A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour Gallery - As seen on TTTV  (Read 57107 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #860 on: November 09, 2009 06:43:07 AM »

Oh wow, that's great!

I just recently started checking out Urban Threads for patterns. Since they're an offshoot of a machine embroidery company, sometimes their hand embroidery versions don't look quite as nice. I like these guys, though. The face on the one in the middle is hilarious and the crumpled parchment banner looks pretty cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #861 on: November 09, 2009 07:44:21 AM »

Uhg! I'm behind!
The Jukebox is fantastic! I love the colors.
The constellations are such a great way to tie in that theme!
Fantastic finished towel! Such fun stitching.
The flowers are so pretty. Those 70's patterns are great for flowers.
The skelly's are fantastic! I've never seen that pattern from UrbanThreads. Off to check it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fabricfriend
« Reply #862 on: November 09, 2009 09:28:43 AM »

love the squirrel
constellations are cool
day of the dead band -love it

i am in awe of everyones talent. the bar keeps going up and up...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #863 on: November 09, 2009 02:49:30 PM »

I'm still working away on my design Cool

The constellations are a nice idea and  I quite like the colors on the DotD design Smiley  Those classic flowers are just perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
greenlightgo
« Reply #864 on: November 10, 2009 09:57:59 AM »

Wow guys- I'm sad that its going to be over soon, but us in the late group are still going strong!
Sew~Amy- LOVE LOVE LOVE the DOTD band- love the design, and your stitching and the colors! SO GREAT!

Beetastic- I know what you mean, I think a VW van needs to be painted by everyone, its such an iconic symbol of love for the people, and I'm ALL for that! I want one too- but for now we can all live vicariously through sew~amy- she's got them all stashed at her place Cheesy  LOL

JQADAMS- LOVE your badbird birds, you have such a great aesthetic for choosing your designs, I've really enjoyed everything you've done in this tour! Plus, your stitching is DIVINE!

I sure can't wait to see others finished towels, I'm n love with everyone's so far, and think everyone did such a fantastic job- I've learned so much during this tour, I can't begin to thank everyone of you guys- so I'll do a big group virtual hug and say Gracias Mi Amigas~ mucho amore- not sure of the spelling of all that , but you can feel the love anyway right?
XOXO
THIS ROCKS   Logged
j_q_adams
« Reply #865 on: November 10, 2009 10:21:14 AM »

JQADAMS- LOVE your badbird birds, you have such a great aesthetic for choosing your designs, I've really enjoyed everything you've done in this tour! Plus, your stitching is DIVINE!

Awwww, thanks so much, greenlightgo!  That was such a nice thing to say.  This is my first embroidery swap, so that's really great to hear.

I just finished my final piece for the tour, and it's for SarahJ2001.  Her towel doesn't have theme, but she did refer to her "100 things" post in which she referenced that her dream car is a green Jeep (and that she has one!)  So I thought she might like a green Jeep commemorated on her towel:

I have a picture of Sarah's full towel, but I believe the etiquette is to not show it until she receives it ... ??  So I'll refrain.

SO sad that the tour is over for me, but I had a blast!  I'll keep watching the gallery until the final design is posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #866 on: November 10, 2009 10:32:48 AM »

Oh wow I love the Jeep.  My towel is so great...all my favorite things on it!  I can't wait to get it back Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j_q_adams
« Reply #867 on: November 10, 2009 12:50:02 PM »

It's on its way!  I sent it Priority Mail this morning.  I will PM both you and Susie with the DC# as soon as I get it out of my car.

SO glad you like the Jeep design, Sarah!  I had a couple of different ideas, so I'm relieved that this one worked for you.  I had sketched out more detail in the scenery (mountains in the back, rocks and a creek in the foreground) ... but I ran out of time.   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
j_q_adams
« Reply #868 on: November 10, 2009 12:57:47 PM »

I just finished mego's towel. Her theme is Forest/Nature, so I went with a folk art fox:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x64/labrill/ttt5_fox.jpg

The pattern is a vintage quilt pattern I found on eBay.

GatsbyGirl, I've been admiring this fox design since the start of the swap and I've been searching online for the patterns, but to no avail.  Any tips on what to search for, or where to look?  Any chance the ebay seller you got it from might have any more?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010 11:57:02 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: Please don't quote images! » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiberartsy

That rug really tied the room together.

« Reply #869 on: November 10, 2009 01:06:20 PM »

Loving the Jeep, jukebox, birds--------everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How Colors Represent Emotion in Paintings
How to Express yourself with Colors When Painting
How Colors Represent Energy in Paintings
Painting Lesson - Big Brush, Little Brush
Artists Easels
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...