A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anthropologie Waterfall Sleeve Blouse  (Read 3272 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sugarpumpkin
« on: August 19, 2009 09:29:32 AM »

I just LOVE this blouse. Its not something I would typically like but theres just something about it!
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=910189&parentid=CLOTHES-BLOUSES&pushId=CLOTHES-BLOUSES&popId=CLOTHES&sortProperties=&navCount=25&navAction=top&fromCategoryPage=true&selectedProductSize=&selectedProductSize 1=&color=015&colorName=NEUTRAL%20MOTIF&isSubcategory=true

Does anyone know how I would go about making the sleeves like that? I think I have an idea of how I could but it's probably not the same way that they went about it and I want it to look very similar when its done. (obviously I can't afford to buy this...I dont think I can really afford anything from Anthropologie! Shocked) Sometimes they have some really cute pieces though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://sequins-and-stripes.blogspot.com

Today, today its all or nothing, all the way, my praise goes out to you, yah all my praise goes out to you.
Today, Today I live for one thing, to give you praise in everything I do, yah all my praise goes out to you!
Amraann
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009 09:01:30 AM »

I would say to use a kimono type cut sleeve, cut larger along the arm holes than needed, then gather them using a lose straight stitch then sew onto the body of your shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009 07:42:59 PM »

its a raglan sleeve,  and I would think the arm hole in the body is  a little longer than normal, I think the sleeve is a full-length or longer sleeve, that has only had the underneath seam sewn together for about 1/3 to 1/4 of its length, the rest, forms a large arm opening, is gathered as amraann says, into the arm hole. the top opening appears to be finished with piping (cut a facing to match the top and insert piping between the facing and the garment)

the sleeve bottom appears to be gathered into a small band
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Finish BBQ Chicken on the Grill
How to Bake Beans for Your Chicken
Grilling BBQ Chicken with Baked Beans
What To Do with Turkey Leftovers
How to Check the Temperature of a Roasted Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...