A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Central/Upstate Members?  (Read 9646 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

radal16
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2006 04:57:36 PM »

If you're interested in quilting or in cotton fabric (I don't quilt but I love to make summer dresses in great quilting fabrics/prints), I would like to recommend Puckyhuddle Delight in Candor.  It's right on 96 between Owego and Ithaca.  They have a wonderful selection of quilting standards and a lot of not-so-standard prints.  They also have quilting classes and other instruction and it's owned and run by some VERY friendly and helpful folks.

I told my Mom about this store, she went last week and came home with another quilting project and had signed up for a class!  Thanks for passing that info along.

mnettle- you don't live too far from me.  What kind of crafts do you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bijou_raoul
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006 05:46:35 AM »

I'm in Oswego until for a few more months finishing up school.  I won't be here during the month of August but aside from that I'm stuck here till the end of December.  The only problem is I don't have a car and public transportation's the pits around here so I don't know how I would swing it if y'all wanted to meet up.  Let me know though  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lissybee
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2006 09:35:41 AM »

I'm in Oswego until for a few more months finishing up school.  I won't be here during the month of August but aside from that I'm stuck here till the end of December.  The only problem is I don't have a car and public transportation's the pits around here so I don't know how I would swing it if y'all wanted to meet up.  Let me know though  Smiley

I hear ya...my car was in the shop a short while back and I had to take one of our local taxis, and it was just a nasty experience - driver, taxi and all! Darned expensive, too.

I also remember having to take the Centro back and forth when I was in school, and even though it got me where I wanted to go there was always some interesting assortment of odd townsfolk on there which made for some strange experiences  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julieann
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007 07:39:42 AM »

Just found this thread and am hoping I'll get a response from some of you central NYers.  I am interested in putting on some type of indie craft event in central NY.  They seem to be happening all over the country, except for here!  Who wants to get in on this?  We could have a get together and plan something really cool. 

I'm in Rome which is pretty much exactly in the middle of the state but I'm open to ideas as to where to have it.  Ithaca's pretty hip or maybe Syracuse.  Anyone???  You can email me at jdutt@twcny.rr.com

Julie

http://julieann.etsy.com
http://julieann-handmade-goods.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop: www.julieann.etsy.com for hip handmade goodies for you & yours
radal16
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2007 05:49:30 PM »

Hmm, about when were you thinking?  Summertime?  I know that Syracuse has a few traditional craft fairs a year...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julieann
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007 08:47:40 AM »

I'm not sure when.  I think it probably takes more planning than I realize, so maybe next fall or event winter.  I'm thinking something indoors with a dj and maybe wine/beer too??  I don't think we need another traditional type show but something hip and cool, similar to the indie shows elsewhere, like Renegade, Bazaar Bizarre, only on a smaller scale...at least to start.  Maybe 50 vendors?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my etsy shop: www.julieann.etsy.com for hip handmade goodies for you & yours
MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007 07:52:34 PM »

I'm just outside of Utica.  I've been going to Neptune Studio's Friday night crafting and having a great time meeting other crafters.  They've done indie shows before and plan to do more.  I'm looking forward to it.
Maimun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
bluwave06
Tutorial Contributor

Fifties Twist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007 04:00:55 PM »

I live in waverly, which is in between Elmira and Owego. Only five minutes from Sayre/Athens PA. For being a small town, it has good travelling distance to Binghamton, JC, Endicott, Ithaca and other surrounding areas. 
It is really great to see there are a few people who live in upstate new york. But so far I'm the only one who lives in Waverly.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007 07:00:20 PM by bluwave06 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MunLtStmpr
We're on craftster because we love to create. Why should we settle for what we currently are?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2007 08:08:18 PM »

Well, Neptune Studio has closed up it's craft night, at least for the time being, but a friend and I are going to talk to a local cafe in Utica to maybe hold a craft night gathering there.

I'll post more here as things get settled, but if anyone wants to help get things going, please let me know.
Maimun
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I find joy in creating and helping others create not just jewelry and crafts but best of all, the life they want.
MyPins
MyArt
Life & Creativity Coaching
pikabean
also known as Natch

cross my heart and kiss my elbows!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2007 08:49:42 PM »

Just popping my head in as I'll be in Ithaca starting in about 2 weeks as I'll be a freshman at Cornell! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Calligraphy Ink
How to Do Different Brush Strokes
How to Draw a Person Sitting Down
How to Draw What You Really See
How to Draw Flowers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...