A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,708
Currently Running With Scissors:
721 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Holiday Helpers Swap ((Crafting, Gallery Thread is Up))  (Read 8912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009 08:48:13 PM »

I think I'll do this, but I have to think of good people I need to give gifts to.  I love the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
CrAfTer21
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009 01:16:23 PM »

I'll have to think long and hard about this one. Holiday swaps are the most useful and I do have a lot of people to give gifts to. I was going to take a craft break after the Giant Multi Theme swap.

If I knew I could be partnered with someone who wanted 7 small items like jewelry (earrings or bracelets) then I think I'd do it. Jewelry is my best medium. I would be also willing to do one medium or large (time wise) embroidery item like a tea towel or on a baby blanket.  I imagine I'd be fairly easy to craft for in return. I have more than 10 people who need gifts. I could also make soap & candles as small items if my partner wished.{I also don't mind crafting for any holiday} Would anyone want a partner like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A dream is a wists your heart makes
http://www.wists.com/crafter21
HandsyMalone

Also answers to Leroy...long story

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009 01:35:57 PM »

I can match you with someone like that. Just put it in your questionnaire and I'll accomodate you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009 02:08:21 PM »

I'll have to think long and hard about this one. Holiday swaps are the most useful and I do have a lot of people to give gifts to. I was going to take a craft break after the Giant Multi Theme swap.

If I knew I could be partnered with someone who wanted 7 small items like jewelry (earrings or bracelets) then I think I'd do it. Jewelry is my best medium. I would be also willing to do one medium or large (time wise) embroidery item like a tea towel or on a baby blanket.  I imagine I'd be fairly easy to craft for in return. I have more than 10 people who need gifts. I could also make soap & candles as small items if my partner wished.{I also don't mind crafting for any holiday} Would anyone want a partner like that?

Ooooo.  I could be tempted with all that.  Maybe not the soaps and candles, but jewelry and embroidered towels would be great gifts for a few people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009 03:28:10 PM »

I have to wait until Tuesday to officially sign up but I'm most definitely into this swap!

I was bitten by the Holiday bug earlier this week. I wrote out my list and have decided to do a crafted item for everyone on my list. Smiley

This will be my first swap and I'm mega excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JanelleJ
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009 06:00:14 PM »

Is this 7 points for each person of the three, resulting in 21 points? Or are the points divided among the three?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nikimac

28 and life to go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009 10:07:13 PM »

I sure hope it meant 7 among the three.  I interpreted it as like 2 points per each person, then 1 for the swap partner.  I'd even prefer 3 points per each person and maybe 2 for the partner, but I suppose we can figure that out with our partners, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love planning parties - come to me if you need any ideas!
pinokeeo

Best of 2013 winner, but this is just as good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2009 10:35:57 PM »

This is a 7 point swap.  That means that you send a total of seven points in your package.  Whether it's three mediums and a small, or a large and two mediums, or seven smalls, it needs to be at least seven points.  You can send more if you like, but you must meet minimum requirements.

Hope this helps to clear things up a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gammykatie

I would be unstoppable If I could just get started

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2009 11:30:21 PM »

this swap sounds intriguing..... I'll have to watch it.  Glad signups go so long.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We make a Living by what we get, We make a Life by what we give.  - Winston Churchilll

http://www.wists.com/gammykatie

2010 - 3/XX                     I won't read Blogs!
JanelleJ
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009 12:00:51 AM »

Thanks for clarifying the points requirement ladies. I'll probably join this one, even though I said I would be finished with swaps until after the holidays. This swap looks too good to pass up!

I have two people in mind. One is my grandma. I always buy her the same old things every year. This will be a good way to change it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bangalore Literature Festival 2013 - Words from the Founders
Claire Legrand and The Year of Shadows
Keen On: Writing On The Wall
Team Milkha at Bangalore Literature Festival
Wil Haygood: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...