A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea Towel Tour Gallery - As seen on TTTV  (Read 58097 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2009  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PaleAngelLex
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: October 19, 2009 03:45:09 PM »

I just came across this thread ... have any of you tried this tip with the Glad Press 'N Seal?

I use it for everything. You can end up pulling stitches if you aren't careful, but it's not that big of a problem for me. I only really use it for outlining a design. All fill work or detail should not be done through the plastic. You also have to be careful because the ink can run. I have found though, that if you trace over your pattern in pencil, heavily mind you, then put the press and seal over it, then put the press and seal onto a light color fabric, all you have is the pencil line. I've never used anything else because I've never had a transfer pencil. They sound like the best way to go, but press and seal has never let me down. Like I said, if it's something I made, and it's posted here on craftster, press and seal was involved.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Blog at TehTable
Wist
~Glenda
« Reply #711 on: October 19, 2009 04:00:31 PM »

I Sew Cute, I love your diner gal!! Sorry you're not feeling 100% yet Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2009 06:07:24 PM »

rectangel, that is so beautiful!

I Sew Cute, I cannot tell you how much I love that diner girl! She really cheered me up after a bad day!

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009 06:45:01 PM by Pearliepie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #713 on: October 19, 2009 08:40:23 PM »

That tattoo art is amazing! Great work with the varigated floss!
That diner gal is very classy. I love the color choices too. (Feel better soon!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 19, 2009 09:45:49 PM »

Yikes! I'm eight pages behind

Mamaphunk -- Don't think twice about not having done enough. I love the single cigarette with the smoke spelling out "Alone." Have to admit, I'm not a smoker myself and while I hate the reality of smoking -- disease, smell, cost, addiction -- I love the romance of smoking, if you know what I mean.

j_q_adams -- Your hummingbird and lotus flowers are so pretty. Have to admit though, I'm curious what you would have done if you'd gone the Soviet propaganda route.

fenifer -- I have a book of Pennsylvania Dutch embroidery patterns too. I haven't tackled any of them yet, but now I'm thinking I should move that up on my list. I really like the direction you went with the teardrop shapes.

cupcakeguru -- I'm pretty sure my Barbie had that bus! Wink Nice job. And cowboys and cats are two of my favorite things, so you can never go wrong mixing them together. Best of both worlds.

ritapizza -- I already said how much I love that scooter, but it must be repeated. My scooter dealer just had a baby girl. If you happened to keep a copy of your design and would be willing to share, I'd love to stitch up a onesie using it.

Lilyvanilli -- Those birds are two cute. It's amazing how many different looks you can get from something as simple as birds.

greenlightgo -- It might sound funny, but I'm really digging the grass around the tombstone, especially the two shades of green.

IamSusie -- Those chips seriously look good enough to eat. I don't think I would have looked at just the design for those and thought they could look that good stitched up. You picked the perfect colors, everything.

~Glenda -- Your fish looks like he came straight from an old Warner Bros. cartoon. Like he's going to break out into song at any minute!

sarahj2001 -- I don't know what I would have done with an Indonesian-themeed towel, but your group has really stepped it up. Your colors are great and the satin stitch on your flowers gives them neat spiky look.

rectangel -- Putting all of us to shame again, I see. Smiley Where does one come by "old-fashioned" variegated floss?

I Sew Cute -- That waitress is adorable. Where did the pattern come from. (Oh, and feel better.)

Whew! Sorry if I missed anyone. Needless to say, this swap is the best. We need to make sure it's not a year before we do it again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
Lilyvanilli
« Reply #715 on: October 19, 2009 09:51:19 PM »

I Sew Cute - your waitress is super cute! That apron looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rectangel
a right angle gone wrong

'once a square always a square'

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #716 on: October 20, 2009 10:00:24 AM »

hey gatsby -the red is DMC 115.  When the new Color Variations came out my Michael's (which is always missing colors) stopped carrying the regular variegated colors.  The actual needlework store I go to not only still has the original variegated but they sell them for the same price as a regular skein...(albeit they charge more for the regular skeins).  Color variations on the other hand is about 2-3 times the price of regular floss.

I've worked a little bit with the Color Variations palette but I find it a little stressful as it changes really quickly and you have to kind of give up control over the color scheme.  As to putting you to shame I must say my group has a much better track record than me they are doing fantastic designs in a punctual manner.  Timing is important and it is almost always what I need to work on...I am like the people at the restaurant who always order more than they can eat Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Going to Viva this year April 1-4!
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #717 on: October 20, 2009 12:15:15 PM »

Here is my addition to mego's forest themed towel with a bit of a sad cautionary tale. The pattern is from the Hoop Love flickr pool. I used some vintage thread for her hat and dress without testing or washing it first. Then, the night before I was supposed to mail it out, I sprayed it with water to get rid of the blue pen and it bled out all around her.

I tried a bunch of different stain removers but nothing worked, and eventually I ended up painting on bleach with a paint brush. It stained some of the thread, and didn't even really get all of the pink out. From here on out, I will always test any red thread that I use first! I messaged mego already and we've talked about it, so I feel okay posting it here now...

And here is one of the less disastrous parts Tongue

Thanks, mego for being so very understanding!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2009 12:16:11 PM by millik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beetastic
« Reply #718 on: October 20, 2009 01:01:54 PM »

rectangel - I can see how it would be hard to do such primary colors on white but I love it and you pulled it off.  I only have one varigarted floss that flows into black and I am not sure if it is DMC or not but it is red as well.  It was one I bought in a variety pack before I learned that some of those variety packs tend to have their colors bleed.  I learned my lesson and primarily buy DMC.

millik - your little red riding hood is very well done.  It can be frustrating when floss bleeds.  I have had that happen several times.  I have used the bleach pen which sound like you did basically the same thing.  It helps a little but it is never truly gone. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #719 on: October 20, 2009 01:34:00 PM »

Little Red Riding Hood is great! Floss bleeding is a terrible thing, but I think she looks great. It probably isn't as noticeable to other people, but you know it is there so it irritates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit the Knit Stitch
How to Customize Melt-and-Pour Soap
How to Knit the Purl Stitch
How to Make a Snowy Candle Lantern
How to Make a Handmade Paper Envelope
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...