out my rules here, for everyone to see.

I give feedback after a few conditions are met:

#1  You have sent your packages. (duh!)
#2  Your recipients have posted pictures of what you sent.
#3  You have posted pictures of what your partners sent you.

I maintain these rules for a few reasons.  First, being a GOOD swapper means that you not only sent a nice package to your partner, but that you cared enough to show off what someone sent to you.  What if someone you sent to, never posted pictures?  Wouldn't that make you sad, after you worked so hard on their package?  So make sure you take as much care in photographing and posting as you wish your partners would take in documenting your work. 
Second, I cannot in all good conscience give out Positive Feedback, if I haven't seen what you sent.  In this swap, we required you send 1 cup of beads to either 1 or 2 partners.  Let's say you sent off your 1 cup, plus maybe a candy bar for your partner.  But what if the person sending to you only sent 1/4 cup of beads?  Would you be happy if they received the same positive feedback that you did just because they sent *something*, and did not meet the minimum requirements?  Would you be happy if their profile read "Thanks for being a great swapper!"  No, of course not.  Plus, that person would be free to join other swaps, with unsuspecting organizers, and send a lousy package to someone else!

I'm not posting this to say that we do have lousy swappers.  Quite the opposite.  I think we have a lovely group here, with one small exception.  We do have an official flaker.  CreativeChick8 has requested her account be deleted and has left Craftster.  Thankfully the lovely april again has already stepped up to send an Angel package to teriyakimoto.  (Yay for april again!  Yay for generosity and goodwill between crafters!)  This means that clearly CreativeChick8 will not be posting the lovely gift that olive_juice sent her.  Olive_juice, your feedback will not be held up because of this.  Please feel free to post pictures of the goodies you sent her though, so we can all admire your work. 

Finally, I do know that we cannot all drop what we are doing the second we receive a package, to take and post pictures.  Waiting a day or even a few days, till you have a free moment to take some nice pictures, is not a problem.  BUT, remember that if you wait *too* long (I'm talking over a week!) to post pictures of your goodies, you're not just delaying your feedback, but you are delaying the feedback of the person who sent to you.  I will get off my soap box now...

Also, yes, I will do a Round 3, but sign-ups won't start for a few weeks.  I want this round to be pretty much over first.  (Keeping track of 30-40 people who all just write "bead soup" in the subject lines of their PMs in 3 rounds of this swap is just too much!)  Have patience my friends, and it will be rewarded... with awesome swapping!

***Organizational Note***
[/b][/color][/size]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

teriyakimoto
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #87 on: September 02, 2009 09:05:01 AM »

You're welcome, Bonster!  There is also a necklace in the mail for you too.

As for the round polymer beads, I can't remember where I got them.  I bought a bunch of them online from someone probably around 10 years ago.  I think I bought the tube polymer beads from Taiwan on a family trip.  I don't have much skill with polymer, so I have to buy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #88 on: September 02, 2009 09:11:05 AM »

Hi all!

Jennie thanks for the great explanation.  It makes good sense.  I do feel disappointed when my partners don't post pics.

I think my partner Jenn is having trouble posting her pics which is another matter entirely so I'm not sad or anything.  She PM'd me a few days ago about wanting to post to the Craftster hosting site, but I couldn't help her since I use Photobucket.

Here's the soup I sent:

It has an evil eye ring, a mix of mainly glass and a few plastic beads, a great faceted cabochon, a few metal clasps (butterfly), a huge pearl (made from ground pearls--really pretty, a pack of vintage plastic pearls, and Bali silver clasp sets.
You can also see one of the crafted items way in the back---cherry earrings!  This is one of my all time fav pieces so I decided to make Jenn some since she likes earrings.

And the other item I crafted is this steampunk bee with rubies!  This is another of my favs that I wanted to share with her. She said that she didn't really wear necklaces much so I left it as a pin.

I'm so glad that I got to play this time around.  Thanks Jennie!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

olive_juice
« Reply #89 on: September 02, 2009 09:52:49 AM »

Here's my package from wyokrista:

They are predominately plastics, but the topmost beads are clay, and to the left is a bone on a pin. There are also a few metal findings and charms, and a string of seed beads. The two small pendants look like sea glass, and i think the smaller beads on the bracelet are glass as well.

Here are pictures of the jewelry I sent to WYOKrista and Creativechick8:

Creativechick8's:

No pictures of creativechick's soup, but i followed her wishes and sent glass, metal, and "funky vintage plastic."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"They sicken of the calm, who know the storm" -Dorothy Parker

wists.com/Olive_Juice

greenergrasses.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christopher Leonard: The Book That Changed My Life
Wendy Williams on Her Juicy New Novel
Jose Antonio Vargas LIVE
Murder And Mercy In Texas
Killer Instinct by S.E. Green
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...